Sign in to follow this  
SpitFir3Tornado

Germany Supplies Arms to Kurdistan

http://www.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spiegel.de%2Fpolitik%2Fausland%2Firak-deutschland-schickt-kurden-panzerabwehrraketen-a-989117.html

(article pre-google translated for english speakers)

tl;dr Germany gives Kurdistan 8000 G3s, 8000 G36s, 40 MG3s, 8000 P1 pistols, 30 Milan Launchers (500 Missiles), 40 RPG Launcher (200 RPGs)(article doesn't say what kind or if it is actually RPG7s, just says Rocket Propelled Grenades and Heavy Bazooka), 10000 Hand grenades, 100 Signal Pistol(Flare gun)

They are getting 200 Panzerfaust 3s and 30 Carl Gustavs which only fire illum.

I don't think that can't be worked around.

There was a discussion in the Bundestag (German Parliament) about this theme today. Most partys supported the delivery,  the left wing of course doesn't. 

The best thing about it is: Instead of sending it straight to the kurds they deliver this stuff to bagdag, so the kurds have no control of the delivery and IF someone steals ammunition/weapons or equipment no one will know until the kurds get their stuff, IF they ever get their stuff. 

I wonder what happens in iraq/kurdistan after that ISIS/ISIL/IS story...

Do kurds a favor, send it directly to them.. Iraq has shown they do not deserve this support.
Kurds has done everything they can to stop ISIS and is lacking the gear, tell me did they run and give up american equipments to ISIS? No. Did they cause this split between Shia and Sunnies in Iraq? No. 

#Proudkurd

Finally a country with balls to send what is needed but not smart enough to send it directly to the Kurds?

There was a discussion in the Bundestag (German Parliament) about this theme today. Most partys supported the delivery,  the left wing of course doesn't. 

The best thing about it is: Instead of sending it straight to the kurds they deliver this stuff to bagdag, so the kurds have no control of the delivery and IF someone steals ammunition/weapons or equipment no one will know until the kurds get their stuff, IF they ever get their stuff. 

I wonder what happens in iraq/kurdistan after that ISIS/ISIL/IS story...

Delivery is done via and observed by GE soldiers currently stationed in Erbil

I am always very careful with predictions but in this case we got go/nogo - It is always hard to tell. Bout one year ago germany made a big fuzz for one milan launcher and a few missiles which went to hands of a radical group, now we send 20 launchers and 500 missiles into a highly compromised area (not mentioning all thoose other weapons).

On one hand I think it is good to support the locals and let them handle their problems in their own ways without starting various attempts of "world-police-actions" from western countries like they did way too often in the last decade; on the other hand we never know what will happen afterwards - US had to learn the hard way as they supported local troops with modern weaponary around the 90's making them mercenary-heros and then the wars stops and all thoose mercenarys become jobless and quite many kept on doing the stuff they knew: how to kill. Later figuring out that a lot of the weapons used by terrorist groups where weapons delivered by the US or Russia to previous local militia to fight the corupt government.

Always hard to tell what is best or not I guess - Can only hope for most of thoose local fighters down there that they will use this stuff what it got delivered for and put it in national military stock after all this murdering stoped.

I do not understand thoose radical religious groups... actually no redical group I can remember, religious or not, I just do not get why someone would want to force his believings onto someones else, who might not even care at all, about that specific matter.