The website is under maintenance - To keep up to date of the current status, please read more here. Normal forum functions should resume over the next few weeks.

Marvin

UO Star Citizen Organization

Would be nice, I would be in even if there ain't much to0 do yet or even in 3.3 but just being together there cruising some missions would be nice.

Well, we can always ask VPope to spawn his big boat and watch other people steal and fly away with it ^^

From The recent CitizenCon

For those of you that are interested these are the edited down neat versions rather than the cringe inducing live streams, although this one was much better than the others have been.

Good solid progress starting to look much more impressive. Nice to see that they have been iterating on systems that have caused so many issues in the past.

Also everyone now has access to 3.3.0 on the PTU I encourage you to try it.

Keynote with 40~ mins of gameplay from 3.3-4 

New Drake Carrier

New Dropship

Very interesting one about the roadmap and progress thus far

Ship pipeline improvements

Ship design system

New flight model (now includes drag and lift in atmosphere 

Some truly amazing work on cloth simulation the physics teams in Germany have been working on,. Some damned impressive real time stuff here.

Only just now saw this post, gonna take a good look when I'm back home (Saw the stream but want to re-watch)

However, I'm posting here because I remember seeing a video from out good old friend DevilDogGamer. In that video you can see a new game mechanic where your character's face will act according to how your face is, with the use of a webcam.

The free week was enjoyable.   I experienced lots of crashes and there were bugs almost everywhere.   The best parts of this game are astounding. Immersive.   I spent way too much time during the event at my computer.  Met some great people and traveled about with them on some very interesting ships.  Multi-crew truly exists now.

I still haven't paid any money, but I'm getting the feeling that Star Citizen may be viable one day.   Perhaps in a few years, or a decade from now, I will buy a very small ship, get an apartment at Loreville, and play this game daily.

Edited by Jimbo

I still haven't paid any money, but I'm getting the feeling that Star Citizen may be viable one day. Perhaps in a few years, or a decade from now, I will buy a very small ship, get an apartment at Loreville, and play this game daily.

JP6QpF9bm0

I've been keeping an eye on this game. It takes self control to not let your idea of what a game will be overshadow what a game truly is currently. What Jimbo said is essentially what's on my mind. I will be invested in this game some day, hopefully sooner than later. Edited by Gabe

Ah yes, its time for the biannual Star Citizen update.

As someone who follows this games development quite closely and enjoys watching paint dry in my spare time i will summarise its current state:

Pro- More to do and you can be a woman (at last)

16n5dxq.png

Con- still not done yet

Result: Come back at the end of the year when the blessed Carrack is finished and in the live build/next year, there might be a beta!