Haribo

UOTC: New Feedback Thread

UOTC Course: UOTC Fireteam Practical One

Time/Date: February, 18th, 2014 @ 1900z

Instructor: Cunnah / Jimbo / Enex / Bodie /

First practice as a UO member, definitely alot of information to take in. I was very confused with the order of the fireteam members in various formations, as it seemed like the ingame signs that showed the position of each member was not the same as the one displayed in the document (UOTC Handbook page 4) listed in the prerequisites 

Edited by Kaze

UOTC Course: UOTC Fireteam Practical three

Time/Date: February, 20th, 2014 @ 2100z

Instructor: Jimbo

Really enjoyable couse, I was surprised how little lecture there is and how much do we
practice.It really feels like all ftps knowledge comes together at FTP3!

Course: UOTC Fireteam Practical One

Date: Feb 24th 2014, 20:00z

Instructors: Enex, Jimbo

I've not played ARMA under milsim conditions before.  Rather than just jumping onto the primary servers unprepared I was hoping this training session would quickly bring me up to speed.  I certainly learnt a lot, I've also realised just how much I don't yet know  :ohmy:.  Would recommend to any other new members.

Positives:

Able to practice the basics in conditions where mistakes are accepted and used to learn from.

Good leadership/instructors

Fun

Good participation from all involved.

Overran a little but time seemed to go v quickly.

Improvements:

Not really an improvement suggestion for the course, but as a new UO member I thought I had all the ACE/ACRE/TS settings configured correctly.  However on joining I found I had problems connecting to TS.  Didn't affect training too much (apart from the chronic feedback at the start - thanks Jimbo for helping) - I'm not sure where I can test my ACRE/TS settings in safety prior to joining the primary servers?

UOTC Course: FTP1 

Time/Date: 25 feb 2014

Instructor: Bodei

Feedback: This was my first time trying this, and i can say that is something that i will have to do again.. and again.. and again :) - its so simple, yet something if everyone did, the overall gameplay would be so much better :)

quick suggestion, when we assagined new roles, instead of spawning the crate with ammo, and having us changing weapons between us. Spawn the crate where you can interact and change your roles gear, this would make changing roles even faster :)

Name: Sproge

UOTC Course: Fireteam Practical One

Time/Date: 25th Feb, 1900z

Instructor: Jimbo, Bodie, Lord Yod

Feedback: Great practice, short and efficient. Good fun as well, learning then doing was very rewarding. I honestly can't see anything that can be improved.

Name: Adrian

Course: FT Practical TWO

Time/Date: Feb 28th, 0600Z

Instructors: Lord Yod, Jimbo, Bodei, Mixtrate

Feedback: Really good course. Meant to be practiced several times, the instructors never let this course get repetitive or boring. I've noticed great updates on the course, both info and features that helps making the course flow better and more natural.

It has ben commented during the course that perhaps it has too much info in it, and maybe they should split it into more courses. I personally disagree with that, for two reasons:

1 - I didn't feel myself overloaded with information, neither I think my attendant buddies were (please correct me if I'm wrong). The ammount of information is not that big comparing with other courses, and the way it's organized makes it pretty clear to undestand. (In fact, there are way more complex courses in the UOTC that are usually given once in a great time period, instead of being practiced constantly and repeatedly.)

2 - The course is meant to be practiced several times. Even if there's actually too much info, repeating and practicing these infos over and over again makes it way easier to understand and put them into action.

As always, I highly recommend these series of courses for everyone in UO. They are fun and can really make the difference at the Primary.

Name: BrandonMurkz

UOTC Course: N/A

More of a general UOTC feedback rather than an individual course. I feel that there isn't enough variety in the courses listed every week. For a little while now it seems to be just Fireteam Practicals (which I enjoyed a lot actually) with the exception of one or two mortar/artillery courses. I'm not certain what the reason may be, but if it's because instructors have busy schedules, etc then please just disregard my post as there's nothing that can be done about that! Anyways, I wouldn't mind participating in other courses such as Navigation, Medical, RTO or anything of the sort and it would be good to see a couple more of those through the weeks.

Again, if it's something that can't be helped due to busy schedules, etc then just disregard this post. Thank's for the time put towards reading the post.

Name: Vladimir (lester)

Course: FireTeam Practical Three - FTP3

Time/Date: 07 Mar 1900z

Instructors: Jimbo, Lord Yod

Enjoyed this session a lot! 

This course brings together all knowledge and skills gained from FTP1 and FTP2 and puts them into work on squad level. Now I have clear understanding how squad assault have to be performed and how effective fireteams are when it's executed properly.

I strongly recommend this course to anyone who have plans to take SL or FTL roles in future (and everyone else who wants to understand squad assault techniques). Will definitely attend FTP3 again!

