TinfoilHate

Template Platoons (A2)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/22pgssyayhmhqox/Recon_template.Chernarus.rar

I've made a Danish Army Recon Template for you guys.

It's my own platoon as pr. ISAF 2009

Please let me know if there are any problems or questions

Total assets:

6 x HMMWV GMV M2 - Replacing HMMWV "Jülkat" Custom designed for our needs. Here it is in arma http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14906

4 x MRAP - Replacing MOWAG EAGLE 4 with OHW 12.7mm, http://www.danskpanser.dk/Hjulkoretojer/EagleIV.htm

36 x DK personel divided into:

3 x 8 PAX squads

2 x command squads 6 PAX in each (4 vehicles)

1 PAX UK Bowman operator

Many will probably find the loadout a bit heavy when looking into the vehicles, but this is the way we operated.

In 3.5A vehicle there is a 60mm mortar included. (My car and my weapon)  

• 4x 100rnd box MAG 7.62

This is wrong, it needs to be 40x 100rnd box MAG 7.62

You can keep discussion here, I'll just shovel stuff into the OP at some interval or another.

I will have a new one up as soon as I solve HMG ammo issues

I'll watch for it.

Noted additional stuff.

The Heavy Company (5th Company) of the Jägerbatallion 292 in 2005 (post HS V(N)) was structured as follows:

Added this whole chunk as we have not a heck of a lot on the Germans.

Glorious YPRs updated(PaInf YPR)

Added with 40 MAG belts.

I've made a Danish Army Recon Template for you guys.

Added to OP. Edited by TinfoilHate

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zofj0nbebi22zvh/VMAdz5tHZQ

This is a DL link for an Irish Army Infantry Company, a Support Company (Heavy weapons), a Troop of Recce Cav Vehicles (30mm Cannon armed MOWAG's, displayed by LAV-25's) and a Squadron of MOWAG APCs (Strykers are used instead)

Each of the 3 Infantry platoons consists of 31 men, with 3x 9-Man Sections and a 4 Man HQ Section

The Weapons PLT is organic to the Coy and is under the Coy CO, this consists of 3x 60mm Mortars, 3x 84mm AT and 3x GPMG SF teams (GPMG Sustained Fire) plus a PLT HQ, this PLT can be used in its entirety (For example during a Coy Deliberate attack or can be broken up and assigned as individual detachments)

Coy Command Section is another 5 men. This is the Coy Commander, the Coy 2ic, the Coy SGT and 2 Radio Operators

The Support company is like a bigger version of the weapons PLT, they have 3x HMG Detachments (.5's) 3x Javelin Detachments and 3x 82mm Mortar Detachments, these are under the command of the Support Coy HQ and can be attached to units as a whole or in individual detachments.

The Support company also has a sniper section (3x 2 man teams) A Combat Pioneer PLT (Combat engineers) and other support elements (E.G The Battalions radiomen are all actually part of a Signal's PLT under the Support Coy)

Each Cavalry troop has 4 vehicles, and each Squadron contains 4 Troops (For a total of 16 Vehicles) They are a seperate unit to the infantry but are often attached to the infantry sections (The best example I can think of is like the hand off from the ground commander to a flight lead during transport)

Ive used Kamaz's instead of Scania trucks that we use and Land Rovers instead of the multitude of 4x4's we use aswel.

I havnt included any artillery from an FAR (Field Artillery Regiment) which would include 155mm Howitzers and 120mm Mortars

The Irish Air Corps also has access to AW-190 transport helicopters (Like a cross between a Merlin and Chinook, but smaller) and Eurocoptor Light Choppers, we also have Ground Attack PC-9 planes.

Updated [15 Oct 2013]

This includes one USMC rifle company. 

ORGANIZATION:

COMPANY HEADQUARTERS

WEAPONS PLATOON

RIFLE PLATOON (3)

Info gathered from:

Kit is a mix of my own touch and what real marines said they carried.

Any questions please send them to jubxxxjub on the united operations forums.

This is for use within the UO community. 

More notes:

By jubxxxjub

JIP friendly, GroupIDs done.

Modern USMC kit

Gear script has other stuff in it too.

