Impulse 9

Teamspeak - Permission Groups - User Tags - Security Level

With the addition of the upcoming donation system, and Teamspeak changes for permission groups over the next few weeks some changes will be noticed in Teamspeak and the forums.

All members whom have ever used the Authentication system in the past, or in the future have been added to the - "Registered - Member" group on Teamspeak.
The "Registered - Member" group is a very basic group that allows all members in it to receive course tags and to join most channels.
The "Registered - Member" group will be a required group to join game server channels, in roughly 1 month.
As an added benefit, any user whom is in the "Registered - Member" group is no longer required to use "Push to Talk".

Again, to gain this tag on your account, simply run the Authentication link at the top of the forums and registered your account.
Any time that you have received a new UOTC Course Tag, or Any account updates, rerun the Authentication process, and this will "SAVE" your tags, to your forum account.
Should you ever lose Teamspeak credentials, or need to reformat, or re-install, you may use this Authentication system to "RESTORE" any "SAVED" tags on your account to your new Teamspeak installation.

Why do "Registered - Members" have an "UO" Icon next to their name?
Simply, to raise awareness of the upcoming requirement to be in this group for basic gameserver channel access (apx Mid-Febuary/March)
It is an added benefit, for ANYONE whom has ever taken a UOTC course, to run the authentication process to save your courses so you no longer need to ask an instructor or officer to give back the tags for classes that you have taken in the past.

Many users have indicated that they do not think it is fair that members have these icons next to their name.
I would contest that ANYONE whom has registered on the website, and taken any number of courses should have this level of recognition to their account. 
This is not a paid feature, and is available to anyone whom wishes to participate in this community.
This feature is to better serve the community and get a judge of those whom choose to take an active roll on the server and forums, in addition to helping the administration judge participation and future features.

EDIT - In an Effort to cut down on spam accounts we have increased the default security level to connect to teamspeak from 8 to 25.
This will take an additional minute of your time, at one time only per teamspeak identity that you run.  Once you have upgraded the security of your teamspeak account it will no longer need to be ran.

CLICK HERE FOR AUTH

Not having to use Push-to-Talk is indeed nice but god it's sure annoying to listen to hot mics.

I have to agree with Clark on this one, not useing Push to talk is nice but we would definitely need to buckle down and maybe even have a zero tolerance policy for hot micing.

Ask the people to fix their push to talk issues, as this has been a setting that has been in place for the last year already.
If they are unable to resolve hot-micing, then report them  so that the problem will be resolved in an assisted fashion.

Maintenance finished, Auth is available for registrations again.

and where would that be?

and where would that be?

In the navbar, to the right of Arma 2 / Arma 3 / Streams. Or here's a link: http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php?app=uouas

Also, Impulse, if PTT is not required anymore for registered members, then who are we limiting it to? Unregistered members would be the only people for which it's required, and soon they won't be able to join the game server TS channels, so in theory we're only requiring PTT on the people who either are stuck in the entry channel (which is moderated anyways) or who are friends who aren't apart of UO but are using the TS barracks channels. Either way I think that the PTT requirement should either be placed back on registered users or no users at all.

The Push to Talk settings have been like this for over the last year.  I have not heard any complaints about this feature up until now.

If this becomes an issue, then yes it can be addressed either on an individual level or in a group issue if the problem is affecting a mass of the user's experience.

The Push to Talk settings have been like this for over the last year.  I have not heard any complaints about this feature up until now.

If this becomes an issue, then yes it can be addressed either on an individual level or in a group issue if the problem is affecting a mass of the user's experience.

Is there a way to force PTT in only one channel, for instance, the Arma 2 primary channel? If it were possible to force PTT in the game channels and allow voice activation in the barracks, that would be ideal.

(To Impulse)

I would like to contest that you have a forced push to talk on the game server.

Personally I use voice activation to automate my gameplay by removing a function that adds to the button pressing load so I do not have to worry about shouting contact reports out.

I have had this voice activation for a long time now and the sudden change has for no better words (fucked me over).

With any mercy would you please revoke this forced push to talk. Please. Revert it to optional. There is no epidemic of hot mic'ing and it does not have anything to do with voice activation unless you are using a new version of teamspeak.

Your peer group seems to be implying otherwise.   But as stated previously, if there are problems with users whom have registered, and are opting to use voice activation causing problems they can be dealt with on a case by case problem up until it becomes too much of an issue in the game server channels.

One question - as far as I understand it's now a requirement to use the same nickname both in TeamSpeak and in forum. I always thought that in-game (ARMA 2/3 profile) name and TeamSpeak nickname must be the same. I have used different  ARMA profile name and TeamSpeak nickname up to this moment: lester and I participated in several UO courses under this name. Do I have to use forum name in all cases (actually I've already connected to TeamSpeak with my forum name as per instructions in TeamSpeak Auth module) or it's possible to use at least previous ARMA profile name?

Btw, is that OK that SquadXML Auth module is inaccessible for me?

Edited by Vladimir

One question - as far as I understand it's now a requirement to use the same nickname both in TeamSpeak and in forum. I always thought that in-game (ARMA 2/3 profile) name and TeamSpeak nickname must be the same. I have used different  ARMA profile name and TeamSpeak nickname up to this moment: lester and I participated in several UO courses under this name. Do I have to use forum name in all cases (actually I've already connected to TeamSpeak with my forum name as per instructions in TeamSpeak Auth module) or it's possible to use at least previous ARMA profile name?

"With the addition of the upcoming donation system, and Teamspeak changes for permission groups over the next few weeks some changes will be noticed in Teamspeak and the forums.

All members whom have ever used the Authentication system in the past, or in the future have been added to the - "Registered - Member" group on Teamspeak.

The "Registered - Member" group is a very basic group that allows all members in it to receive course tags and to join most channels.

The "Registered - Member" group will be a required group to join game server channels, in roughly 1 month.

As an added benefit, any user whom is in the "Registered - Member" group is no longer required to use "Push to Talk".

Again, to gain this tag on your account, simply run the Authentication link at the top of the forums and registered your account.

Any time that you have received a new UOTC Course Tag, or Any account updates, rerun the Authentication process, and this will "SAVE" your tags, to your forum account.

Should you ever lose Teamspeak credentials, or need to reformat, or re-install, you may use this Authentication system to "RESTORE" any "SAVED" tags on your account to your new Teamspeak installation."

"Please note that only Regulars and Donating Members have access to this system."

Edited by tomms123

Once you've Authed you don't need to keep the same name in Teamspeak, it can be whatever you like (although normal rules apply.) 

SquadXML module is for Regulars only, I believe Donating Members will have access to certain XMLs eventually, but that's up to Impulse.

"Please note that only Regulars and Donating Members have access to this system."

SquadXML module is for Regulars only, I believe Donating Members will have access to certain XMLs eventually, but that's up to Impulse.

tomms123, Verox

I'm sorry - my bad. I missed that from corresponding message.

Once you've Authed you don't need to keep the same name in Teamspeak, it can be whatever you like (although normal rules apply.)

Verox,

Thank you, it's clear now.

In regards to donating members not getting access to Squad XML and BEC modules:

Aware of the issue, currently options for resolving are limited, I will be creating a solution when I get some time next week.

I am registered, but I lost my registered status and my Familiarization Course thing.  My name is Jack on Arma.  I'm guessing I'll just have to make a new account for this to work correctly, since I was not the first person to register with the name Jack?