Sign in to follow this  
Mastec

The Bat Caves Europa Universalis IV...OF DEATH!

The Bat Cave is embarking on a journey back in time to rewrite history and ensure the dutch never rise to power. The game will revolve around us playing as major European powers to decide the fate of the rest of the world (and the dutch). For those wanting to join this game will be invite only but you can sign up in this thread to try and get into the game, invites will be sent out on Thursday. The game will start around the 23-25 of August.

Edited by Mastec

I wish I could but I am currently wrapped in three different MP sessions with a bunch of friends.

Best of luck tho'. ;)

DEATH TO THE DUCKS.

Pending the return of my Steam account.

Note: That is the weekend of UO B-Day #3.

Edited by NoDebate

I certainly wouldn't mind.

For those interested, Spain, France and England are all the "strong juggernaut" countries. If England is taken I would recommend Scotland is, too, to keep England from just going full strength immediately. France has Burgandy/The Dutch while Castile has no real "playable" rivals. (You want to keep Portugual around, Aragon basically falls in your lap and Morroco is barely a threat.) Beyond the big three, the fatter HRE nations like Bohemia are strong choices, but will have a tough time unless they border the empire so they can expand. (There are severe aggression penalties for gobbling up your in-empire neighbors.) Italy is interesting, but the Venice trade node is a early game trap and they're easily bullied by the HRE and Austria in particular. Eastern Europe, though, becomes a crapshot when it comes to multiplayer. Prussia, Poland and Lithuania can all possibly become gods... Or... Not. Mosvoy is a fair bet, but without the ability to save scum you have to be very careful about the hordes in the early game. Beyond that, the Ottomans, Mamluks, Japan and Manchu are all solid choices, especially for multiplayer.

From experience, I would recommend someone takes Sweden and the Ottomans, which will keep things relatively balanced for multiplayer. A successful Sweden is terrifying to both England and Russia, one of the few nations that can (and should) rival them. AI Scandavia tends to become a mess. The Ottomans are, on the flipside, keep late-game Russia and the whole of the Mediterranean in check, while also providing religion tension for the early, crusade game. Neither one of them will keep France and Spain from getting crazy, but those two also keep themselves in check.

Hopefully by the 23rd the more bothersome bugs are patched out, too.

Would sign up if I had the game and had a clue on how to play, but for now I'll root for you guys to prevent this from happening ever:

drain_nl.png

In which the game largely shits on Britain and Portugual via various means and Ham hacks the game to make even more bad things to happen to Britain. (Seriously what the fuck, game.)

Only about ten years occurred due to various technical difficulties so there isn't much of a AAR this time around.

(Ottoman) I had a massive war with all my neighbours and most of russia in the one year that wasn't a regency year for me, resulted in serbia and bosnia being (mostly) annexed as well of taking the city of the world.

Recap of this weekends games.

Players

ZZEZ - Portugal
Ham - France
Lokka - Bohemia
Gamer - England
Korupt - Castille
Mark - Ottomans
Josh - Aragon
Nodebate - Tuscany
Huska - Savoy

Goosko - Sweden

Link to maps

The death of the Dutch is almost complete, they only hold two provinces and should lose them soon enough. The Iberian Peninsula has been in chaos since the start of the game. Between the muslims and Ham there has been no peace in that area. Western Europe has been pretty stable with France holding most of the lands. The HRE is steadily growing smaller with the larger nations eating the small  ones. Hungary has no standing army and has been steadily losing all of its land to Bosnia/Serbia/Austria/Poland. The Ottomans have converted to Islam and seem to be content with not expanding to the west. England had a rocky start with mass rebellions and Scotland taking a province, but they have recovered and could now threaten France if they decide to expand east. A few nations have started colonizing the Americas and teaching those savages whats up.

Edited by Mastec