flying spaghetti monster

Canadian soldiers killed in Canada

On Monday morning, a man ran down two Canadian soldiers where one of them received fatal wounds and the other received minor injuries. 

Today, a second Canadian soldier was wounded while on sentry duties at the Canadian National War Memorial but there was also an attempt to kill others at the Canadian Parliament Hill. Fortunately, the suspect that was at Parliament was taken down before anyone could be harmed. Unfortunately at this time, the suspect that wounded the Canadian soldier is still on the run.

Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/parliament-hill-attack-1-gunman-dead-after-soldier-shot-at-national-war-memorial-1.2808710

What do you guys think about what is going on in Canada?

this is all happening literally in the same town im in (Ottawa).The Government have informed ANY soldiers that are off duty/running errands and such to do so when not in uniform. The whole downtown center is on complete lock down. There is a total of 2  gunmen during this attack today (1 confirmed and 1 more suspected) one has been killed and another is still at large. 

Will post further updates throughout the day as i see them. keep in mind these updates may be sparse due to me being at work but ill try my best.

Edited by Vospo

I'm currently at school, and as Vospo mentioned, everything is in lockdown in Ottawa. Classes are being canceled in universities in Ottawa as well. Also Vospo where you at in Ottawa?

Kanata atm how about you? I got friends at Ottawa U atm that are basically shut in class due to lockdown

Why Canada of all places? Most nonsensical attack of all time. Not to be a conspiracy theorist or anything, but it seems like this particular strain of Extremist only target the strangest and most endearing of targets, women, unarmed christians, fleeing soldiers, atheists and homosexuals. It's just pathetic.

Now there are obvious reasons why they would do it, to get the west riled up, but if they start attacking the families of service men and women or even off duty personnel like this on a larger scale, all they will accomplish is world-war 2 like internment camps and hatred.

It's like they are trying to lose the war, which digs other questions too ridiculous to answer. Utter madness.

To me it seems that since there were gunman in two different places at around the same time, this was a planned deliberate attack. Hard to speculate who this was done by, but as Yugoslave said, I think this may have been done by two individuals inspired by IS since this attack is so close in date to the one on Monday. 

I guess we wont really know what happened for another few days as more information is released.

Got the CNN notification on my phone whilst in mathematics class today. Classes were not the same that day as everyone was worried about what was occurring in our capital. 

I've also been recently informed that I am to not wear my Cadet uniform at all until further notice, seeing that our uniform is very similar if not identical to that of the Canadian Forces and we could be a target. The Canadian Forces also issued a statement saying that several Canadian Forces Bases would be close off to the public and have stepped up security. 

I'm trying to see if Parliament was in session or if there was a Question Period during the shooting to see the reaction from within the building. But it seems at the moment the only thing that is live is the press release by the Chief of Police for Ottawa. 

From what I've read, someone made a statement saying that the soldier had been fatally wounded before he was supposed to. I'm not sure how accurate this is either, just going off of the live feed that Vospo linked earlier in the thread.

Ottawa Police have confirmed the death of the Canadian Armed Forces member, says CBC. The Director of Communications for the Office of the Prime Minister released a statement on behalf of the Prime Minister regarding the event, but made no comment on the death of the soldier. 

Multiple other politicians and News Agencies have released statements regarding the death of the soldier saying that it has occurred. 

Edited by PotatoMan2J6

Why Canada of all places?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ2MY58RunM

Canada has been supporting Israel for about 10 years, no surprise that Radical Muslims would want to attack us.  Just another example of politicians putting other countries interests before their own, and to hell with the consequences.

but it seems like this particular strain of Extremist only target the strangest and most endearing of targets, women, unarmed Christians, fleeing soldiers, atheists and homosexuals.

AFAIK, ISIS isn't "targeting" Christians as much as they are targeting Shiites.  The Christians that they have conquered have been spared (for the most part) and just given a special tax.  This is because they see Christians not as heretics, but as ignorance, they see Shiites as Heretical and thus worthy of Jihad.  This leads me to believe we're being targeted because of our political affiliation due to our morons in Government.

