Sign in to follow this  
Robijn

Payday 2

Yes I played the update 12 and was pleased with the payout changes. Also got my second mask and boy its ugly. I need to modify that one for sure.

Do you guys still play this more or less frequently?  I just got a 20 bucks discount at a local store and I might pick up this game.  Would be nice if some of you guys still play this and if you wouldn't mind if I tag along in a few online games.

Also, I am curious how it works with Steam as a requirement.  So far I have zero experience with Steam (pretty odd, right?) and I wondered if it will work out just fine playing with a hard copy.  I am guessing I just need to get Steam, make an account and then run Steam while installing the game?  I am also guessing that there will not be any problems when trying to play with people who got the Steam version of the game?

After the game is out for quite a while and you guys played it for a while, would you still recommend the game?  What I expect from this game is a nice online experience you can enjoy with a bunch of friends or other known guys, that has a lot of replay ability.

I'm having fun with some of my friends, didn't played with anyone from UO but im having lots of fun, i have 21 hours on steam and i still have fun, hope we get more jobs on updates to come.

About Steam, i never had a physical copy that needed to be activated on steam, i believe you have to install steam and activate the game through an code, like a CD-KEY then it would install the files on your copy and download the updates through steam, then you play it as any steam game. But i'm not sure.

I enjoy it immensely, though once you get past level 50 or 60 you've experienced most of the gameplay mechanics (as long as you're playing with others, or use your money to try different skill setups).

I still play infrequently, I've played with some UO people but not often. If you don't have friends to play with, it definitely is not as good (unless you want to try leading pubbies, which is awful).

I got bored after a week or so. All you do is run and gun thousands of enemies.

Nearly all of the multi-day heists have strong stealth mechanics that allow you to complete them without killing more than 4 or 5 people.

I felt the same way until we stealthed our first bank deposit job. Only two people shot were the guards. Its a rush of a different kine.

Well, just wanted to drop by again.  Actually did get my hands on a copy of the game, played it and it is pretty awesome.  As many said here before, there might be some aspects of the gameplay that are not that well done, but the overall picture is quite appealing to me.  Depending on how you play the game, it can turn out to be a very demanding, teamplay focused game.  Nothing is more fun then silently taking over banks and stores, keeping the crowd controlled while your buddy cracks the safes etc.  And all that without triggering the alarm.  And even if the alarm goes off, it requires fast reactions and a good organized team to not get caught in a huge firefight that lasts forever.

I currently have some problems with my laptop overheating, but as soon as I fixed it I will occasionally hang around in the Payday 2 TS channel.  So if anyone sees me there and is willing to play some rounds with me, hit me up!

Very subtle, I hardly notice his pistol in his boot.

Any thoughts on the new DLC?  I have yet had a chance to play it.

Come play with us before you buy it. You dont need to own it to play it, only need to own it to host and get the new goodies. It is ok, but boils down to the same objective on five "new" maps. Then there is the bonus mission you have a 20% chance of triggering.

DLC? I haven't sold enough cards to get more money yet!

Do it, do it now...maybe

Anybody in UO is still playing this game or want to play it again ? I'm very interested in playing it again but it's just not as fun with randoms :/

(Sorry for pulling this thread from the abyss of the forum)

Edited by Drekal

I have long uninstalled it.  The constant updates and worthless dlcs left a sour taste in my mouth.  But you are right, its 100% better to play with a group you know rather than randoms.

This game was so much fun back when it came out. If NoDebate comes back I will reinstall.

Well I just bought all the Heist DLC I didn't have. If anybody wants to play again, you know where to find me :D

Depending on available time, I might come by to see if anyone hangs around in the TS channel.  It's not as good as it used to be, but I still occasionally play the game once in a while.  One of the very few games I own and still have installed.  Would be nice not to play with public players for a change :)

Never actually played this in anything but pub games, got bored quickly but maybe thats why??

If I see you guys playing I might have to give it another shot

Well I've been playing it a lot since my post and most of the time sitting alone in TS, nobody ever joined me :( I like doing solo stealth but it gets boring once you've done all the stealthable heist in every difficulty :/

Add me on steam if you are still up for it.

It's Drekal