EX: JTACs, Pilots, FOs, Force recon...

Edited by jubxxxjub

Please add the following to the list.

640px-Flag_of_North_Korea.svg.png

Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Korean People's Army

Motorized and Mechanized Infantry Companies, with appropriate attachments from BN level.

Era: 1960's - Present

From organization, to doctrine, to equipment, the KPA has changed little since the conclusion of the Korean War. Heavily influenced on Chinese TO&E. What they lack in equipment, they make up for in aggression and discipline. KPA soldiers carry only the bare essentials needed to close with and destroy opposing forces, backed by large amounts of indirect fire.

I used the RU85 models without vests, with a script by gooncorp that assigns Oriental faces to all placed units. I highly suggest you included it with any mission. Also included is a simple to use loadout. Soldiers do not carry their packs (instead they are stored in vehicles) and do not carry as much ammo as soldiers in other armies. They also lack in radios, although for gameplay purposes I included short ranges for the PL and SLs. Delete them for a more authentic experience. The loadout can also be used to easily re-enable maps (I have them off by default) for your average soldiers. Only leadership and key positions feature them at present. Platoon level weapons are AKMs, RPKs, and RPGs, with DSHKMs, ATGMs, MANPADS, and 82mm mortars in support. Officers carry only a pistol.

You also get a flag for the DPRK and the People's Republic of China for use in meeshuns.

My Principle Source: North Korea Country Handbook - Marine Corps Intelligence Activity (1997) as well as scouring various other articles and forums. I suggest using the handbook for all DPRK activities, especially tactics for missions.

Motorized Infantry Company

Company HQ: 2x Officers, 2x RTOs, 1x Sniper (CZ550 substitute for Mosin Nagant). 1 UAZ for transport.

3 x Infantry platoons (one included):

PLT HQ: 1x Officer, 1x RTO

3x 12 man squads per platoon: 1x Ural for transport each
Squad Leader (AKM w/GP-25 as substitute for rifle grenades)
RPK Gunner
Rifleman
Rifleman
Team Leader
RPK Gunner
Grenadier (RPG-7)
Rifleman (Extra rockets)
Team Leader
RPK Gunner
Grenadier (RPG-7)
Rifleman (Extra rockets)

Attachments (add and subtract as needed from the BN and higher level; this is the preferred support per company in the attack)

1x 8-man Sapper Squad. Mines & Explosives. 1x Ural for transport

2x 3-man DSHKM teams (6 total in Battalion) Shares 2x Urals for transport with Mortars. Extra Ammo included

3x 6-man 82mm Mortar teams ( 9 total in Battalion) Shares 2x Urals for transport with HMGs. Extra Ammo included

1x 8-man Medical Team (2x Medics, 6x Stretcher Bearers). *Note that this group is mostly an educated guess, although I do know that Chinese/Korean medics work in groups of two. 1x Ural for transport, equipped with medical supplies

Total personnel is 159, with 13 trucks and 1 UAZ.

Mechanized Infantry Company

Principle APCs and IFVs for the KPA are the BMP-1, BTR-60, and the VTT 323. VTT is most common, followed by BTR and then BMP. The BMP is an okay substitute for the VTT, although it is upgunned.

Company HQ: 1 x BMP/BTR
Company Commander (Mounted)
Executive Officer
2x RTOs
1 x 2-man ATGM team (Konkurs substitute for Malyutka)
1 Strela-2 gunner
Gunner and Driver for BMP/BTR

***KPA MechInf Platoons are just as large as Motorized Infantry platoons, at 38 men. Unfortunately, without the VTT 323, or the apparent ability of the North Koreans to squeeze extra men into the BTR and BMP (this should be shocking as North Korea is known for it's creature comforts), I have had to modify the platoons from their actual organization in order to fit them into the vehicles. It's not entirely practical for command and control purposes, but maintains the spirit of the platoon organization.***

3x 11 man squads per platoon: 1x BMP/BTR each

1st Squad:
Platoon Leader (Mounted)
Vehicle Gunner
Vehicle Driver
Dismount Leader
Grenadier (RPG-7)
Rifleman (Additional rockets)
Team Leader
RPK Gunner
Rifleman
Rifleman

Rifleman

2nd and 3rd Squads are identical in my TO&E, replacing a Squad Leader/ Vehicle Commander for the Platoon Leader.

