Impulse 9

Removal of Dylan

Remove Dylan as a Regular?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Dylan as a Regular?

• Yes
    • No

My understanding is that the video was posted in UO Regular Skype...

That's internal because, unless things have changed since my time, only Regulars are present in there?

And only regulars can vote on this, so it is relevant.

And only regulars can vote on this, so it is relevant.

Yeah I'm just pointing this out for everyone with pitchforks knocking around the word "public".

My understanding is that the video was posted in UO Regular Skype...

That's internal because, unless things have changed since my time, only Regulars are present in there?

Many things are re-posted from Regular skype and Officer skype.  This should not be any surprise to you . 

Why are you guys bringing up a video that was made in a barracks channel? It wasn't made on the UO servers and I don't see how you can bring it up. I've heard stuff in the barracks channels that I've wanted to ban people for, but because it's not my channel and it's not policed the way the server channels are I've left it alone. So how is it you can bring up a video like that? Is there a rule against uploading that video?

Well, if something is posted on a medium that only UO Regulars can see, then those Regulars redistribute the link, is it truthfully the fault of the person who put it up when he made the video for a specific audience (UO Regs) and that audience leaked it to the public?

Shouldn't we find and remove the Regulars who then distributed the link from the internal discussion to the public, and in the probably case that individuals cannot be singled out, invariably resort to removing all the Regulars who are on Skype from the community?

Is it also then a good idea to remove all the Regulars who we can find derping in the other video that Dylan put on YouTube since they are also not upholding the Charter regarding tactical play?

It is also my understanding from reading past threads regarding Dylan's YouTube videos that he is ok to post such videos, since no one really has the power to stop him, but it was requested that he does not mention United Operations in the title or description, which, if you look, appears he has done.

Also, I voted no.

Didn't we go through this already with Brent in regards to YouTube videos? Voting no.

Edited by Rein

I have to agree with the sentiment that it is a private video. As for Dylan's mental state well that is his and I am only ever interested in his public face; or perhaps we are going to become the thought police? I would also agree Dylan you're a dumb ass for creating a video bitching about things but it was made private no matter who he shared it with it wasn't made public.

The main point about the training video has be answered to my satisfaction it was a misunderstanding about the purpose of the "...and something". And I can understand that perhaps if there was a NDA it might not have been communicated adequately.

Boon the difference between Dylan voting contrary to a policy vote and you voting to remove him is that one is a disagreement the other is duck taping your opponents gob shut because they don't agree.

Finally the underlying current is Dylan bitches about people he doesn't like (or even he does like) and he is vocal about it. Perhaps he is more honest than most of us but if bitching is grounds for a removal thread perhaps I should be removed for being a serial bitch as you can see in the list below.

People I have bitched about;

Boon

Falcon

Mark Interist

Aquafresh

Kevin

Impulse

Azzwort

Dylan

Teenagers

My Mother

My Wife

My father

etc....

Point is that it is almost guaranteed that if anyone has any significant impact upon your life you're going to bitch about them at some point. Most adults tend realize this and try to rise above it. They don't start making videos nor do they try to give em the boot for bogus reasons. 

tl:dr Grow up.

lol ok bro, the numbers don't lie. Also he posted the video in public so... yeah. I made my points. Dylan is a bad regular. I said that in my first post and that is why I voted yes. You have your vote I have mine. 

You're gonna argue on a post about removing someone from Regular because of their maturity and mentality, then go off and say "lol ok bro"...?

No. It is okay to be a regular and have doubts about an aspect of UO. That's kind of the point, why we're allowed to vote yes or no. No sense in a yes/yes poll.

Edited by HellHound

Finally the underlying current is Dylan bitches about people he doesn't like (or even he does like) and he is vocal about it. Perhaps he is more honest than most of us but if bitching is grounds for a removal thread perhaps I should be removed for being a serial bitch as you can see in the list below.

We all bitch about people.  But we don't make a video as a personnal attack on anyone.  That is a big difference.

Didn't we go through this already with Brent in regards to YouTube videos? Voting no.

True, but there are differences.  Brent's videos were of him playing Battlefield, no relation to UO at all.  Dylan's are of game play on the UO servers and the use of his videos to personally attack other people. 

Well, if something is posted on a medium that only UO Regulars can see, then those Regulars redistribute the link, is it truthfully the fault of the person who put it up when he made the video for a specific audience (UO Regs) and that audience leaked it to the public?

Do you know there are non Regulars in the skype channel?  So to say it was made for a specific audience is not entirely true.  Also at what purpose did posting that video have, even to a select audience?  To shame people?  To humiliate people?  If you remember, Dylan was asking the PRO for information that they do not have or collect so he got denied.  I fail to see how making this video, posting it to ANY audience is not a violation of 1.7.  How is this video Mature?  How is this video being Respectful?  How is posting this video to any audience acting in a professional manner?

