Sign in to follow this  
TripShot

"Dedication"

What are you dedicated to? Besides UO (or UO). Is it high school sports, college education, moving out of your parent's basements, whatever it is. 

Personally I like to think I am dedicated to UO in a way, I have at least 10 pages bookmarked, everything from game/forum SOP's and charter, ban formatting, flight formations for UOAF, and notes from training courses. I mean, who doesn't right? Right? 

Besides UO I spend a lot of time working with another community that I play DayZ with. Granted that community is in a downwards spiral of horrible leadership, and overall douchey people, but I am trying to help them out to get back to what they once were. It's a long and boring story.

So that's really it as far as my "gaming/online" life. IRL I work for a church (yes I know). I help maintain their website, as well as run the audio/visual board for the services. It doesn't pay well, but it gives me something to do, and I'm good friends with a lot of the youth there so we like to hang out. Besides that I have a brother with aspergers so it is interesting living with him. I love him to death, he's funny, EXTREMELY smart, but he doesn't pick up social cues so it's a bit aggravating to talk to him when I am tired, but I love him nonetheless.

And the last thing, and probably my favorite: Piano. I have been playing the piano for as long as I can remember. It is really the only thing that I am naturally good at. One of my favorite things to do is listen to a song, get it stuck in my head, and then I could sit at my keyboard (or the piano when no one else is home) and just figure it out. It is just a lot of fun for me to turn something in my head into a real, enjoyable sound. We don't really know where I picked up piano as I never had any lessons, I guess it's just because we've always had one in the house. But piano really is my favorite thing in the world, and I can not imagine not having, at the very least a midi keyboard, around.

So that's all I could think of at 2 A.M. local, so what about you guys; what do y'all like to do!    

Are you implying that I leave my chair in my basement?

Heh, but really:

I have been playing WoW on and off since 2006, which holds a lot of nostalgia. I have also been into aviation since the first time I rode an airplane and have been playing Flight Simulator since FS2002. So much lag on our family computer but in 2007 I inherited my grandfather's desktop which was a little bit better (had to place a graphics card in the damn thing). That was when I really got into computer gaming.

Like every kid at that time Xbox was huge and the 360 had come out so yeah I was a cod kiddie up until 6th or 7th grade when I obtained my first gaming laptop (lol, so fucking bulky). Then I got a job when I turned 14 and saved up and built the computer I am using now but many upgrades later. I still have that job today (UPS Store).

Other than gaming I do recreational Ultimate Frisbee and go to school (I'll be a senior this fall).

I really don't have an interesting life lol.

I live for UO. It's the reason I get up in the afternoon and the reason I don't go to bed until the morning. UO IS LIFE!

I'm always listening to sermons/homilies when I have time;

I listen 2 hours of a philosophy course every week;

That's about it.

Oh, and I have 6 EVE accounts and I'm also pretty good with FPSs.

Edited by W-Cephei

My wife and I celebrated one year since our wedding ceremony last night. I'd consider that a pretty dedicated part of my life.

But generally I'm a pretty boring person, I'm pretty dedicated to filling up my steam library with games I never play, 165 so far. 

I've also been in school for like a billion years. I'm pretty dedicated to changing my mind and not getting a degree in anything.

Though I'm not a rabid fan like many of the younger watchers, I do watch a lot of RT/AH content, and have watched RvB since its inception. Screw traditional entertainment via cable TV.

Edited by Forgle

Since I was a kid, I've been involved in aviation, so hence the passion for it. My hobbies are photography, paragliding (getting back into it), flying wherever I can and basically anything aviation. I guess UO too. Source of money is a job in security (not too bad I guess).

In my spare time, I'm either here or on flightsims (going 9 years now, since FS2002..khm..Gabee..khm..).

When I'm out, I try to combine my hobbies as much as I can.

946331_4481786061965_1723608247_n.jpg

1001194_4364719695379_309414757_n.jpg

390007_4256516590369_927310055_n.jpg

1001622_4255287199635_296354624_n.jpg

9349_4256490429715_1550895096_n.jpg

599388_2980577092679_889993476_n.jpg

Edited by Slider

I go outside and go camping a lot.  I find those things like building things out of rope and sticks and eating what you catch very fulfilling.  I'm hoping to join the military out of college though I am torn between either Infantry in the Army or MC or being a part of CSAR with the Air Force.  Currently I study at a vocational school to be a drafter.  It kinda sucks but I guess it's a good thing to do.  Really it's all just for college.

Ever since I bought my motorcycle last year, I have been driving it like crazy (in the few months that it doesn't snow). I like going to meetups  and riding with others.

This is the biked stored for winter in the laundry room :sad:

DNczlaJ.jpg

Thankfully its been nice the past few days so I was able to take it out!

HIvs8xb.jpg

rJN4qhr.jpg

There was a professional photographer in the Ride for Dad event last year and he took this picture!

HnMYxNj.jpg

I also like flying! This is mini Mixtrate Flying a Cessna a long time ago.

ZkjVbIM.jpg

I was really lucky to start my Private Pilot Training last year, which I'm hoping I can finish this year to move on to Commercial and maybe one day Airline.

RkAkPcJ.jpg

I also love electronic and software.

ytoajRk.jpg

I also love volunteering. I teach exam prep session at the university that I attend. I’m also going on the trip to Guatemala. Here is Professor Mixtrate (standing on the left) teaching a class on C++.

KK5PruV.jpg

Soccer.

Whether it's coaching, refereeing, or playing, I am pretty much married to soccer at this point. I've been playing since I was a wee little 4 year old, and have only missed two seasons (one for an injury, the other for monetary reasons (the team that I wanted to play for, and had offered me a place on their team, cost somewhere in the thousands of dollars for a season. It was a pretty well known club in the area, and often goes to college combines and gets scouted for talent by colleges/next level up clubs. I didn't have the money for it, so I ended up not playing that season at all)). I helped coach at my old high school for the varsity team in the Fall, and now am asst. coach for a local U19 mens team, and a U16 recreational team that I got stuck with. On top of that, I mention this almost all the time, but I referee games for my state, regional matches, and in a few weeks I'm assigned to some national youth club matches. When I say youth, I'm talking under the age of 20 years old. Is a blast.

Beyond that, I'm dedicated to my career choice and getting the education I need to pop into it (sports kinesiotherapy/athletic training).

I also found out that I really like first aid, which is good, because that goes pretty well with what I want to do in the future. I'm thinking about taking classes to become certified as an EMT as 1. a fallback job, and 2. a job to pay for schooling. It also helps to beef up my resume when I do apply to transfer colleges, and some day when I apply for a job.

I only work here.

This stupid block has consumed 27 hours of my life and counting.

IEkUBkX.png

Edited by Seabass

College.

I'm pretty dedicated to my job [Head Minion Supervisor at a walmart]

I'm pretty big into league of legends.

Music used to be my main thing, but I intermingled a girlfriend into music and when one went south, so did the other. 

I forgot to mention, "dedicated" might not be the best word for it but certainly when I'm traveling I fancy myself an amature photographer. My dad was a photojournalist for the stars and stripes in Vietnam, and it caused me to hold photography as a hobby.

VultureBirdPark.png

BliosOverView.png

DSC_0092.jpg

Cheverny1.png

DSC_0465.JPG

ChambordSpire.png

Also travelling.