Haribo

UOTC: New Feedback Thread

Name: TuffShitSki

UOTC Course: UOTC Fireteam Practical One

Time/Date: 24th Jan, 2015. 1900z

Instructor: Mixtrate

Feedback: Thanks Mixtrate, Jimbo, Enex for the course and all who were there. It was a great course and had a fun time, everyone is serious and into the training.

Looking forward to attending Session 2 and 3, hoping to learn radio procedures and navigation as FTL. Will definitely come back to the same course for more practices. Keep it up all and see you in the next run.

Name: Madplan

Instructor: Mixtrate, Jimbo, Enex, JB (sorry if missed any)

Feedback: Very good course, I learned allot from it. Was great fun, instructors were very helpful and explained everything flawlessly. Thanks to the instructors, special thanks to Enex who was in charge of Charlie, and Kail, lester, Broadkiller for being an amazing team to train and learn from.

Will do my best to attend session 2 and 3.

Name: Vladimir / lester

Instructor: Mixtrate, Jimbo, Enex, JB

Feedback: The only thing I'd like to add to what guys above said about FTP is that it's really important for ones who, like myself, experience language barrier problem - as it formalizes communication between fireteam members.

P.S. It was really nice to hear Jimbo and Enex voices during FTP again - now in ArmA 3. I do remember how much time and efforts you guys put into these courses in 2014.

Edited by Vladimir

Name: Madplan

UOTC Course: UOTC Radio Telephone Operator Course

Time/Date: 2nd February, 2015. 1900z

Instructor: JB, Slider and Jimbo helping out (sorry if missed any)

Feedback:  Really great course, I like the decision of skipping learning the radio functions and get down to business right away. Examples were great and made really easy to understand what was asked of us in each situation. Also I loved having us in small different teams and allowing us to drive to the locations, do whatever was needed from us, and in Fire support ones actually seeing the result of our request was awesome. All in all awesome course. Thanks to JB and everyone who helped him, also thanks to musp3r and Fonzie, you were great team mates

Name: Poi

UOTC Course: UOTC: Radio Telephone Operator Course [2015-02-11] 0700Z

Time/Date: 2015-02-11 0700Z

Instructor: J.B

Feedback: Excellent course for learning proper radio etiquette. I found my self in a very uncomfortable position which made me learn more and trying hard to push my self in the practice segment. Also thanks to Jimbo for helping out with some of the stations. Looking forward to using my newly found skills as a RTO in a big event. Thanks J.B!

Name: TuffShitSki

UOTC Course: UOTC Radio Telephone Operator Course

Time/Date: 12th February, 2015. 1900z

Instructor: JB and Slider, Jimbo, Enex helping out

Feedback: The lecture was good, explained key concepts e.g. the net that helps understanding the logic when to use prowords 'wait' and 'break'. Action Card is fantastic, provide templates to different reports. Suggestion on practical session, it could focus more on practice giving the reports instead of being interactive.

e.g.

- Practice each report together - instructor can correct mistakes on the spot; students can listen and learn from mistakes/good examples

- 1 location instead of 6 - cut down on driving, navigation time, avoid crashing etc. Will leave more time to practice each report more than once

- Consider using voice instead of radio - less distraction, clearer dialogs

All in all, fantastic course, had a lot of fun and learn a lot. Once again, thank you for your time in putting the course together.

PS. Still don't understand how the littlebird crashed into our humvee. Returned from AFK looked at the screen saw broken windows, smoke everywhere inside the vehicle, it felt like my character just regain consciousness from a car accident......faan I thought you were OK driver, guess I was wrong!

Name: lester

UOTC Course: Land Navigation Course

Date/Time: March 1st, 2015. 1900z

Instructor: zumorc

Feedback: Great course, a lot of useful information: how to know your (or your target) location having only map and compass, how to measure travelled distance to the check point, how to plan safe and fast route on rugged terrain as an example.

zumorc - I'm really sorry that I suddenly disconnected at the end of the course - as I was informed later I lost connection because of technical problems on my ISP side. Thanks for your time. I'll definitly attend next availble Land Navigation Course and finish excercise.

P.S. It would be very helpful to have document / slides / cheat sheet of course materials in order to be able to refresh them in memory.

Edited by Vladimir

Name: Vinicius

UOTC Course: UOTC: Fireteam Practical One Session [14 Mar 2015] 1800z

Time/Date: 2015-03-14 1800Z

Instructor: Jimbo/Mixtrate

Feedback: Perfect course that serves as fireteam drills and general practice.
Both instructors were dedicated and concise, everything taught was verified by them in order to make sure the students understand.
This was the best fireteam operations course I've had in UO (joined JAN/2012).

Edited by Vinicius

Name: F.Ansani

UOTC Course: UOTC: Fireteam Practical One Session [15 Mar 2015] 1800z

Time/Date: 2015-03-15 1800Z

Instructor: Mixtrate/enex/Bodei

Learned a lot by doing the thing.

I had watched a lot of UOTC videos, including the ones that were required to, but nothing compared to being part of a training session.

Looking forward to attend more UOTC sessions and progress trough the leadership process.

My greetings to the instructors for teaching us.

Name : Davanseth

UOTC Course: UOTC: Fireteam Practical One Session [15 Mar 2015] 1800z

Time/Date: 2015-03-15 1800Z

Instructor: Mixtrate/enex/Bodei

First, sorry for the delay with my pw6 and ACRE2 problems. You guys were very nice about those.

Being part of the training finally was very cool, and Im glad I was in.

Looking forward for the next sessions.

Name: tvamvarg[TV]

Course: OUTC FTP1

Time/date: 29 March 2015 2000z

instructor: Jimbo

Very good course to take repeatedly. I'd say that by having 75% of OU attend this course from time to time, OU will be on a very high standard when it comes to fireteam interaction.

One thing that was mentioned a few times but not practiced was contact reports over shortrange radio. I miss those a lot during play, and I think the session's credo of practicing before teaching should incorporate that, too, to the benefit of OU. If there's one thing you want everyone to hear, it's a contact report, so make it over radio!

Thanks to Dan-Gunny, Lexi and n2-1 (and Bodei filling in) for teaming up in Bravo with me, I had a great time!

Name: Bodei

UOTC Course: Squad Leaders Course

Time/Date: 2000z/25 May 2015

Instructor: Max

Feedback: This course was extremely well-structured. It dove-tailed in nicely with all of the fireteam level classes that we have been doing in the past year. As squad leader I felt challenged, but thanks to the FTP classes, not overwhelmed. Would recommend that at least one FTL/FTP class be taken before slotting as FTL or Squad Leader. Other roles should just know SOPs for fireteam formations and calling contacts. Well done, bravo to all instructors!

Edited by Bodei