Sign in to follow this  
azzwort

Arma 2 Send Off Event [2014-10-18] 1800Z

Posted Image

Due to the high probability of shutdown on 21/10/14, we will be holding an event to relive the glory days of the arma 2 primary server. Missions will be a mix of tvts and coops, but all classics. This will be the final sendoff for the server before we step into arma 3, and everyone is welcome to come play. Please ensure your ACRE and Mods are working. We'll be around to help out an hour before the start of the event, and a few fixes are suggested in the following post: Link

Click here to view the article

So... With the BE update that somehow ended up breaking jayarma2lib, will everyone actually be able to play? Working around it is a bit of a hassle and apparently not even guaranteed to work for everyone.

Can we finish the event by having Pilots fly over with glorious flares and alot of show of force :D

Would love to have a big bang to finish off Arma 2 :)

Would love to take part in that, but I uninstalled ArmA 2 some time ago. I hope someone is gonna record this. :smile:

Ill be there. Simply cannot miss this.

Ah, I re-installed Arma just in time to see the server get shut down. How lovely.

you've got to be shitting me... came to UO because my old community shut down, now you are shutting down ArmA II, too?

where will all this end ;(

A2 just got too old. Lots of places are moving/moved to A3. It was matter of time.

Im so sad that I can't be there. Somebody please record this. Turn it into a "UO In Review 2013-2014" all in one session. 

Arma 2 is dead, long live Arma 2!

Fixed it for you. 

But seriously, looking forward to the event, should be fun. :)

would love to be there. if numbers permit, Gothic Serpent should be part of it. T'was my first mission on the server...

Just to be clear, as far as I can tell a new BattlEye update was released that fixed the previous issue.

I made feable and unsuccessful attempts to fix it, however when I launched my game yesterday I got a BE update and my game worked.

Just got into the hang of writing missions and the plug gets pulled.  Will start looking at  Arma 3 in terms of doing the same there.  See you at the sendoff.

I just recently installed ArmA 3 to try it out on my new machine.

I am currently reinstalling ArmA 2 & mods, but I do have another event that evening, so I might be joining later.

Or my machine implodes due to Six, I have seen it happen before...