Name: BrandonMurkz

UOTC Course: N/A

More of a general UOTC feedback rather than an individual course. I feel that there isn't enough variety in the courses listed every week. For a little while now it seems to be just Fireteam Practicals (which I enjoyed a lot actually) with the exception of one or two mortar/artillery courses. I'm not certain what the reason may be, but if it's because instructors have busy schedules, etc then please just disregard my post as there's nothing that can be done about that! Anyways, I wouldn't mind participating in other courses such as Navigation, Medical, RTO or anything of the sort and it would be good to see a couple more of those through the weeks.

Again, if it's something that can't be helped due to busy schedules, etc then just disregard this post. Thank's for the time put towards reading the post.

QTF. Unfortunately I couldn't attend the mortar/arty course due to schedules but I'd love some other courses, including famil course.

Name: Forgle

UOTC Course: Fireteam Practical Two

Time/Date: March 19th 1900z

Instructor: Lord Yod

Feedback: Another great fireteam practical in which I was able to get some more much needed time giving orders. Thank you for continuing these courses. I really feel like the information learned in FTPs are the most important things for an individual who plays at UO to understand. 

Name: Clyde

Time/Date: March 19th 2000z

Instructor: enex

Feedback: My first training course,and a great one.Provides every information needed in order to operate as part of/lead a fireteam in a entairtaining way and allows to put what has been learned into practice,a course to which everyone should attend to at least twice.

Also thanks enex,it was a blast

Name: Slider

UOTC Course: FTP 2

Time/Date: Mar 30, 2014 - 2000z

Instructor: Lord Yod (enex, Jimbo, Mixrate)

Feedback: excellent as always, had lots of fun, learned new stuff as always. It was nice to have enough people to make a squad so we can practice squad sized maneuvers.

I definitely highly recommend FTPs for everyone and anyone to take multiple times.

Edited by Slider

UOTC Course:  FTP 2

Time/Date: Apr 02, 2014 - 1900z

Instructor: Lord Yod

Feedback: Another great session, despite the few ammount of attendants, which almost resulted on the session cancellation. My special point for this session goes for the A.A.R. and Improv reports after each trainning phase. It really increases the results to point what are each buddy team or individual doing great, or need to be improved.

Apart from that, this is for all UO players in general: I'm really sad to see lots of sessions being cancelled due to the lack of attendants. FTPs are not meant to be taken only once or twice; the more and more you take it, the better you'll become at the Primary Server. Everyone is always learning something new at each session, so I leave my invite and recommendation here once more for everyone to take these series of courses. You're missing a lot of fun and knowledge for not coming. :)

UOTC Course: Squad Assaults / FTP 3

Time/Date: Apr 03, 2014 - 2100z

Instructors: Jimbo, Lord Yod, Enex, Fox D

Feedback: Amazing session. Lots of attendants, great instructors on command. At least two instructors in this course are essential, since we're dealing with two different teams. As the instructors said at the end of the course, this is a confusing course at the first time someone takes it. I felt especially lost for receiving a bunch of new information AND having to coordinate a team with the old information from previous FTPs, at the same time. It definitely got easier as we kept practicing over and over, but we all definitely need lots of sessions ahead. For that, I hope the instructors will schedule this very course again more often, as they're doing with FTP 1 and 2.

Even understanding that the course is confusing by the first try, I think there is a way to make it less confusing for first-timers.

One of the causes to bring confusion is that we have different informations to be given at the same time to two different teams. And the failure I found in the beginning of this course is that one team does not know what is going on on the other team. Team A don't know what kind of orders or instructions Team B got, and for such reason, they don't exactly know what's happenning on the field when they start receiving orders. Team A just know they're doing som moves, but they're not exactly sure why.

At some points, on the very first excercise, both instructors were dealing with only one team, leaving the other team kinda lost on what to do, or not to do.

Reading the FTP 3 requisites without an instructor by your side may also be bit confusing. Getting that new information without detailed explanation makes the prerequisits a bit hard to absorb.

At the same time, Words of Command were also instructed in the middle of the field, between battles. Getting that new information without a previous explanation also makes it a bit hard to absorb.

Then, my suggestion for change in this course would be a more detailed lecture in the very beginning of this course, which I missed completely today; we almost didn't have one.

Instructors should explain for EVERYONE what will each team will basically (not detailed as in the field) do, and why will they do it. Instructors should also give the lines of command on the initial lecture, especially the big ones, as of the Maneuver team FAL commands. Learning new lines of command in the middle of bullets makes it exceptionally hard. If you have an idea on what to do before doing it, things get a bit more clear.

And finally, when the above is done, instructors should reorganize teams (switch TL's) more often. I think everyone should have the chance to lead the team, in order to feel the experience and force themselves to put into practice what they're trainning. Re-orbating shouldn't take too much, since we've trained it a lot on FTP's 1 and 2.

Again, the course is great as it is. I'm sure everyone learnt a lot and had tons of fun. I guess it can be even more fun and effective with the suggestions up above.

Name: skalbairn

UOTC Course: UOTC Fireteam Practical two

Time/Date: 6/4/2014

Thank you to everyone willing to lead and partake in this course. It was informative, fun, interesting and practical. Your time and effort and knowledge is second to none.