Shouldn't we find and remove the Regulars who then distributed the link from the internal discussion to the public, and in the probably case that individuals cannot be singled out, invariably resort to removing all the Regulars who are on Skype from the community?

That is your right as a Regular to do so.

Is it also then a good idea to remove all the Regulars who we can find derping in the other video that Dylan put on YouTube since they are also not upholding the Charter regarding tactical play?

Again as a Regular that is your choice.  You can post a ban or a regular removal as you see fit. 

Kalohepirate I agree with you Dylan is an idiot for doing so. My argument is that it isn't public so cannot be argued for putting UO into disrepute. I would consider it a form of cyber-bullying if a history of targeted abuse can be shown. In that case I would believe that to be something that should be looked into. I would point out the same could be said for repeated regular removal threads.

I have voted no only because I don't believe that it is warranted on the given charges. You don't convict on things they could have done but haven't be charged with. I didn't vote no because I believe that Dylan is completely innocent by the whole affair.

Quite frankly the irony of these posts is that I think they do more harm than a stupid youtube video and I wish everyone could just drop the ego and start acting more grown up. The whole damn thing could have been avoided if the OP had just asked Dylan about the nature of the said document. Instead once again we have one idiot ***-tattling to teacher rather than solving there own personal problem with someone and another idiot creating videos that weren't needed and did more to harm his case than strengthen it. I have worked with remedial children with better sense than some people in this post. 

Edited by Cunnah

True, but there are differences. Brent's videos were of him playing Battlefield, no relation to UO at all. Dylan's are of game play on the UO servers and the use of his videos to personally attack other people.

I completely understand where you're coming from. However, here are a few things that I would like to simply point out:

1. The video was obviously meant to be a satire - It exposes and mocks incidents that actually took place.

2. The video was published in a semi-public fashion with a link, which reinforces the idea that it was only meant to be shared amongst certain people.

3. As far as I am concerned, all the names cited on that video are also known for disrespectful and inflammatory behavior, and I think most community members are aware of it.

My point is that the way many things are done here are far from exemplary, and if we are to punish Dylan for what some people are considering disrespectful behavior, I think we should apply the same rhetoric to everyone else - either way is cool with me, but the hypocrisy really motivates me to speak out in order to bring some irony to the situation. Let me reemphasize that if you really want a no-bullshit-protocol, we must enforce standards across the board.

In summary, it seems to me that it's more about bruised egos than an actual problem of blatant disrespect if you are to consider the overall context that takes place at UO both at operational and inter-personal levels.

Edited by Rein

I feel like if there are Non-Regs on the UO Regular Skype, that is an oversight that should be rectified.

I don't think its called UO Regular for nothing. There's a General chat for the public.

Can you get off the Skype thing. Skype is an unofficial means we use. There is no rules for it and we have no Skype SOPs. If you post something in Skype you better be prepared to treat it as public. We have no rules governing Skype and we will not be making any.

Can you get off the Skype thing. Skype is an unofficial means we use. There is no rules for it and we have no Skype SOPs. If you post something in Skype you better be prepared to treat it as public. We have no rules governing Skype and we will not be making any.

Then we should start making some SOPs for it because it keeps making problems that we don't need. Either that or we get rid of it. I vote for the latter. 

Then we should start making some SOPs for it because it keeps making problems that we don't need. Either that or we get rid of it. I vote for the latter. 

We don't need to do anything, nor will we. Good luck enforcing SOPs on a third party program. Be realistic. What are you going to do, pass an SOP saying we can't have reg chat? Than come to my house and make me close it down? 

There was an attempt to enforce SOP's on BrentP over YouTube, a third party service.

Edited by Fighter

There was an attempt to enforce SOP's on BrentP over YouTube, a third party service.

And it was quickly struck down...

True, but there are differences.  Brent's videos were of him playing Battlefield, no relation to UO at all. 

In case you forgot.

We don't need to do anything, nor will we. Good luck enforcing SOPs on a third party program. Be realistic. What are you going to do, pass an SOP saying we can't have reg chat? Than come to my house and make me close it down? 

Is this not a double standard? We're enforcing shit that happened on Skype and on youtube.

In case you forgot.

Right, but you are missing the point where YouTube is a 3rd party service, not under SOPs or rules in UO. You aren't the USA, you can't police the world (metaphor, in case you missed it: you can't police the whole internet).

The fact that BrentP's videos weren't from Arma 2 UO gameplay is, from my understanding, secondary to this fact.

Also, what Huska said.

Is this not a double standard? We're enforcing shit that happened on Skype and on youtube.

I am not enforcing anything so yeah... this is a poll, I did not mention you tube nor skype in my reasons for voting yes. Keep reaching though.