Sign in to follow this  
Fred_the_Destroyer

"Fury" - Movie Trailer and Discussion

Not an extremely original movie premise, but the interesting part is the production itself.

One of the last Fully Operational Tiger tanks (Mark V) in existence is being used in the film.

This is the first time that an actual tiger has been used in a contemporary war film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fury_(2014_film)

That alone is worth the price of admission to me.

Edited by Fred_the_Destroyer

Potential for awesomeness exists. Probability of disappointment is higher.

Edited by Bodei

To me what will make or break the movie is the authenticity of the tanks. No Band of Brothers T-34 chassis with a derp Tiger I superstructure.

JB, you're thinking of Saving Private Ryan.

Let's wait and see what this one does.

JB, you're thinking of Saving Private Ryan.

Let's wait and see what this one does.

The tanks from Saving Private Ryans was reused in Band of Brothers. Specifically episode 8 where the British sherman gets ambushed by the Tiger in Holland.

I sense a serious case of plot armour. Saying that, I am looking forward to it. Never seen a good tank crew movie.

At point blank range, I'd place odds on it shooting THROUGH the tank without slowing down.

The most common shell for German tanks was the PZG39 an APCBCHET shell, they would explode inside a tank after it pierced through the armour.

Let's be realistic here, it's Brad Pitt: shells bounce because of his amazing hair.

On another note, I think Max is getting a hard on.

Those tank interiors look awful spacious. Though I'm still somewhat excited for it. Should be cool.

Those tank interiors look awful spacious. Though I'm still somewhat excited for it. Should be cool.

Have to have room for the camera. to be honest though, from what I hear you could pretty much stand up in the M60 series.

The Sherman in this movie looks to be a "Jumbo" late-series Sherman, so it would have a lot of room, especially since most men (Especially tank crewmen) at that time were around 5'8' - 5'11".

500px-M4A4_cutaway.svg.png

Seems more like M4A3E8 aka "Easy Eight", but either way, they're both the same size. AFAIK, there weren't many Jumbos rolling around.

Seems more like M4A3E8 aka "Easy Eight", but either way, they're both the same size. AFAIK, there weren't many Jumbos rolling around.

I was talking more about the developments on the Jumbo series aka HVSS suspension series.

I sense a serious case of plot armour. Saying that, I am looking forward to it. Never seen a good tank crew movie.

Did you see this movie :Wikipedia Link: ? Trailer:

I hope this Brad Pitt movie does not end like every other action film and leave realism completely outside...

Edited by znoop

Trailer is a bit of a lackluster and Shia LaBeouf is on the movie. I can't say I'm excited about it.

It's a damn shame since there are not that many tank movies.

I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. It turned out to be more than just an action movie. To me it was a movie with some interesting characters that just so happens to be a tank crew. Yes, there are some clichés regarding the characters (Bible, the new guy, Gordo etc), but it never became cringe worthy or immersion breaking. In fact I kind of liked the slight overplaying by them all especially in regards to their rampart PTSD and how detached they eventually became to the world outside of the armour. Some nice visuals also helped bring along the horrors of war, though I would have loved to see some more tank battles and some clever use of tactics.   

Edited by J.B.