Kenquinn

UO Server Metrics

I have created a bot that parses data from SWEC. The parsed data is then used to generate metrics about the server. You can find the metrics I am generating here.

Kenquinn you beat me to it! This was literally going to be my next project, albeit all in PHP / MySQL with some added heuristics :)

Nice job though!

Thats cool Kenquinn, 

Itll be good for mission makers as it allows us at a glance to see which maps are underutilised!!

Yeah we could use this in PRO. Would like to discuss more with you when I have time.

I am interested in what you would like to use it for. Contact me to discuss it.

That's great stuff.

Any chance it'll be expanded to have data on specific missions?

Additional metrics are planned, however I will not go into specifics. If people state in detail what they would like I will keep it in mind.

What mission specific data were you thinking of?

Nice, what "sorcery (languages)" are you using to conjur this?

It's written in Java, using jsoup to parse the HTML.

Rounding error in categories COOP and TVT.

The rounding error can be found in all the percentages, due to decimal values being truncated.

Additional metrics are planned, however I will not go into specifics. If people state in detail what they would like I will keep it in mind.

What mission specific data were you thinking of?

I think Luiz ment what missions are played allot, ( ex: Seeder Ops, Commandos, Battle for Demenzahir ) to see what missions are hot.

Well, I could think of a lot of stuff that could be useful. 

Yes, "most played missions" would be one (as that of the swec itself if a bit weird). Both, say, last week and last 30 days. The most played missions and how many times each was played.

I have no idea how much effort trouble is to code that, so I can't only randomly suggest: for example, the ability to "filter" the data per slots. So... most played missions under 30 players; most played missions over 50 players; etc.

Then, some data per mission. The ability to search a mission and see when it was last played, how many times it was played last week/month/ever, etc. Having the average time a certain mission takes wouldn't hurt either.

This would be a very powerful tool for admining the server.

Thanks Kenquinn.

I have been dying to get something like this to life and try it out. Basically a rating website, where set people (let's say regulars initially, later also people who have high reputation), would be able to input a evaluation into the system.

The essence of the system:

joblaaF.png

Parsed from swec for the current mission.

2 Would be replaced by player names, with

1 additional drop down for the person to select roles, for those people he interacted with (he wouldnt be evaluating 60 people, just his squad for example).

3. Any rating scale 1 to 5, 1 to 3

Where it says, feedback, it is just that, whatever people usually put in the member reviews.

Anyways, what would this be possible to code it in? I assuming you need mysql, some php? I just need some hints in the right direction and I ll code myself the damn thing.

CXhw4oS.png

In the end you would get what you somewhat have in the member review, merged with blacklistst/whitelist.

In an easily accessible player profile.

1. Players name

2. Overall rep/rating whatever

3. Ratings per roles (could initially just have few (like leadership, pilot etc) later more.

iKVQwTx.png

Edited by Rambo2

Many mission sessions were missing from the metrics. The metrics have been updated to account for them.

Thanks Kenquinn.

I have been dying to get something like this to life and try it out. Basically a rating website, where set people (let's say regulars initially, later also people who have high reputation), would be able to input a evaluation into the system.

The essence of the system:
joblaaF.png

Parsed from swec for the current mission.
2 Would be replaced by player names, with
1 additional drop down for the person to select roles, for those people he interacted with (he wouldnt be evaluating 60 people, just his squad for example).
3. Any rating scale 1 to 5, 1 to 3
Where it says, feedback, it is just that, whatever people usually put in the member reviews.

Anyways, what would this be possible to code it in? I assuming you need mysql, some php? I just need some hints in the right direction and I ll code myself the damn thing.

CXhw4oS.png

In the end you would get what you somewhat have in the member review, merged with blacklistst/whitelist.

In an easily accessible player profile.
1. Players name
2. Overall rep/rating whatever
3. Ratings per roles (could initially just have few (like leadership, pilot etc) later more.

iKVQwTx.png

This could be created using GameSpy queries to gather the needed server information. Check your PMs for more details.

Think you can also get player numbers and graph it over day/week based on UTC? 

Breaking that down, average percentage of players per mission (how full the mission was based on how many slots there were), average player count per hour, etc...

Thanks Kenquinn.

In your ideal situation would the existence of this be public knowledge, or something akin to member review threads were you only find out about it on the off chance you see it mentioned. If it is public knowledge, would these ratings be publicly accessible? Would it be moderated in any fashion, and would ratings or reviews be anonymous?

Not long ago I had suggested making member review threads public, or at the least available that particular member, however it was brought to my attention (and upon further thought I have to agree) that this could cause strife between the evaluators (regulars) and the evaluatees (members/guests)