Sign in to follow this  
Nathan

Napf map (Discussion)

The Napf map has been in beta 2 and 3 for a while now.  After 2.5 years, the maker has released a version 1.0 stating it as a full release. The testing mod pack has had this map in it for a while and has looked alright so far.

download link:  http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136469-Napf-Island-beta

So what does this actually bring that stands out from the rest

- Two big cites, 3 airfields, a lot of medium sized towns

- Several small islands off the main land, one of them houses a big military base

- A massive Water Dam with an electrical grid emerging from there

- Diverse landscape from the flat north with agriculture and bigger towns down to the high mountains of the south

- Tested in Multiplayer without serious bugs

The map is 568.69mb for a 20.4x20.4 island.

There has been a picture provided of the entire map here:

http://angryinsects.de/napfmap/Napf_10241.png 

I know there is barley any space on the disk right now hence why i am not posting a vote or request. I am posting this just to get the name out there and up for consideration

Edited by Nathan

After looking at the map and the BI post it looks interesting,

would like to hear from tech type people though

It plays like Cherno 2.0, with some odd placement of buildings.

Seriously. Feels exactly like someone took cherno and extended it

I know I am not a regular and have no say here, but I like it. I like how the creator some way combined  Chernarus and Schwemlitz and made it his own, and I would personally like to make missions on this map. I already got a mission idea when I saw the first pictures, I'd be like to see this map in the modpack if it doesn't take too much space.

Southeastern 30% are relatively useless, the map makers seem to have run out of steam.

The rest is high quality stuff, microterrain is obviously mirroring the fact that it's a 20 by 20, but this is well mitigated in the northern 70%.

Interesting building placements (90% are enterable), distinct lack of useless stuff (radio towers everywhere, wrecks of vehicles not suitable to mission, roads running in circles or leading nowhere etc etc) and terrain pieces making for good compatibility with both CO and TVT missions.

It would be very nice to expand our portfolio, there are only so many ways to attack Novy Sobor.

It's a pretty nice map.  At the point it was on our test server the southeast was completely unfinished and mountainous, so I expect they had just polished that last part off a bit for release.

http://imgur.com/a/0MTtt#0 image gallery from when it was in the mod pack back in June/July '13.
Current space constraints laid out by Impulse in other addon threads of late mean that however nice it is, it is unlikely to be included without creating space.

Edited by ToadBall

2.5 years for a 20 x 20 KM map :o

and I was thinking about making a 40 KM map.

never again shall I think...

then again, seems like it should be given a try on the primary, we got some slick mishun makers here.

http://imgur.com/a/0MTtt#0 image gallery from when it was in the mod pack back in June/July '13.

Current space constraints laid out by Impulse in other addon threads of late mean that however nice it is, it is unlikely to be included without creating space.

Cut Podagorsk, this looks better and bigger but has much of the same terrain features.

Map is nice and all, there are some key terrain features that could make for awesome scenarios, other then that i prefer arid/desert maps to woodland and jungle so, nothing really to my interest, and if it does go ahead lets hope the missions stack up for it quickly

and Afghan village too, eventually

I think we should give it a chance. Map looks very solid and decent. I agree on the part that Chernarus is way overplayed and we could use some fresh content.

Map is nice and all, there are some key terrain features that could make for awesome scenarios, other then that i prefer arid/desert maps to woodland and jungle so, nothing really to my interest, and if it does go ahead lets hope the missions stack up for it quickly

and Afghan village too, eventually

We used to have Afghan Village in our modpack. It was taken down for some reason, I can't remember.

But my Commandos... JK

It can be ported.

Edited by Mikee

It is a very interesting map. Just looking at the pictures I see plenty of good mission ideas. I would love to see this on the server