Impulse 9

Removal of Verox

Remove Verox as a Regular?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Removal of Verox as a Regular?

• Yes
    • No

If that's really the case, do you think it is right for this supposed small group of people to do whatever they want with no regards to the rules?

Rein, I agree with you completely. But I believe in equality, it can't be applied on a case to case basis. Right now it is, which is where my no vote is coming from.

Verox is a good guy who makes some unwise decisions at times. As with most abstaining till he pipes up.

Following that logic, I assume that you don't pay attention in class when there is a person in it you don't like, cause why bother- the class already sucks because of one guy.  Why would you keep up standards in an infantry section if you think the AR is a bit of a cunt?

That doesn't even make sense. Are you drunk again?

If that's really the case, do you think it is right for this supposed small group of people to do whatever they want with no regards to the rules?

No not at all, and i do not believe it should go unpunished.

But i will not vote to remove someone before looking at the damage that could cause for the community in general.

Most likely, that's even got me beaten on a level of can you understand it and i just wrote this.

People make mistakes, shit happens. An apology is in order and a GM removal is justifiable, but a Regular removal is not necessary after the hundreds of hours Verox has put forth towards the community (not including play-time).

As with most abstaining till he pipes up.

Is he even able to post while banned? I have no idea if bans are just game/TS or forums as well.

There seems to be an assumption that if Verox were removed he would instantly stop helping with anything in the community. It was like Nou's poll were there seemed to be some fear that if he was no longer a reg our ability to use the ACRE or ACE mods would be diminished. Being a regular doesn't help or hinder his ability to code and help Impulse, and I honestly don't think he would be that vindictive.

Is he even able to post while banned? I have no idea if bans are just game/TS or forums as well.

Ban is on game server only.

Edited by Macaco

Yup, lets call people intoxicated and habitual shit talkers.  Thats the way to defend your idea. 

Thawk, you are registering a protest vote because you think the community is making a mistake with a previous poll.  I fail to see how it is a level headed examination of the facts when you pretty much stated that the result of another poll is the reason you are voting no on this one.  Please examine the facts of this particular incident and poll instead of reflexively voting. 

Ban is on game server only.

For clarification, most bans are both game server AND Teamspeak. In this case, the ban was lifted on Teamspeak as per Impulse's post on the ban thread:

Teamspeak Portion of this ban is lifted due to administrative reasons, and application development.

Game ban remains unchanged.

Thawk, you are registering a protest vote because you think the community is making a mistake with a previous poll.  I fail to see how it is a level headed examination of the facts when you pretty much stated that the result of another poll is the reason you are voting no on this one.  Please examine the facts of this particular incident and poll instead of reflexively voting. 

That's not what you originally said, you accused me of voting subjectively. However, in the case of Dylan my vote was based off objective measures (The Charter) and my vote here is based on equality, I will not advocate case by case application of charter standards.

Following that logic, I assume that you don't pay attention in class when there is a person in it you don't like, cause why bother- the class already sucks because of one guy.  Why would you keep up standards in an infantry section if you think the AR is a bit of a cunt?

For those interested, the logic works like this:

Thawk states that he does not think we should remove verox because the poll to remove another regular is failing.  I interpreted that to mean "The system is not functioning as I think it should, therefore why should this man, or any, be punished?"

Thus, why should Thawk continue to uphold the standards of an institution when Thawk does not believe that the institution or authority is correct? 

As in, why would you continue to hold high standards when you feel that there are others who are not and are tolerated by the system?

Therefore, why would any person in a group setting where they do not like all the members continue to work as hard as they can when one member of the group is not up to par. 

I applied the last statement to two examples. 

And hey! I was able to write this whole thing without implying that anyone was drunk or stupid, only that an individual might have a misinformed opinion. 

I'd vote no. He has done a lot of great things for the community that outweigh the negatives.

He shot a guy. He is serving the appropriate penalty. The system is working.

If he had a record of disruptive behavior of this scope (read: bans), then I would vote to remove him. Since there isn't the aforementioned record, I vote No.

Edited by Evan

When it rains, it pours.

You guys are worried about your image and the rules you hold yourself to and you can't even keep an argument in a post civil.

Treat each other with just an iota of respect and most of these shit-fits would be avoided.

