Removal of WeaponX  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Removal of WeaponX

• Yes
    • No

The following user has contributed 8 posts over their total involvement in the community.

The following user has played 55 hours in the ArmA 2 Server in the last 6 months.

The following user has made 0 posts within any of the Regular Discussion Threads in the 1 year.

The following user has posted 2 times in the last 6 months.

This poll requires a 2/3 vote and 2 weeks.

Oh no they're harming the community by not voting and not contributing in any way.

Woe is the community under the plight of these horrific scum.

don't they know that there are children, CHILDREN who play here?

So much harm they do.

by not doing anything.

With that said, I disagree with this poll, Weapon does play, and while he doesn't post much he contributes to the community. Voting no in this case.

As far as I am concerned, those being polled should manifest themselves with a reason of why they wish to stay.

Edited by Rein

As far as I am concerned, those being polled should manifest themselves with a reason of why they wish to stay.

The poll has not been up that long calm down Rein with your copy pasta. At least give it a day for human beings to have at least one sleep cycle...

Voted no. Weapon should probably post on the forums a bit more, but he does play, he is active and available on TS to talk to. When I pm'd him asking him to take a slot in an event mission I was leading, he was communicative in a timely fashion throughout the run up to event, so at the very least with regards to the forum activity he is doing more than logging in for 10 seconds every 3 months.

For those who don't know Weapon, he is active duty US Army. He jumps on TS frequently, and the game server when he can.

For those who don't know Weapon, he is active duty US Army. He jumps on TS frequently, and the game server when he can.

I think everyone would to love hear that from him personally.

Yes! Let's remove the best leader we have (no offence everyone else)! He has no positive effect to give to the server! How dare he have real commitments as well?!

... frankly this poll is moronic.

Yes! Let's remove the best leader we have (no offence everyone else)! He has no positive effect to give to the server! How dare he have real commitments as well?!

... frankly this poll is moronic.

Clearly, these polls are metrics based and WeaponX fulfills the conditions.

Would you rather the poster had selected those he liked and not posted those polls?

Look at the results broski.

Edited by Mark Interiis

I think everyone would to love hear that from him personally.

Yes, I believe that you have made this point before in this thread. As well as in every other removal thread that was recently posted. We get the point.

Yes, I believe that you have made this point before in this thread. As well as in every other removal thread that was recently posted. We get the point.

Unfortunately, it is the case in all of the recent polls. Considering the similar nature of all ongoing polls, you will be reading a lot of the same shit from everyone else as well.

Yes! Let's remove the best leader we have

He can lead with or without regular tags.

Non the less, voted no.

He can lead with or without regular tags.

Non the less, voted no.

We could extend this logic to perhaps 75% of the Regulars.

Yes, but the position of regular means that the user wants a say in the community.  If a regular is extremely inactive then they are dead weight.  Dead weight needs to be cut.

Secondly, if a person is this inactive then they cannot honestly be an informed  voter.  This ultimately leads to arbitrary voting.

Can he play ArmA without being a regular? Yes. Does he or has he ever contributed to regular or policy discussion? No. Does he fulfill at all, the criteria of being a regular? No.

The amount of people voting no based on nostalgia is mind boggling. Voting yes as should you all. However, I am interested in hearing a response from Weapon.

Edited by Dylan

We have an automatic removal system for a reason... I've voted no for everyone else, and I'm certainly voting no for Weapon. He's had a strong voice in UO since founding, he is active duty. Please take that into account before you start bickering.

We have an automatic removal system for a reason... I've voted no for everyone else, and I'm certainly voting no for Weapon. He's had a strong voice in UO since founding, he is active duty. Please take that into account before you start bickering.

He can re-apply when he can be more active.

Does not contribute. 

Can he play ArmA without being a regular? Yes. Does he or has he ever contributed to regular or policy discussion? No. Does he fulfill at all, the criteria of being a regular? No.

The amount of people voting no based on nostalgia is mind boggling. Voting yes as should you all. However, I am interested in hearing a response from Weapon.

This.
Edited by Rein

Clearly, these polls are metrics based and WeaponX fulfills the conditions.

And who's metrics are these?  I don't see them in the charter.  Voting No.

