Sign in to follow this  
Impulse 9

Slider

Add Slider as a Regular?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Add Slider as a Regular?

• Yes
    • No

Fellow Regulars, I would like to nominate Slider for Regularship. 

Slider has been playing at UnitedOperations since the 19th of January in 2012 and has not been banned a single time.

Slider has expressed his dedication for the community by playing in game and helping mission makers with their missions. Slider has attended many UOTC courses and has helped out with unofficial ones as well. Slider continually helps improve the quality of UnitedOperations in every way he can and has asked for opinions on whether or not he should put up a poll in his personal review thread. I felt it is my duty as a Regular to improve the quality of the server and I believe this is a step in the right direction. 

I have full trust in Slider to uphold the standards and duties of Regularship.

This poll requires a 2/3 vote and 1 week.

This poll has been posted on behalf of another Regular.

I have played with Slider often since joining the server. He takes tactical gameplay seriously whether leading or following in missions. The time of day where I usually see him on the server is desperately in need of regulars that have his mature attitude. I'm certain that he will take the title of Regular seriously and help increase the level of gameplay at UO.

Slider would most definitely be a great addition. He is always very helpful and is overall just a really good player. My vote would be a for sure yes. 

Abstaining for now until we hear from Slider.

Yes from me.

Edited by kalohepirate

First of all, I'd like to thank the person the put up the poll, it is very appreciated. I was thinking about doing it lately and was talking to few people, asking for feedback and this week I'd put up the poll for sure. Now, to cut to the chase.

Everyone here knows me by my in-game name "Slider", but my real name is Dino and I'm 21 and live in Toronto, Canada (eh). I found out about UO through a friend that played here for a bit and was immidiately impressed by all the videos on Youtube, so installed the game, connected and played a few missions. Up until few months ago, it was hard for me to play with more then 20 people online due to very crappy PC, but now I have something decent, so I've been more active then before (taking up leadership slots, critical assets, or whatever needs to be filled). Since I started, it has always been enjoyable to play here as there's always new stuff to learn, new people to meet. Granted, there were/are/will be ups and downs, but that's normal for a big community like this.

You're probably wondering "who is this guy?", which is understandable because I don't spend that much time in Barracks, simply because if I am here, I'd like to use that time to play and enjoy Arma 2 (or whatever comes along) and hang out with people in mean time. My main goal in UO is to promote the SOPs, the Charter and in general, make it a nice place for player to be at: serious enough that we follow realistic tactics, but relaxed enough as we don't have a SgtMaj making us "police dat moostashe!".

Other games/sims I play here are BMS and DCS with UOAF people and I absolutely love it. I've been with flight sims for almost 9 years, starting with FS2002 on VATSIM (still active member), then moving to IVAO (active as well) and FS2004 in 2007. At some point in last year or so, I found about BMS, gave it a go, and after Neyu's and ghostdog's patient guidance, got up to speed to fly some campaigns, but due to work, haven't been able to be as active as I'd want to be.

Honestly, I'm not sure what else to write, but if you have any questions whatsoever, I'll to my best to answer them. As always, feedback in any form is always appreciated.

Cheers

Active on the server, good presence in the community, always a pleasure to see him online. Got get 'em Slider.

With the voting drawing to a close, I'd like to thank everyone for support, feedback and help with everything so far and in future. It's always a pleasure to play here and help new players to get up to speed.

Considering, I was nominated by a Regular, I'll hold up community values even more.

Thank you all