St.Sabath

Tom Clancy's The Division

Meh.

Shooters on consoles never interest me.

I'll snag it for PC probably, depends on the ratings it gets.

If its pay to win, then fuck it I'm out. 

Really bad timing that me and Sabath made a post about the same thing.

Not bad timing, just a 2nd thread about the same game.   Search functions are your friend.

They always were. The whole "oh we listened to the community" bullcrap was just a pr stunt.

yeah offcourse, they wanted more attention to the game worked thou so good for them.

I can't wait to operate through New york. Hopefully the multiplayer is balanced enough to provide decent gun-play. That being said, this is probably my second most anticipated game this holiday season. The other be Destiny.

So now that we've finally had the Beta out this past weekend and a few of us played it what are your thoughts 3 years later?  Was it worth the wait?  Are you picking it up?

I played it and thought the single player was nice but could have used some more enemies.  I felt rather safe walking the street of New York in the middle of the night.  And to my surprise the Dark Zone, their PvP area was rather pleasant to be in with everyone working together and the teamwork.  Only once I got shot and bumped into them again and we all laughed about it.  My only screen shot I had was of this, http://i.imgur.com/3HCqIUY.jpg  Not sure what you did Headshot but someone does not seem happy with you.  :tongue:

Living in the city it's pretty cool to see a lot of the 'feeling' there. Although it's not 100% accurate at times it's fairly close and I'm consistently getting that, "oh shit I know this place" vibe. I like it a lot, I find it a bit refreshing from everything else out I'm just worried about how sustainable the Dark Zone PvP will be, and what exactly is going to keep me coming back into it.

They added one single mission to play which unlocked two new abilities in the skill tree.

The update was not really worth playing, for anything new or exciting. While this is in beta, they are not testing a good 75% of the features and content that are expected to be in the live release. I am currently going to hold off on purchasing this, at least until more of the content can be seen for how it functions, and if this game is going to be primarily focused on open world PVP, or if there will be a fair split of coop and pvp areas. The few friends I have that are interested in this have zero interest of picking it up if they are forced to do the PVP encounters or zones, and I simply did not enjoy playing this solo for long periods of time. I have strong concerns over how replayable this will be, at present the Darkszone content seems very lacking in terms of reason and extent of replayablity.

I....bought it.

I swore I would never pre-order another game and especially not one from Ubi. I watched vids of this game and wrote it off as garbage and then I got bored on Sunday and tried the open beta not expecting much and had a blast. I have been bitching and waiting for a RPG that was not swords, magik missiles or lazer guns and this hit the nail on the head. I have concerns and hope not to be burned but as long as I get a $1 per hour worth of play, I will be happy.

For those that read the UK edition of PC Gamer (Not sure about the US version)

But this months issue has a pretty good preview of this, it looks promising and according to the devs the PC "port" is being made by experienced PC devs, so it should be up to scratch!

I myself have preordered this but for the PS4 (I regret nothing!)

Edited by Fox D

this game manages to have three things i absolutely loathe: 

1) from UBI

2) modern Tom Clancy's (which has nothing in common with Clancy's stuff since early 2000s)

3) forced interaction and competition with people you dont know and that you cannot avoid willy nilly, which never brings anything but sadness and rage

it lso features a few other things i particularly dont like, like

a) fake "real gameplay", like the latest R6 trailer

b ) hype, hype, hype

c) intertwining its fate with consoles, which always spelt disaster and rage for PCs

Edited by Maffa

So I have taken the time to Beta Test this game when it was in Closed Beta with Wade and it is very well made. There are a very tweaks needed before launch but all in all, it will be better than average. 

I've started playing it after finding a 20% discount on it.

I am having fun and I'm not minding the bullet-spongy nature of it being an RPG with shooter mechanics nearly as much as I thought I would.

The only real issues I'm having is that sometimes skills and items don't activate when I want them to, the character sometimes refuses to vault over cover to safety even when the prompt is clearly on screen and copy/paste nature of all the sidequests.

Oh and the one-dimensional sidequest giver NPCs that are entirely defined by one quirk and one quirk only (this guy is a fan boy! This guy was an soap actor! This guy is a hippie!): every time I hear them talk on the radio, I get the urge to strangle them. :v

So, I got my monies worth out of this game. I look at games at a Dollar per hour ratio, if I get at least as many hours out of a game that I spent per dollar, I am happy. This game with friends is a blast but dont ever get more then 5 ranks(lvls) above your friends as the game will level to the highest rank and the lower lvl people will get one shot.

That being said, this game is fucked beyond belief right now. So many glitches, bugs, haxs, broken stats and talents that a full list would make your eyes bleed. PvE is still kinda ok as long as you dont wear gear that protects your from elites cause yeah, it does the opposite... PvP is a nightmare now, aside from all the haxors, the gear difference between a fresh or non-glitcher  lvl 30 & an established or glitcher lvl 30 means insta-death for the low gear player.

If you are considering this game, wait until it hits bargain bin price. The co-op/PvE story is good and the environment can be beautiful but it isnt worth $60 in its current state.

Yeah getting killed by someone who glitches into a building you can't enter sucks. I completed the main story and not sure if I even want to pick up any of the dlcs.

Game is great till level 30. After that it's a mess.

Already uninstalled and moved on to Overwatch.

So, really big game overhaul hit.

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-271342-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

I spent some time farting around in the PvE world set at T4 and for once since hitting lvl 30 it was a challenge and the gear was raining down from even trash mobs. Heck, I even got killed by a world boss as I was expecting to be able to pistolwhip him..nope.  AI has improved to the point where they suppressed and flanked me, then chased me down as I bleed out crying and cussing. 

Still to early to make a final call but at least I feel like I am making progress once again.

A year and a half too late? How is it holding up?

Is there still people playing it? Ive seen it off the radars since summer i think, and even then it was for bad rep on news for some reason or another...