Removal of Ceud  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Removal of Ceud

• Yes
    • No

If you do not have anything constructive to add to the community, you clearly do no "wish to take part in the organization and administration of the community:" as UO charter states

That's not true at all.

That more than anything can be important to the community at-large and is certainly an objective aspect of participation and therefore contribution, whereas stating one's opinion or simply agreeing with someone is subjective to the means and personality of the individual.

Not everyone thinks like you, not everyone participations like you, not everyone contributes like you.

Nor do you have the right or authority based upon the Charter to tell other Regulars how they ought participation and contribute.

You are indeed right. But since we cannot see WHO votes on polls it is impossible to see what Regs actually are performing their duties there, and if one also generally is silent it means there are no evidence of that Regular's participation. I merely wish for active Regs to be seen as active.

As for game activity it more a curiosity-thing. These polls all only measure ArmA2 activity, but fail take into account other organized game activity within UO.

Edit: Note that my intention is not to encourage everyone to post all the time when simply agreeing with already made posts. Just often enough for noticable activity in lack of other evidence.

Edited by Inkompetent

That's not true at all.

Could you elaborate why someone, who doesn't bring in anything constructive to community as a Regular, makes this community run and evolve? And please don't use such arguments that "he was regular from beginnings", "he doesn't do any harm not participating in anything" or simmilar to those, as I fing them without any value whatsoever.

Gentlemen, I would like to respond to some of the questions directed to me.

Inkompetent, I am not an active participant in EVE Online or with UOAF. I do spend several times per week on TS playing some games (DayZ, ArmA3, DCS titles) but generally just with friends as opposed to some structured gaming event.

_jackal, In the past 6-12 months I have participated in some polls, though only a handful. As I stated earlier, I do not arbitrarily vote on something, only when I have a clear opinion of what the best choice would be, or if I believe "the other" choice would harm UO.

Ice-Man, you have misquoted (or perhaps misinterpreted) me. I did not claim I have nothing constructive to add to the community, what I said was: "When I have nothing constructive to add to an issue I refrain."

then i don't see any reason why you should be regular in the first place. for a badge to feel special or something? not a valid reason.

"i can't live up to these standarts" yet want to remain regular.

where are your balls? eather resign with pride or live up to standarts.

there is no ground inbetween. alive or dead, man or woman. so stop dragging it with assumption you will be able to eat a cake and get a cherry.

and btw "i want to stay regular" is not a valid reason to stay. nobody cares what you want and never will. eather live up to what you signed for or resign. regularship is not a e-peen enhancer that make you feel special for any random reason, but staff position with duties.

ffs are all regs like this? do officers avoid clean ups because they scared to be next or because they have some "overpoliteness" or "feelings"? you are not killing or banning people who gone inactive and contribute nothing afterall, but make a good call for the sake of community. unless (which i'm quite sure) you assume that bunch of inactive old fags having a nostalgia is community.

overall: having jobs, family and other stuff to do is okay. but IT'S NOT AN EXCUSE. WHY?! BECAUSE WE ALL HAVE IT. feeling special and need special treatment? you are not. get over it and man up. this is just a game to go all shitty excuses for the sake of saving green text usergroup to feel special on the internet.

so will it be ugly childrish excuses or more or less grown up person decision?

Your nonsensical rants on matters that don't concern you are becoming overwhelmingly annoying. 

For someone who is not a regular, you sure act like the entitled strawman "regular" you rail against.

Edit: Re: N2

Edited by GloryAndPain

ah so now we compare size of e-peens? "my e-peen is longer then yours, so you are wrong and i'm right" 

forum usergroups make no difference to me, and i'm not going to treat anyone according to color of text on internet forums but point they make. if you want to discuss it with me, PM

I'm bound to agree with n2. However he formulates himself the point of his rant is sound. It is evident some people are lacking objectivity in their reasoning and spend more time protecting their own Regularship or the Regularship of others.

As for this...

Your nonsensical rants on matters that don't concern you are becoming overwhelmingly annoying.

How does it not concern him? How does Regularship not concern EVERYONE at UO? These polls are available to ordinary members because they *do* concern them, and not only the Regs.

Edit: Nothing in this post aimed at Ceud, just to be clear. Merely responding Brent and the point brought up by n2.

Edited by Inkompetent

Knock it off.

Stick to the topic and avoid attacking each other.

Act mature.

As someone who actually did relinquish regular tags because I knew I was going to be inactive, I think people are being overly hostile to some of the regulars that either don't play much or don't post much. If Ceud is truly visiting the forums everyday and keeping up to date with all the UO stuff (something I couldn't do) I think he is still a valuable regular in the community.

Could you elaborate why someone, who doesn't bring in anything constructive to community as a Regular, makes this community run and evolve? And please don't use such arguments that "he was regular from beginnings", "he doesn't do any harm not participating in anything" or simmilar to those, as I fing them without any value whatsoever.

Just because you aren't "adding" anything to the community does not mean you are not helping it. Participating in the process is just as important as developing it. I will value a regular who says nothing but acts to further the community much higher than a person who voices their opinion constantly yet prevents any kind of growth.