Attachments (add and subtract as needed from the BN and higher level; this is the preferred support per company in the attack)

1x 8-man Sapper Squad. Mines & Explosives. 1x Ural for transport
2x 3-man DSHKM teams (6 total in Battalion) Shares 2x Urals for transport with Mortars. Extra Ammo included
3x 6-man 82mm Mortar teams ( 9 total in Battalion) Shares 2x Urals for transport with HMGs. Extra Ammo included
1x 8-man Medical Team (2x Medics, 6x Stretcher Bearers). *Note that this group is mostly an educated guess, although I do know that Chinese/Korean medics work in groups of two. 1x Ural for transport, equipped with medical supplies

Total personnel is 148, with 10 APCs/IFVs and 4 trucks.

Additional Attachments

One of these platoons per battalion

Anti-Tank Platoon (Mechanized)

3x BRDM Spandrel vehicles, 2x crew each
3x UAZ SPG-9 vehicles. IRL the recoilless gun is towed behind trucks/jeeps and is largeer than the SPG-9, but this is the best compromise available in ArmA. 2 man crew + 1 Grenadier (RPG-7) each.

For a Motorized Battalion, the Spandrels would be replaced by Crew Served ATGM launchers (x 3). The SPG-9 UAZs remain.

AAA Platoon

4x ZSU-23-4 Shilka SPAAG. Crew of 3. May also be substituted with Ural with the ZSU-23 in the bed.

Not Included: Support team (see Armor Company)

T-55 Armor Company

Company Command: 1 x T-55, Company Commander and 2 crew

3 x 3 Tank Platoons: 3 x T-55, Platoon Leader + 2, and 2 additional crews of 3

Support Element: 3 x Urals (Fuel/Ammo/Repair). Company Executive Officer and 6 maintenance technicians. Actual element much larger.

Attachments not included:

SAM Regiments. Primarily use the SA-2 and SA-3 systems, although more advanced systems do exist in country.
Artillery: See notes
Misc Personnel: The platoon and Company HQ levels are right unless indicated, but I did not include many of the non-combat personnel that could be expected due to gameplay reasons.

Notes for Indirect Fires: Everyone from the Platoon leader and up is authorized to call for indirect fires. A Regimental level attack can be expected to be supported by up to FOUR battalions of Artillery, Mortars, and Multiple Rocket Launchers, put otherwise as up to and/or over 72 tubes and systems. KPA forces are experts at calling for indirect fire, and heavy fires WILL be expected in everything from hasty attacks and defenses to deliberate assaults. The bulk of the fire would be in prepared fires before an action, although reactionary fire is fully realistic as KPA artillery expects the calls. Mission Makers, be sure to include indirect fire support for the North Koreans.

Notes for Faces: Simply execute faces.sqf for your non-jip and jip players. You could also try executing it first in the server before all that. I'm hardly an expert on scripting, but the way the download is set up works fine for testing purposes. It works as long as the KPA is OPFOR, it get's real messy if you try and switch them to Independent, so don't. It will also set ALL Opfor to the selected faces, so if you want immersion with a joint Russian op, you will have to fine tune the script.

Enemy Tactics: I suggest you skim the appropriate sections of the handbook, but in general expect company line (or larger) assaults, supported by indirect and MG fire, as well as direct fire from vehicles. If you're able to, include a whistle with your mission for max immersion. KPA would form up about 300m from contact, and then assault en masse, closing with defenders and destroying them with Rifle, Bayonet, and Hand Grenade. Platoons can theoretically swell to 70+ men for these large assaults, and C&C would be limited. Do not take that as lack of discipline however.

BONUS CHINA GLORY: This Orbat and unit type matches perfectly with Chinese forces up to approximately 1990. If you want to swap it over, use the included loadout, or swap out two RPK gunners in each Motor Rifle Squad for PKM gunners (leave one RPK) and swap the RPK gunner in Mech Infantry Squads for a PKM Gunner. Give an extra belt or two to the Team leader. Viola, you now have PLA forces from the 80s and earlier!