/Love the double standards I am seeing in these poll results so far. Weap, love ya bro.

I am failing to see one reason to vote yes. All of these reasons given are not Requirements to being a Regular. We have alot of Regs that don't play Arma2, we have alot of Regs that play Arma2 but don't post on the forums. Just because some people dont post in the forums doesn't mean that they don't take part in the "government" of this community, can you prove that they haven't voted in a poll?

To me, the reasons listed for removal in this poll and the others seems to reflect personal feelings of what it is to be a Regular, not what is required.

The following user has contributed xx posts over their total involvement in the community.

Total post count has nothing to do with being a Regular. Alot of people dont care to post on fourms and it is not required that anyone has to post.

The following user has played xx hours in the ArmA 2 Server in the last x months.

Arma2 gameplay is not Required to be a Regular.

The following user has made xx posts within any of the Regular Discussion Threads in the 1 year.

Again, there are no requirements that a Regular has to post on the forums.

The following user's last post was more than xx months ago.

Again, it is not required to post anything to be a Regular

A person can stay well informed of the going ons of this by simply reading to the forums and or talking to people on Teamspeak. Where are the last login times? I really wish the total time spent on the forums didnt break during the last update cause that would help prove my point.

So no, I fail to see any valid reason to remove said Regular.

witchhunt.gif

Abstaining for now on this one pending a response from the polled Regular. Weapon is active on the server, but not active within the community outside of that.

He is busy becoming a Lt. Col.

Few in this community have offered an equivalent impact on the elevation of infantry tactics on the server as Weapon has.

Though it has been quite some time since our 4-course training day occurred.  Weapon ran the Assault course. 

During the time he has to play on the server, and the time he has to communicate with us through TS; he has always been willing to offer advice on infantry tactics.  While on the server, he commonly leads at some level in the Orbat of whatever missions he plays.

Despite his low visibility on the forums, his value to the community at-large for those whom engage with him is beyond measure.

Marvin has also highlighted solid points as to why Weapon's removal based upon the reasons given by other posters in this thread is without warrant.  Read them, Marv knows what he's talking about; and he's right.

Some Regulars contribute by playing on the server frequently.

Some Regulars contibute by actively engaging in every forum thread of consequence.

Few Regulars contribute by offering their experience and mentorship which directly relates to our style and expectations of play on the server here; Weapon is amongst those few.

The description and requirements of Regularship are both vague and yet specific in context based upon the Charter; but they are not verbose.

However, and as it becomes more clear with time almost three years after the founding of this community; the Regulars at an individvual level have developed their own standards and expectations for what Regulars ought be.  These opinions do not always reflect the spirit of Regularship.  Just because some Regulars don't contribute in the same way, regard, or volume than others; does not make them less of a Regular or un-becoming of Regularship.

As an ancedote for those of you whom have not played with Weapon, nor have had a spirited late-into-the-night dicussion with him on topics both related to the community and not; whenever I play on the server these days it is to play with those whom I enjoyed playing with in this community in years past.  Back when this community was a small and tight-knit group of like minded people.  Weapon offered a wealth of real-life experience, knowledge, understanding, and trained discipline to those whom engaged with him in regards to infantry tactics at any level of organization.  In short, tangibles.

Today, when I play with those of whom I know have learned from Weapon things work better than those whom haven't.

When you assault a compound or fixed position with an overwatch element or machine gun team; Squad and Fire Team leaders in the assault element mark their position as they move through the objective with smoke grenades of assorted color.  This informs the overwatch element not only of their position but of their limit-of-fire as the battle progresses.

Those whom have learned that from Weapon and command that situation on the server drastically reduce the possibility of friendly fire.

Those whom have not learned that from Weapon, will on occasion spend time shooting at one another.

If you are of the opinion that because you don't see his contributions that he hasn't made any and therefore does not deserve to be a Regular and thus ought be removed, regardless of your intended logic; are acting childishly towards a long-standing contributor of this community in seeking his removal, which is un-becoming of the expected level of maturity here...if you take the Charter to heart.

Edited by _jackal

I actually met weapon a few weeks ago in-person and we discussed creating an event sometime in the near future. To describe Weapon as inactive is pretty disingenuous.