I would highly recommend this course to everyone that plays on the primary. It can and will lead to a more effective, enjoyable game play.

Name: Forgle

Time/Date: 16 April 1900z

Instructor: Adrian

I want to thank Adrian for an enjoyable and challenging FTP1 experience. Everyone had a chance to lead the team and team transitions were made smoothly and quickly. I look forward to seeing more of Adrian as an instructor as he continues to hone his teaching skills. Even after taking the FTP course line up in it's entirety more than once, the most basic courses continue to be fun and informative.

Name: Forgle

UOTC Course: RTO

Time/Date: April 16 2100z

Instructor: Macaco

Thank you Macaco for an extremely informative lecture which included advice on how to perform well as an RTO. The practical section was especially enjoyable as we got to put what we learned in lecture into action. After this class I feel prepared to serve as an RTO (at least in missions without Air nets, etc) and continue to hone the skills learned from this course.

Name: NOOBGONEWILD

Time/Date: 16 April 1900z

Instructor: Adrian

My very first training session, I would like to thank all the instructors for guiding us through it, we all got to lead the team for a while which is amazing, despite some BRDMs that were spawned which made it even more fun, the experience was overall 5/5.

UOTC Course: FTP 3

Time/Date: Apr 18th, 1900z

Amazing course. Definitely the best of the three FTPs, putting all the previous knowledge into practice together. Instructors working on harmony and Attendants cooperating as one made it A LOT fun.

I recommend this course to everyone in UO. If you don't attend, you're missing a lot of fun and knowledge, seriously. Plus, I want to see everyone applying these knowledge into the Primary Server as a standard!

Epic.

Name: Marcin

UOTC Course: Armor Crew Course

Time/Date: July 1st, 2000z

Instructor: Max, Overlord

This was probably one of the most challenging things I did in ArmA. The course is extremely challenging, provides great knowledge about how crews operate, requires you to be extremely competent at doing everything a crew has to do. Although there were some time issues, I think Max has dealt exceptionally well with how the course was ran. The course definitely needs less crews. Around 2 would be perfect. My O/C - Overlord provided me with great tips on how to improve and become an even more effective team. Even though we didn't do very well I felt like I have taken a lot from this course and it has drastically improved my ability to operate not even an M1A2 but any tank or other vehicle properly. I would love to see this course held more and I'm definitely looking forward to attending it again.

Shout-out to Forgle, BlackHawk, Overlord, as well as Kail for stepping up as our driver and for bearing with me as the TC. Good fun.

Name: kalohepirate

UOTC Course: Famil course

Time/Date: Dec 7th 2014 1900z

Instructor: Zumorc, Deathstrike, Jimbo

Good lesson overall, good refresher.  Small suggestions, have weapons unloaded when they spawn to avoid ND's.  Lock the server once we were underway, we had JIPs joining maybe thinking they would be testing a mission, this will not be an issue once there is a dedicated UOTC server. 

Name: Vinicius

UOTC Course: Famil course

Time/Date: Dec 7th 2014 1900z

Instructor: Zumorc, Deathstrike, Jimbo

Good course overall. Missing explanations on how a basic squad works/organic function(grenadier + AR). On formation explanations, the plaques were good but it would be really good if we could see the formation bots from a high perspective (looking down on them). Really good idea of doing a projector-like presentation, really intuitive. One or two more medical equipment boxes would really be good for classes with more than 10 students.

Name: Mixtrate

UOTC Course: Famil Course

Time/Date: December 12th, 2014

Instructor: Zumorc / DeathStrike / Jimbo / JB

Feedback (Great!): Got some much needed tips on ARMA 3 and the new systems.

Feedback (Could Be Improved): A dedicated UOTC server will help to both lock the server once started.

Feedback (Could Be Improved):  And also to update the server on set times, so members who schedule time to attend a course can have all mods updated in time.

Edited by Mixtrate

Name: Syntax Error

UOTC Course: Fireteam Basic 1

Time/Date: 2015.01.24 1900Z

Instructor: Mixtrate

I enjoyed my first UOTC course, I think a lot of why a lot of people were able to join today was the favorable timing, if anything, most of the reason why I can't attend many UOTC courses is because they are usually held in bad times for my schedule (weekdays during work hours for PST), so Saturdays at 1900Z worked pretty well for myself.

Name: Znoop

Time/Date: 24.01.2015

Instructor: Mixtrate, Jimbo and others

Please disable the hint that pops up when zooos spawns units, so you are not warned that enemys may pop up nearby in the reaction to contact phase of the course.

Thank you for the course and your time Mixtrate, Jimbo, JB, Enex.

Name: JamaljeRBassue

Time/Date: 24 Jan 2015 1900z

Instructor: Jimbo, enex, J.B, Mixtrate et al (Forgive me, still learning names)

Feedback: Was very informative, very inviting environment by the instructors, had the opportunity to learn how to better my role in the fireteam. Hoping that my new found knowledge will provide a more coherent gameplay experience for myself and the people surrounding me. 

Thank you for the time taken out by instructors.