It is okay to be passionate or even angry about a particular situation, but being uncivil or downright crude with each other is a sure road to arguments and discord.

If you care so much about your image, be professional and attack someone's argument, not the person themselves. This post is no longer about the ban/removal in question, it is a personal-political debate between two sides of a continuing argument that should be axed NOW. Aqua and Thawk, be professional, shit-fits in this forum do not help either of your cases and make you both look childish.

I would vote no again, but Verox should take this as a warning that his actions, because of his stature within the community, carry weight. If he cannot carry that burden, he should resign and/or think about his demeanor and change accordingly (at least within public space.)

While I have gone on record in the past of defending content creators, I am also not going to go around defending behavior such as this. A player who does something like this should be removed, I am voting yes.

He will, by all means still be able to create content for UO if he so chooses, and please don't take this as a slight to verox, who I respect as a person.

If new info comes to light, I'd love to change my vote, but I can't in good conscience defend this. Sorry bro.

-Is Verox a productive member to this community. YES more than most.

-Does Verox take the time to teach people while in game.  YES  seen this on multiple times.

-Did Verox break a one of the rules?  YES and receive the appropriate punishment.  No one would be removed from UO because of what he did at this point, the system is working as intended.

Currently voting NO.  He's recieved his punishment.  His past action are old and done with and bear no relevance to the current actions from Verox.  His actions that i have witnessed lately have been nothing but exactly what I would expect from a Regular, minus the ban of course.

A week or two ago, verox slotted in my PLT command group and instead of helping myself and the recce team locate enemy armor, he used the GM tools to ride corax, my 2IC, like a horse. 

I don't understand what this is supposed to mean.  How was he abusing his GM powers?  Did he spawn stuff? 

Not sure what your point is here... Kalohe could have made the exact same post in the thread you linked and it still would have been relevant. Zedic's situation and this situation are EXTREMELY similar if not the same. They both caused a friendly death and/or disruption of game play and they both received a ban in which a regular removal poll followed. Anyway, that poll failed...

Edited by Gabee

The point was a poll of this sort has happened before, it is not entirely unprecedented.

Not sure what your point here is... Kalohe could have made the exact same post in the thread you linked and it still would have been relevant. Zedic's situation and this situation are EXTREMELY similar if not the same. They both caused a friendly death and/or disruption of game play and they both received a ban in which a regular removal poll followed. Anyway, that poll failed...

Also if a non Regular did either they would have been banned, but not perm-banned as was being called for by others.  Zedic's case is a good example, we have punishments in place for the actions committed.  Let them work.

If I could vote, it would be a yes.

All of those saying that Verox does so much for the community don't realize that that is irrelevant. Let's not apply double standards now...

Most of this poll is written based on the actions and attitude as him being a GM.

Wouldn't something more appropriate be a removal of his GM? 

Voted no. 

Possibly Green, but this is a Regular removal poll, not a GM removal poll.  (which would not require a Poll I understand, since it is a delegate position under the GSO office)

I can respect the reasons for people to vote no, but for me if this was a recent event in any members record, and they were applying for Regularship, it would be enough for me to vote no in that poll.  At the end of the day the "cadre" will decide, not some specific critera.  For better or worse.

Possibly Green, but this is a Regular removal poll, not a GM removal poll.  (which would not require a Poll I understand, since it is a delegate position under the GSO office)

I can respect the reasons for people to vote no, but for me if this was a recent event in any members record, and they were applying for Regularship, it would be enough for me to vote no in that poll.  At the end of the day the "cadre" will decide, not some specific critera.  For better or worse.

I am aware. Unfortunately this is his second offence while being a GM which is unacceptable I understand that. However, I believe this was blown way out of proportion. He was banned from ArmA2 for a month and might have his GM removed (I am unsure about that.) Which may be enough. If user participates in the same actions as before then I believe that Verox should have his Regularship removed. 

Green, the issue to me is that a regular (imo) shouldn't be behaving in the fashion that people have been describing. In my opinion regulars who repeatedly disregard the charter or SOP's should be removed, and it sounds like that's what Verox has done. That said, people do make mistakes, and if Verox is willing to address these issues then I will be voting no. if on the other hand he shows no willingness to address these issues with his behavior then I think it speaks to a larger problem, and that's something that will simply lead to more trouble/bans down the line.