Fighter

Squad: A commercial game made by developers of and inspired by PR:BF2

How will we inform randoms joining the server?

MOTD, I suppose. We can also expect some people to actually start coming to our TS3 to play Squad, now that we have a server. As we have members who normally only play Arma, UOAF, etc., we will also have members for squad. I imagine some of these people can be trusted enough to give some admin power.

Weve also had a small amount of regulars actually playing on the server, so they can always help.

Edited by Kevin31

We should set simple rules on the Squad server, rules which are easy to understand and can be displayed via game chat like in BF2 (as soon as this is possible). 

1. no team killing -> kick (ban if a player decides to be a retard, rejoins and doing it again)
  2. no lone wolfing - join squads -> kick 
  3. no base rape -> instant ban if a player or squad attacks the enemy main spawn or enters the enemy main spawn and kills the enemy team after spawning
  4. no racism or insults to other player -> kick/ban

It's a public server, the community itself may be more adult than the BF community, but from my experience as server admin of a BF2 and BF3 server I can say that no one cares about rules (well some do but...).

And randoms that join our TS³ must follow our already existing guidelines.

We should set simple rules on the Squad server, rules which are easy to understand and can be displayed via game chat like in BF2 (as soon as this is possible). 

1. no team killing -> kick (ban if a player decides to be a retard, rejoins and doing it again)
  2. no lone wolfing - join squads -> kick 
  3. no base rape -> instant ban if a player or squad attacks the enemy main spawn or enters the enemy main spawn and kills the enemy team after spawning
  4. no racism or insults to other player -> kick/ban

It's a public server, the community itself may be more adult than the BF community, but from my experience as server admin of a BF2 and BF3 server I can say that no one cares about rules (well some do but...).

And randoms that join our TS³ must follow our already existing guidelines.

These rules have already been set afaik:

Very good! Now this game just needs to become more stable, so you can play more than 15 minutes without server crashes ^^

Once the game matures past early access alpha, maybe.  There is no need for an entire section for one game that is self contained and closed content at this time.

Yesterday, there was player spawning RPG's around the map. I am assuming there is no way to deal with this now, unless we have their name?

You would think the game developers would at least add some anti-cheat measures.

Names and Steam ID's would be required.  I am working on a backend ban system now, but do not expect it to be fully functional until next week.

Does anyone know if you can split the audio for the game effects and tbe audio for the voice comms?

On arma I got ts through headphones and effects through 5.1 can a similar setup be created with this game? As of right now it's all through the 5.1 which is less than ideal.

Initial setup for GM/Regular/Donor Permissions set.

Donor Members - Have the following abilities

Start Vote, Balance,Kick, Demo Recording, & Reserve Spot

Regulars - Have the same abilities including.
Change Map, Global Chat, Mute, & Ban

Game Moderators - Have the same abilities Including
Admin Immune, Manage Server, Camera Man, & Rcon

Had no idea UO had a SQUAD server? Been playing for a bit now, I think it's a great game (PR Lover) with a bright future.

Can't wait for modding tools to be released to the players.

See you guys in game I hope!

J4v2Hjd.png

Did someone say Squad is fun?

There was an update today, it changed a number of things, including ACTUAL OPTIMIZATIONS. That's right boys, 60FPS.

Rather than link the large changelog, here's a link http://steamcommunity.com/games/squad/announcements/detail/848194057201837265

Click on the spoiler bellow to be... blown away.

rockettechie_firing.gif

penetration_2.gif

In conclusion, if you guys want to play let me know, I'm always down.

If you have any questions relating to Squad Wednesday / our Squad Server, I will not be answering them.

I'll speak with the GSO and other officers, and if there's enough random participation etc, look into stuff. No promises now, nor in the near future.

HELP! I'm being oppressed!
This user is feeling particularly oppressed right now, perhaps you should comfort them.

Edited by HeadShot

Did they make a way to remove the icons that identify everyone?

Edited by Jimbo