Sign in to follow this  
TinfoilHate

TMR Mods

The modpack has been updated to include the TMR addons, including weapon resting (autorest), bipods, and a few AT changes. The optics aren't in because they have issues with varied FOVs.

Notable changes:

Weapons will be auto-rested if there is something approximately weapon-height in front of you.  Bipods are deployed with the 'lock target' standard keybinding (Typically, Tab). The PCML is now single-shot with an overflight top-attack profile, and has an anti-personnel variant as well.  The RPG-42 now has several different ammunition types (AT, HE, smoke). There are also some minor ballistic changes. 

// Weapons //

launch_NLAW_F

TMR_launch_NLAW_MPV_F

TMR_acc_bipod

// Magazines //

RPG32_F

TMR_RPG32_TB_F

TMR_RPG32_Smoke_F

(because reasons, you'll need to add 1 of these for the NLAW, it seems)

NLAW_F

TMR_NLAW_MPV_F

Edited by TinfoilHate

I strongly support this. TMR is a wonderful mod, and its modular design means we can cut and remove content we don't approve of. Are we including the modified recoil system, or the changes to suppressors?

It's decent but a bit buggy right now, keeps deploying randomly if you're standing next to/in front of an object (fence, shipping crate etc.)

Edited by Ham

Is there any reason why the ShacTac HUD isn't in the modpack? Or the ACRE volume stuff?

The TMR weapon resting is nice but tends to rest when I don't want it to on random objects and stuff.

Edited by Dylan

Considering that resting doesn't negatively affect your mobility/weapon swing speed, that TMR occasionally "rests" your gun when you hadn't intended it to should be a non-issue.

I've talked to Tin about this, and I would consider at this time removing the TMR recoil module from the mod pack -- it overcompensates significantly for what BI has changed in recent beta updates, and as such makes recoil significantly less problematic than it should be when firing moving/fully auto.

Dylan, I believe Impulse mentioned somewhere that they will come naturally over the next week or so, staggering everything to make sure it all plays nicely with one another.

@ST_ACRE_VOLUME_A3 added

Many of the recoil options with TMR removed.

Added Inko Disposable System, with modifications to nlaw.

Tin can give more details.

I am going to avoid adding ST HUD at least until after the weekend. Past that I will have to see how it goes and how adoption of A3 is progressing.

I may reserve adding it until after a new server upgrade, but we will have to see. (this is not a debate, just statement).

I tested it and it has a very severe issue, not exactly the addon - the game itself, when you're going around 1000km/h the hard drive data streaming gets to the point of 4-5 fps.

Reduce view distance and get a fast SSD.

I'm re-working the recoil to be more intense without causing the sky-high climb and spine-breaking, hilarious shoulder hits of BI's defaults. I think people will like the new recoil. Recently, I spent quite a bit of range time on my AR (5.56) and my Dad's AR (6.5x39mm Grendel, piston gas), paying close attention to the relative muzzle climb and recoil. I'm not sure too many people playing Arma have time behind a gas piston-operated Grendel rifle, so I'm going to do my best to get the feeling through.

Optics module: Please vote for me! http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13868

Probably I will implement unanimated 2D scopes in the same style as the current animated ones, which will display under all conditions, then have the cool animated scopes with illuminated reticles available as an option, just like ACE2. The 3D 4x scopes are simply too unclear!

Keep me up to date with bugs and concerns in my bistudio forum thread!

Hey, welcome to the forums. While you're here, I discovered an easily repo'd bug with TMR's deploy system that you might be able to address.

When resting a weapon that does not have physical, or attachment, bipods, on an object, pressing the deploy key (default TAB) will cause the "resting" symbol to change and for your aim to improve even further. However, if you rapidly dump a magazine and then attempt a reload, the reload animation will loop indefinitely. Tested with the MX.

Upvoted.Thank you for your service Tao.(dedicating your time on TMR mods)

Edited by enex

Hey, welcome to the forums. While you're here, I discovered an easily repo'd bug with TMR's deploy system that you might be able to address.

When resting a weapon that does not have physical, or attachment, bipods, on an object, pressing the deploy key (default TAB) will cause the "resting" symbol to change and for your aim to improve even further. However, if you rapidly dump a magazine and then attempt a reload, the reload animation will loop indefinitely. Tested with the MX.

That's the result of an animation glitch I introduced in the first version of the so-called 'hard resting' system, added in 0.3.1. It was fixed in the latest version of TMR, 0.3.2.