DOWNLOAD FOR SUPREME LEADER

Things I'd like to add but didn't have time to:
Whistle script
Olive Drab skin for BTR-60 (uses Takistani scheme at present, someone please fix)

kimJongUn_2373388b.jpg

Edited by HellHound

Please add the following to the list.

640px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of

People's Republic of China

People's Liberation Army

Motorized and Mechanized Infantry Companies, with appropriate attachments from BN level.

Era:

Category A - c. 1990-1999

Category B - 1995 - Present Day

The Chinese military divides its units into two categories, Category A and Category B. Category A covers "full-training units" with complete armaments and full establishment. They have modern armaments, and undergo full-time, high-intensity military training. Category B units are "non-full-training units" which have out-of-date armaments, are under-manned, have low budgets, receive less training, often participate in productive labor, and have to have their weapons replaced and receive basic training before they can go into battle. China's Category B units are similar to the US National Guard.

Starting in 1999, Category A units began to receive the newer QBZ-95 family of weapons (special units having received them as early as 1997) and underwent major reorganization at all levels in the very early 2000's.  As such, this TO&E becomes out of date at that time.  It is my hope to eventually add a quality, modern Category A force to the UO Modpack.  PM me if interested.

Category B units received the old equipment from the Category A units, and keep the structure of the 90's era Cat A forces to this day.

During this period, the PLA has changed little since the conclusion of the Cold War.  Some influence by the Soviets, but with a local twist that is even more unique in the present.  Generally, better equipped than the KPA (although just barely), PLA soldiers would be slightly more expeditionary in nature, and as such carry their packs with ammunition with them.  Communications can still be an issue however.

Unlike the KPA, the PLA used a camouflage pattern that is very similar to the US Woodland Pattern of the same era.  As such, I used the woodland BDU units with a script by gooncorp that assigns Oriental faces to all placed units.  I highly suggest you included it with any mission.  Fortunately, if copy and pasted directly from my provided download, BLUFOR units can be placed without issue as the PLA forces have been assigned to OPFOR via editing.  Make sure you do the same.  Also included is a simple to use loadout.  They lack in radios, although for gameplay purposes I included short ranges for the PL and SLs.  Delete them for a more authentic experience.  The loadout features maps, although there is nothing stopping you from removing them.  Platoon level weapons are AKMs, PKMs, and RPGs, with DSHKMs, ATGMs, MANPADS, and 82mm mortars in support.  Officers carry only a pistol. 

In general, the Chinese lean a little heavier on the Machine Gun and Direct fire side rather than the Indirect fire side favored by the KPA.  Note the PKMs that are distributed throughout the infantry, much more common than the RPKs.

You also get a flag for the DPRK and the People's Republic of China for use in meeshuns.

My Principle Source:  North Korea Country Handbook - Marine Corps Intelligence Activity (1997) mentions the Chinese Influence, but I have plenty of research I have accumulated in personnel notes from my efforts put into the mod.  Treat the TO&E as accurate unless stated otherwise..  I suggest using the handbook for all tactics and miscellaneous units.  I will provide additional sources if requested.

Motorized Infantry Company

Company HQ: 2x Officers, 2x RTOs, 1x Sniper (CZ550 substitute for Mosin Nagant).  1 UAZ for transport.

PLT HQ: 1x Officer, 1x RTO

3x 12 man squads per platoon: 1x Ural for transport each

Squad Leader (AKM w/GP-25 as substitute for rifle grenades)

RPK Gunner

Rifleman

Rifleman

Team Leader (extra PKM belts)

PKM Gunner

Grenadier (RPG-7)

Rifleman (Extra rockets)

PKM Gunner

Grenadier (RPG-7)

Rifleman (Extra rockets)

1x 8-man Sapper Squad.  Mines & Explosives. 1x Ural for transport

1x 8-man Medical Team (2x Medics, 6x Stretcher Bearers). *Note that this group is mostly an educated guess, although I do know that Chinese/Korean medics work in groups of two.  1x Ural for transport, equipped with medical supplies

Total personnel is 159, with 13 trucks and 1 UAZ.

