Sign in to follow this  
Seabass

Best possible mining setup

Yup thats what I had started doing and ended up quiting.  If I ever get back into this its definitely not to mine.

Yup thats what I had started doing and ended up quiting.  If I ever get back into this its definitely not to mine.

how about you rejoin and join us fighting

No other info in this decision? Skills? Generally if your mining in a group, yea the Hulk hands down. Soloing with a degree of safety or attentiveness to your ship, then the Mackinaw. Or you can beast tank the Skiff. Its like anything in this game, right tool for the right job.

I heard people saying that a Retrivier T2(forgot the name) is the best for solo mining.

But feck it, I have to monitors. I can see when my cargo is full while playing War Thunder.

I advise mining in conjunction with PVP and manufacturing, build your own pvp ships from total scratch and get them blown up! best fun

Don't mine, you'll quit the game over it in a week or so

Happened to me during my trial.  

Game looked awesome, loved the market mechanics of mining and such, but I would end up setting my ship to mine, go do something else, come back, sell...repeat. 

Well boy, after mining with 4x Barges alt and 1x Orca alt I can tell you that your brain will overload and almost explode.

Mackinaw is the preferred ship for solo mining, has a huge ore hold to cut down on hauling time.  Hulk is optimal as it has bonuses for yield, really shines in an operation with Orca support.  Also I'm getting back into EvE, are you guys fairly active? Need a new home.

Mackinaw is the preferred ship for solo mining, has a huge ore hold to cut down on hauling time.  Hulk is optimal as it has bonuses for yield, really shines in an operation with Orca support.  Also I'm getting back into EvE, are you guys fairly active? Need a new home.

We are very active. Look us up. But we don't do mining and shit. Pure PVP. Search for Impact Theory

You can AFK mine in them for ages and you can fill the lows with mining upgrades, they're great

You can AFK mine in them for ages and you can fill the lows with mining upgrades, they're great

You'll then come back to notice you lost your ship and were podded because you AFK mine.

For solo mining you want a Mackinaw (T2 Exhumer class, T1 version would be the Retriever) 

Fit it as follows

• High: 2x Strip Miner II (Or T1 if you cant fit T2's)

• Medium: 1x Survey Scanner I (Dont bother with T2 as your lasers can only reach 15km anyway, the T1 lets you scan anything in range), and you have 3x spare slots for tank, this should be tailored to local conditions

• Low: Mining Laser Upgrade II (As many of these as your skills allow to fit, if your in high sec you should skimp on tank and max out MLU's, vice versa for null)

• Drone Bay: 5x Hobgoblin II's (Or whatever light drone you prefer) 5x Mining Drones II's

• Cargo Bay: 2x Mining Crystals, for each local ore (Again these should be tailored to your current location, they are also un-needed for T1 Strip Miners)

For Gang mining (With haulers and/or and Orca) you want a Hulk (T2 Exhumer, T1 version is the Covetor)

This should be fit the same as a Mackinaw/Retriever, the only difference should be the Hulk has 3x Strip Miners in its High slots

Hope this is helpfull!

Edited by Fox D

Hulk 

T2 strippers 

Mining sucks 

Good

Lower Yield

PvP sucks.

Edited by Doyal