I do wish Harper didn't involve us in the savagery of the Middle East, but he has, so we gotta deal with the shit we're now getting.  Your concentration camp idea sounds nice. :tongue:

Edited by Birdy890

Micheal Zehaf-Bibeau has been identified as the deceased shooter. Two sources tell CNN that Bibeau was a convert to Islam and had a history of drug use before he converted. 

So there is your possible link to ISIS, now we have two Canadian Soldiers who have died during the fight against ISIS and these soldiers weren't even actively deployed, but reservists.

Your concentration camp idea sounds nice. :tongue:

Yeah, I fear that the sheepish, mass-media indulgent majority of the United States will call for it, shit, we've already got a bunch of religious nuts, westboro shootoffs, attacking Muslims at my University, verbally and physically. Fucking disgrace to western society and Christianity as a whole.

you guys need to stop arguing. they're stupid religious extremists and nothing more.

Birdy, i agree with harper's interventionist approach; I have family in turkey, and i think letting a build up of terrorists and what not in unstable countries like iraq and syria. We could've left them alone, but we have commitments to those countries and NATO members. I hate talking politics on the forums, find me in TS if you wanna but heads  :tongue:

Also I think it's BS that the media plays this up so much here, forgetting about the victims. It was an important matter, however, I want to know about our protectors and not the terrorists.

Harper's gonna have a tough campaign and nasty fight with Trudeau over this. I hope this event makes the politicians up our defense spending.

you guys need to stop arguing. they're stupid religious extremists and nothing more.

Birdy, i agree with harper's interventionist approach; I have family in turkey, and i think letting a build up of terrorists and what not in unstable countries like iraq and syria. We could've left them alone, but we have commitments to those countries and NATO members. I hate talking politics on the forums, find me in TS if you wanna but heads  :tongue:

Also I think it's BS that the media plays this up so much here, forgetting about the victims. It was an important matter, however, I want to know about our protectors and not the terrorists.

Harper's gonna have a tough campaign and nasty fight with Trudeau over this. I hope this event makes the politicians up our defense spending.

Birdy doesn't understand that this is a war against the West and these people could care even less if Canada loves or hates Israel, I think the media coverage of this terrorist attack was alright, it focused on the heroes instead of the terrorists, at least the media here did, specifically talking about Kevin Vickers who stopped the terrorist.

Yeah, I fear that the sheepish, mass-media indulgent majority of the United States will call for [concentration camps]

Please do not confuse a vocal minority for the majority. 

In other news confirmed facts about this incident are:

• Soldier gaurding the memorial has passed away
  • 1 gunman confirmed and has been shot dead
  • 1 security officer in hospital after being shot in leg as the gunman entered thru the front door of the parliament buildings
  • After gunman shot and killed the soldier he then proceeded to run the the parliament buildings and quite literally walked thru the front door injuring 1 security officer.
  • Gunman was wearing body armor and was believed to be using a double barrel shotgun.
  • Sergant at Arms, Kevin Vickers is the man who shot and killed the gunman
  • and lastly as of 3:00am EST --------  90 suspected Canadians who have joined or who have tried to join ISIS are being rounded up tonight by Police in the Ottawa area.

G4ZRgB6.jpg

This is believed to be one of the last pictures taken of the soldier

The soldier's name was Nathan Cirillo. He was a reservist from Hamilton, Ontario only to be in Ottawa for a week. He was not much older than the suspected age of the Unknown soldier whom tomb he was guarding.He was a husband and a father. 

I would like to give my condolences to the family and to anyone who has been affected.

Rest in Peace.

G4ZRgB6.jpg

Forgive me if I come off as disrespectful but damn that chick is banging.

Semi back on topic the security level in Aus was beefed up quite a while ago. I notice regular police patrols of about 8 or so officers in high traffic areas most days as well as other security measures.