extracrispi

ISIS fighter with M16/AK hybrid

The image search I made had him be a Peshmerga fighter and not ISIS.
The rifle looks to be AK-74M with a custom folding stock, the pistol grip missing and for some odd reason a M16 carry handle. So it's not so much a matter of a factory made hybrid, but a rather weird custom set up.

Edited by J.B.

That either isn't an M16 type carry handle, or it's had the ass end cut off because it's missing the big area at the rear where all the sight adjustment is

No, it's on top.
It is also possible to purchase M16 carrying handles without the sight adjustments. 

The rifle looks to be AK-74M with a custom folding stock, the pistol grip missing.

I would put my money on it being an AK47M, not a 74 variant. The magazine, gastube/gas block and general knowledge of most weapons used in Iraq lead to that belief.

Plus it's not uncommon to find AK47Ms with that style of stock, the lack of a pistol grip and M16 sight just seems a tad extreme.

Edited by j0zh94

This is actually kinda hilarious. Seems the handgrip for that guy's rifle is intended for airsoft rifles. This $20 handgrip also comes with a pistol grip. Considering that this rifle still has the pistol grip bolt dangling there, it's likely that the crappy airsoft pistol grip shattered on him.

Stock looks like this Guntec one. And no addition theories on the carrying handle, except that I assume he isn't concerned with using his iron sights.

EDIT: Did a little more Googling, apparently the handgrip is "real", but only for .22LR AKs. Can't tell if this guy has "real" handgrip or the airsoft knockoff, but considering the missing pistol grip, I'd suspect the latter. Also believe the base rifle is an AKM-type, based upon the dips above the magazine well.

Edited by SCFan42

So this is what our allies have while ISIS has our front-line equipment that we left behind and T-55s. Nice.

looks like the greatest hip fire weapon ever. It's missing the grip so I just imagine him standing there holding it by the stock and spray and praying. 

That is Peshmerga and he's foreign, all foreign fighters in Peshmerga (You're ofc kurdish but militia) are allowed to buy their own rifles since the Peshmerga will not stock them (Low equipment stock..) hence custom weapons does exist in the Peshmerga often.

- From a Kurd :)

Edited by Alwandy

I'm fairly confident the dust cover/carry handle setup is something similar to this. Very likely an

airsoft part.

Why somebody would want that is beyond me, iron sights are still usable but it seems very counter-ergonomic.

I feel like we are all doing this man a disservice by ignoring his wonderfully groomed and gelled hair. Seriously, that guys hair would make any high schooler wet themselves with jealousy

I feel like we are all doing this man a disservice by ignoring his wonderfully groomed and gelled hair. Seriously, that guys hair would make any high schooler wet themselves with jealousy

I would rock that guys socks. No homo.You know what? Screw that, super homo.