cken1774

Need help shopping for a new mouse

Looking to replace my cyborg RAT 7, its a fantastic mouse but i'm getting incurable cursor drift which at the sensitivity i use it gets a bit ridiculous.

What i really want is some programmable keys so i can get my push to talk keys on my mouse. I've always used various saitek adjustable mice because ive got big hands and use a palm grip. i cant deal with small mice because ive broken or dislocated just about all of my fingers, would end up with my right hand becoming a claw. a secondary consideration is a mouse with adjustable weight, the rat 7 has a metal base plus a pile of weights in the back that make it a tad on the meaty side.

I'm on a budget because i'm having to reluctantly replace a few other components plus phone plus tax bill.

so far its either replace my rat 7 with another rat 7, they arent that expensive but they havent got the programmable keys that i want. the razer naga is also an option but they are on the expensive side.

if anyone has any gaming mice on the bigger side i'd welcome the input.

I'm a big fan of my Logitech G500s, 10 programmable buttons, adjustable weight and DPI, tracks nicely and not too expensive.

It has 3 thumb buttons, I have one bound for direct voice, the middle for radio and the rear to centre my TrackIR. The left/right mousewheel buttons are for switching/bringing up radios and the DPI shift buttons I use to adjust ranging

Edited by gibfender

I like my Razer Deathadder 2013 version. It's kinda simple, doesn't cost much. Has a really good performance and comes with razers cloud-based software that allows you to customize it and it's buttons in pretty much any way you like. You should check it out.

problem is there's no easy way to get hold of my tech goodies here so i have to mail order, usually from abroad, which makes returning stuff i don't like problematic.

I use a logitech G9x, while it lacks many programable buttons (only 2 thumb buttons, left + right + middle and the middle you can flick sideways for 2 more buttons) it's very nicely designed. 

It comes with 2 shells which you fit on to it, the one I use makes it nice and large so that my hand can almost lie flat in how I use it. It has a on-the-fly programmable switchable DPI which goes from 200 to ridiculous and any number in-between, the program is stored on the mouse its self so it doesn't require any extra software to use, only to program & it can store I think 10 different programs.

Sometimes I do find the lack of buttons disturbing (heh) but overall I'm very happy with it. It also has a button which lets the mousewheel spin freely which is great for all sorts of fun things.

Edit: Oh, the shell also comes off really easy which makes cleaning a synch and it can be custom-weighted.

I have the Logitech G500, and was very happy with it but recently it's left mouse button has become overly sensitive. I'd avoid the G500.

John 

Still use a MX518 coming from a MX500. I dunno about the newer G series, but the MX's have served me excellently.

newer GXXXS series are excellent.  The G602S is my endorsement.  I own the G700S, which replaced my MX518 and I like it and find it worthy, but the battery life is brutal, so get the G602S, it fixes that one flaw.

That said, the RAT is a huge mouse, only another RAT will be the same size.  The logitechs will be smaller.

I have the Logitech G700 and I love it. It has never given me any problems. It is ergonomic and sturdy with 4 programmable side keys, adjustable DPI, there is a button you can click and it will change how your mouse wheel behaves (you can scroll once fast and it keeps rolling, or the normal "click by click". Another thing is it is both wireless and wired. I can't really tell a difference in sensitivity, nor is there a delay when wireless. It also has 5 customizable profiles that you can change with the click of a button. What this does really is turn the 4, fully programmable, on the side into 20 different buttons.

10/10 would recommend! 

I've had a razer death adder for years and it has held up incredibly well. The two buttons I have are all I need to PTT and the like in TS. While the on the fly sensitivity adjustment is amazing. Like when my girlfriend comes over to play some games, simply click the plus/minus on the mouse and viola. Also can't really beat the price

I had a Razer Naga, 12 buttons on the side then 2 more on top. It comes with 3 changeable grips for the right side of your palm so you can grip the mouse the most comfortable way, and they are magnetic so they are very easy to change. I had mine for like 3-4 years before it finally cut out but I also dropped it a lot. I have also heard good things about the Logitech G600 which also has many buttons on the side. The prices are about the same. If you wonder why have this many mice I would say because if you ever hop into any MMOs in the future you will be set, and I also used it for my numpad buttons in ARMA, so I could look left about 45 degrees, then 90, then 120, both right and left. I can also use all the hand signals in-game with my thumb :D