Is there a chance that Taviana would be added to UOMaps one day?

I really love this map and would love to make some missions on it.

Not unless you are willing to fund a better set of servers. Which might be possible if every single person in UO donated frequently. (Not at all saying the servers are bad/faulty, just saying we do not have the space/capability without major sacrifices.)

Even then, probably not, because there is a long list of maps that people would love to have instead.

Well anyway there isn't that much maps for ArmA 2. I'd say there are about 15 to 20 I guess. It's not like we are playing on Source Engine.

Well anyway there isn't that much maps for ArmA 2. I'd say there are about 15 to 20 I guess. It's not like we are playing on Source Engine.

There are more than you would think.

alot are ports from OFP and a2 and alot really are just not that great

My point still stands. There are higher priorities than this map. Which is not great to be completely honest.

Tavi is a very fun map. I played on it alot when DayZ Mod was still "the thing". If there was a way to fit it without disrupting everything else we have I would 100% support it. 

There is only 1GB free on the ramdisk, this map is something like 728mb adding that to the mod pack would decrees performance.

Or to quote the big guy, this will not be added to the mod pack.

There is 1GB free? That is news to me, as the volume is currently reporting 36mb free.

Thats my bad, i was sure that was what is said before.

Hello guys, this is andrei.

I have returned to UO, under a different name (Mr. Dogo the Dogster). The reason for the name change is related to a lot of hours of fun with Miles Teg in another Arma 3 mod!

Anyways, I would like to suggest that you consider adding the Taviana Map in the UO Map Pack. This map is very versatile and allows for both decent urban operations as well as countryside ones.

I would say that its the most unique Arma map made ever. What I mean by that is: there is no map such as Taviana.

This map was made for Arma 2, and got very popular due to the Origins Mod. It was recently ported to Arma 3 and, more recently upgraded with more enterable buildings.

Some interesting features this map has:

- 4 bridges

- An island (big one) with a airstrip and more buildings

- A zoo

- Underground research facilities

- Battleships

- Ship wrecks (under the sea)

- Lots of castles

Thats it. I am forward to hear your thoughs!!!

Hugs!

Andrei (dogo)

The previous discussions were about the Arma 2 version of this map. As I have stated, the Arma 3 version is majorly tweeked for performance and a bunch of the "Arma 2 Chernarus" buildings remade, with interiors and doors that open and close. A major tweek are the bridges, that now work properly.

Some examples are the firefigther and the hospital building, amongst others.

That said, given that thsi is a very unique map, I would like to see your opinions, on this updated version.

I think it would be better to have a different map, even if we were to consider removing either Aliabad Region / PR FATA , which are pretty much alike.

So, what do you guys think?

As with any new map if people are not willing to make missions for it, it's useless. We have seen that before. I would rather not remove a map people are willing to make missions on for a new map without some commitment to it.

As with any new map if people are not willing to make missions for it, it's useless. We have seen that before. I would rather not remove a map people are willing to make missions on for a new map without some commitment to it.

I do not believe anyone was discussing the removal of any maps for the A3 version of Taviana. 

Plus, if we were to really dictate what maps we should have based upon people making missions for them we'd have very few maps these days.

I think it would be better to have a different map, even if we were to consider removing either Aliabad Region / PR FATA , which are pretty much alike.

So, what do you guys think?

Sounds to me like Andrei wants to. I would rather not be removing any maps at this point yet. But that's just my opinion.

No, I just mentioned removing maps considereing the possibility of data management issues. If that would be the case, then I think it would be better to have two different maps (such as Taviana and PR Fata/Aliabad, than PR Fata and Aliabad, with are pretty much the same).

Regarding missions, I would make some, and I bet that as soon players realize the different pottential missions that this map providdes, they would start to make them.

Maybe we could give Tavi a try! Something like a trial period!

up

User received a warning point for this post.

Edited by kalohepirate
3.4 - Zero Content, Uninformative, Unhelpful, and Off Topic posting.