Mechanized Infantry Company

Principle APCs and IFVs for the PLA are the BMP-1, BTR-60, and the YW 531YW 531 is most common, followed by BTR and then BMP.  The BMP is an okay substitute for the YW 531, although it is upgunned.

Company HQ: 1 x BMP/BTR
Company Commander (Mounted)
Executive Officer
2x RTOs
1 x 2-man ATGM team (Konkurs substitute for Malyutka)
1 Strela-2 gunner
Gunner and Driver for BMP/BTR

***PLA MechInf Platoons are just as large as Motorized Infantry platoons, at 38 men.  Unfortunately, without the YW 531, or the apparent ability of the Chinese to squeeze extra men into the BTR and BMP, I have had to modify the platoons from their actual organization in order to fit them into the vehicles.  It's not entirely practical for command and control purposes, but maintains the spirit of the platoon organization.***

3x 11 man squads per platoon: 1x BMP/BTR each

1st Squad:
Platoon/Squad Leader (Mounted)
Vehicle Gunner
Vehicle Driver
Dismount Leader
Grenadier (RPG-7)
Rifleman (Additional rockets)
PKM Gunner
Rifleman
Rifleman

Rifleman

2nd and 3rd Squads are identical in my TO&E, replacing a Squad Leader/ Vehicle Commander for the Platoon Leader.

1x 8-man Sapper Squad.  Mines & Explosives. 1x Ural for transport

1x 8-man Medical Team (2x Medics, 6x Stretcher Bearers). *Note that this group is mostly an educated guess, although I do know that Chinese/Korean medics work in groups of two.  1x Ural for transport, equipped with medical supplies

Total personnel is 148, with 10 APCs/IFVs and 4 trucks.

Additional Attachments

One of these platoons per battalion

Anti-Tank Platoon (Mechanized)

3x BRDM Spandrel vehicles, 2x crew each

3x UAZ SPG-9 vehicles.  IRL the recoilless gun is towed behind trucks/jeeps and is largeer than the SPG-9, but this is the best compromise available in ArmA.  2 man crew + 1 Grenadier (RPG-7) each.

For a Motorized Battalion, the Spandrels would be replaced by Crew Served ATGM launchers (x 3).  The SPG-9 UAZs remain.

AAA Platoon

4x ZSU-23-4 Shilka SPAAG.  Crew of 3.  May also be substituted with Ural with the ZSU-23 in the bed.

Not Included: Support team (see Armor Company)

Armor Company

Company Command: 1 x T-55, Company Commander and 2 crew

3 x 3 Tank Platoons: 3 x T-55, Platoon Leader + 2, and 2 additional crews of 3

Support Element: 3 x Urals (Fuel/Ammo/Repair).  Company Executive Officer and 6 maintenance technicians.  Actual element much larger.

Note: Although the Chinese don't field the T-72, it's a reasonable replacement, capability-wise for their more modern tanks.  The T-55 is a safer bet though in terms of what would support 90s Cat A or Cat B units, as it is actually employed by the PLA.

Attachments not included:

SAM Regiments.  Primarily use the SA-2, SA-3, and SA-6 systems, although more advanced systems do exist in country, especially in the present.

Artillery: An Artillery Battalion fields 18 Howitzers, and a similar number of Multiple rocket launchers. 

Misc Personnel: The platoon and Company HQ levels are right unless indicated, but I did not include many of the non-combat personnel that could be expected due to gameplay reasons.

Notes for Indirect Fires:  As mentioned earlier, the Chinese are a little less enthusiastic in the employment of Indirect Fire when compared to the North Koreans, but not by much.  I will let the mission maker make the call on Indirect Fire, especially for expeditionary missions

Notes for Faces: Simply execute faces.sqf for your non-jip and jip players.  You could also try executing it first in the server before all that.  I'm hardly an expert on scripting, but the way the download is set up works fine for testing purposes.  It works as long as the PLA is OPFOR, it get's real messy if you try and switch them to Independent, so don't.  It will also set ALL Opfor to the selected faces, so if you want immersion with a joint Russian op, you will have to fine tune the script.

