The website is under maintenance - To keep up to date of the current status, please read more here. Normal forum functions should resume over the next few weeks.

adrenalinetooth

Mods with the MT-LB?

I can't seem to find a mod or modpack that has the MT-LB. I know that there ARE MT-LB mods out there, and I was hoping we could find one compatible with ACE. The MT-LB would fill in a nice light armor niche and I can see it being used to balance out many scenarios, especially TVT.

Edited by adrenalinetooth

MT-LB vil add nothing to the game as it stands. Its a troop taxa and arty towing victor with nothing special to it

MT-LB vil add nothing to the game as it stands. Its a troop taxa and arty towing victor with nothing special to it

Soviet tracked machinegun carrier used by the vast majority of mechanised formations.

BMP HQ is hardly an appropriate stand-in,

That still doesnt change my mind?

Every time we play with the FV432 the endless bable follows why we have it, because its only a tincan with a MG mounted, why would this change for a russian counterpart?

That still doesnt change my mind?

Every time we play with the FV432 the endless bable follows why we have it, because its only a tincan with a MG mounted, why would this change for a russian counterpart?

It does invalidate the point that an MTLB doesn't add a unique vehicle, I have not commented on your opinion. I've yet to hear the FV432 conundrum that you speak of, please substantiate.

I can agree on that if the russian modpack i revised then it could find its place there!! Without a doubt..

About the FV432 i have yet to play a mission involving this where one or more people complain about it being just a tinvan with a LMG on top, granted the M113 is similar but it does however have a .50 on top and this is usually what the complaints is about.

The MT-LB is a very versatile platform used in so many roles.

I would like to have it, maybe the RHS guys will do something for ArmA 3...

Edited by zumorc

About the FV432 i have yet to play a mission involving this where one or more people complain about it being just a tinvan with a LMG on top, granted the M113 is similar but it does however have a .50 on top and this is usually what the complaints is about.

And of those people who may complain that the FV432 is a piece of junk (i being one of them), how many would like to see it removed from the pack.

Sure it's practically useless but it serves it's purpose for British troops as would an MT-LB server for the Soviets, Iraqis, East Germans and so on. 

MT-LB variants are also used for a wide variety of purposes other than a battle taxi - ATGM carrier, Stela-10 AA launcher and a mine-clearing line charge carrier. Even then, these represent the variants which are most usable for ARMA II. 

Additionally, the Russians have a modernized version which can be fitted with a wide range of weaponry ranging from ZU cannons to BTR turrets and AGS's to even more ATGM's.

While such things obviously take a long time to make, the basic chassis of an MT-LB opens up a wide range of possibilities for modders in the future.

Add to that the fact that the MTLB has been stepped back up in production as apposed to the BTRs based on their performance in combat.

So if you want to accurately depict a near-future battlefield involving Russians, you're gonna want to use more MTLBs than BTRs.