Special Notes: Chinese Organization varies depending on which part of the country you're in, so the mission maker has a little wiggle room.

DOWNLOAD FOR THE MIDDLE KINGDOM

Edited by HellHound

Does anyone have any Vietnam Era ORBAT's?

In particular

US Army/Marines Infantry

Mech Infantry (M113's)

Air Cav

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yyer8c5vymwdbq9/YblKyxWVo4

A Vietnam Air Cavalry Squadron, including custom skins

The PLT has 4 Squads, each with their own Huey, then Command has a Huey of its own.

They are supported by 2x Cobras (Or rocket armed Hueys) and 2x Scout Little Birds (AH-6X's)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9uoftkfw7r702io/HfeCVC88BR

Vietnam ERA Light Infantry PLT

Each PLT has 3 Squads with 1 Weapons Squad, weapons squad would have had a 90mm Recoiless Rifle IRL but I have substituted a Carl Gustav instead

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d301x7o9jvcz4pm/rPFgKZ8wok

Vietnam ERA Mech Infantry PLT

Same as an Light Infantry PLT but they have dropped the Grenadiers and each Squad has an M113

Edited by Fox D

With apologies to HellHound (Template Platoon) and FoxD (US Vietnam textures) - who did all the work - I re-skinned some uniforms to make some that somewhat resembles the classic Mao-era Type 65 uniform used by the PLA. It's my first attempt at working with .paa files and textures so it's a little rough but workable for my purposes.  In use for the new version of CO44 Border Red v1.1.

Edited by RedCard

V2.0 of my Vietnam ORBAT's

Updated to new amazingly beautiful textures

Also have customised gear script more so no more absurd numbers of M72's

MECH INFANTRY - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/04v5bectqre8kj8/y0xbOfJbxV

LIGHT INFANTRY - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6my07twtprfb12n/YxD-YY1-o4

AIR CAV - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jssuzwmjs0syfsx/eyzOn50766

Edited by Fox D

First pass at a mid-80s Canadian peacekeeping M113 platoon.

3 Rifle Sections (M113):

1 SL (FN FAL)

2 TL (FN FAL)

4 Riflemen (FN FAL)

2 MG (FN MAG)

1 M113 Gunner

1 M113 Driver

1x M113A3 (Ammo, M72s, Medical Supplies)

1 PL Section (UN UAZ, ugh - MM can choose to delete it and allow this section to mount in the 3 M113s, there is plenty of space):

1 PL

1 2ic

1 RTO

1 Medic

1 Driver (UN vehicle)

Edited by RedCard

Updated [27 NOV 2013]

This includes one USMC rifle company. 

ORGANIZATION:
COMPANY HEADQUARTERS
WEAPONS PLATOON
RIFLE PLATOON (3)

Info gathered from:

Kit is a mix of my own touch and what real marines said they carried.

Any questions please send them to jubxxxjub on the united operations forums.

This is for use within the UO community. 

More notes:
By jubxxxjub
JIP friendly, GroupIDs done.
Modern USMC kit
Gear script has other stuff in it too.
EX: JTACs, Pilots, FOs, Force recon...

ChangeLog

Played around with the gear focusing on the assault squads

Made a better/more understandable comm sig example

Late 1990s-Early 2000s Russian BMP/BTR/VDV Company Orbat

I made three separate ORBATS for each company.
Each ORBAT is the minimum the Company would have, Battalion may attach a SAM Section to each Company for example but this ORBAT does not cover that.

My main source can be found here: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/100-60.pdf
I did use a couple other Russian websites to try and find out any more information about individual units in a Section but exact information can be difficult to obtain.

This is primarily for missions set after the Dissolution of the Soviet Union.

It does use the Russian MSV units (as they are higher quality units and their camo was becoming more standard in the late 90s).

BMP Company consists of:

1x Company HQ with 6x Personnel

1x ATGM Section with 3x Metis gunners totalling 9 personnel

3x BMP Platoons.

Each Platoon Consists of:

3x Motor Rifle Sections with 8x Personnel

1x Platoon HQ with 4x Personnel

Each Section Consists of:

1x BMP Commander/Dismount Leader

2x BMP Crew

1x 2 man RPG team

1x Senior Rifleman

1x RPK Gunner

1x Rifleman

Please Read Note within the ORBAT for more details.  

Link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3x2n1ukqhi7y3a/90s%20Russian%20BMP%20Orbat.utes.rar

BTR Company consists of:

1x ATGM Section with 3x Metis gunners totalling 9 personnel

3x BTR Platoons.

3x Motor Rifle Sections with 8 Personnel

1x Platoon HQ with 4x Personnel

1x BTR Commander/Dismount Leader

2x BTR Crew

1x 2 Man RPG team

1x Senior Rifleman

1x RPK Gunner

1x Rifleman

Please Read note within the ORBAT for more details

Link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/232x17564qje1yz/90s%20Russian%20BTR%20Orbat.utes.rar

VDV Company Consists of:

3x VDV Platoon.

3x Motor Rifle Sections with 7 Personnel

1x BMD Commander/Dismount Leader

2x BMD Crew

1x 2 Man RPG team

1x Senior Rifleman

1x RPK Gunner

Please Read note within the ORBAT for more details.

Take note the VDV do not have a Platoon HQ in this ORBAT. (Crazy Russians).

Link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vx99fvvqhz87o50/90s%20Russian%20VDV%20Orbat.utes.rar

Edited by j0zh94

U.S. Army Rangers Company

This Company has four variants to it

1) Modern day OCP company  (light) https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqamj72by555u85/USA_Ranger_OCP.utes.rar

2) Desert Camo semi-modern company (light) https://www.dropbox.com/s/40lx9ppcnxop2a1/90_USA_Ranger_Des.utes.rar

1)Woodland camo semi-modern company  (light) https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzfa9gcs4c608tj/90_USA_Ranger_Wood.utes.rar

2) Modern day OCP company (SCAR-L) (light) https://www.dropbox.com/s/mamy6enarucrzii/USA_Ranger_OCP_SCAR.utes.rar

Edited by Nathan

From the mind of Nathan / Nathan423

A U.S. Special forces ORBAT thread

where all my Special forces orbats will show up.

and the first one is...

U.S. Army Rangers Company

This Company has four variants to it....

*All of these are light because they are raid size companies (3x rifle squads) which is special because the can fit into 1x Chinook , 3x blackhawks, or 4x MTVRs. instead of 1 more of each vehicles.

**Each squad member has 20 magazines just in case they need it. feel free to make a separate vehicle script.

So your "Light Company" has 3 squads? Your aware that that is a Platoon right? 

Source for your stuff?

It says "From the mind of Nathan" so.....

So your "Light Company" has 3 squads? Your aware that that is a Platoon right? 

It says "From the mind of Nathan" so.....

well do you want a weapons section on a raid mission where you have a company of BTR-70s are 5 min out and you just need to kill one guy. didn't think so. (In UO at least), do you want to manage 3 assault squads, and 3 helis (for a platoon) or 4 helis, a weapons, and stick around for the slaughter. Yes, It is only three platoons, but you are meant to get in and get out as fast as possible. The less people you have, the faster extraction will be and the less you have to manage. If you want, I will fix this to have a weapons squad, but that will only weigh the platoon down.

well do you want a weapons section on a raid mission where you have a company of BTR-70s are 5 min out and you just need to kill one guy. didn't think so. (In UO at least), do you want to manage 3 assault squads, and 3 helis (for a platoon) or 4 helis, a weapons, and stick around for the slaughter. Yes, It is only three platoons, but you are meant to get in and get out as fast as possible. The less people you have, the faster extraction will be and the less you have to manage. If you want, I will fix this to have a weapons squad, but that will only weigh the platoon down.

Hes not saying its not a company because there is no weapons squad, hes saying it because a platoon has 3 fucking squads, not a company.

Nathan believe his issue is your use of company for only 3 squads.  That element should be referred to as a platoon.  We're also curious as to where this is coming from, organizationally, or if it is entirely made up.  It's okay if it is, that just needs to be clear for those going for full realistic orbats.