UnitedOperations

BoondockSaint - Removal from PRO

Removal of BoondockSaint from PRO  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Removal of BoondockSaint from PRO?

• Yes
    • No

Well we must have an imposter here at UO because I could have sworn Boon was on with Tiger Team on June 1st. Plus having a baby is no reason to remove someone from their position. This is a flat out, NO.

This was just about word for word what I was going to say. I have to assume most, if not all "Yes" votes are for other reasons not posted by the OP.

Boon is a cool guy, and what has already been previously stated, he is having a child and living life. Sometimes life gets in the way of being a PRO,(and even being just a reg) and sometimes just needs sometime to himself to get situated. I really hope this poll goes down the drain and is just another troll poll.

Edited by Brundage

Don't expect any wacky colors or font sizes. 

I am voting no, he put up an LOA and has recently created an event.

He is a solid PRO and doesn't need to be removed.

Quit with the stupid text crap.

Keep this on topic...

Edited by Static

Fore me, the interesting thing about this whole thread is the contrast with officers like Godhand who resigns from his officer position whenever he is on LOA or busy with whatever, and the best part is that he has never had any problems being been re-elected. Just sayin'.

And godhand admitted he wasn't active in his office I have shown I am. 

Edited by Boondocksaint

There is a difference between going on a LOA and not having enough time todo it.

Quit with the stupid text crap.

Keep this on topic...

I assume you are referring to the OP as well.

It's only fair.

And godhand admitted he wasn't active in his office I have shown I am. 

At a bare minimum and not without disorganisation and drama.

Gabe said earlier he thought the reasons for yes votes are for other reasons than the OP and I will say that is very much the case for me. I voted yes, though I think the OP is very bad. I don't see why the poster of this thread thought I'd need big coloured letters to understand their point, and I don't know why they chose to attack you based on inactivity when you have been very open and honest that you will not be around much due to your newborn, and have posted an LOA explaining as such.

That does not change the fact that when you are here, I think you do a very poor job. The events, run by you, that I have taken part in, have been a disorganised mess, and a general aura of drama seems to surround you.  The handling of the Mono the Elderish thread was extremely poor and sums up my whole issue with you being a PR officer. While I don't blame you for starting that thread as his main complaint seemed to be he had lost stuff in the normal course of play in EVE, I thought your conduct in that thread did not reflect well on UO. Your general "fuck you" attitude in that thread did not help the situation. I understand that when someone is making spurious and scandalous allegations about your conduct in public, as in that case, the natural instinct is to tell them to take a long walk off a short pier, but I feel a PR officer should hold themselves to a better standard, particularly as they are the public face of UO.   

While being blunt is often required, the PR office also needs people who understand tact and diplomacy, something I don't think you do. 

Edited by The Kingslayer

Missions were bloody imbalanced, but since we turned up at about half strength due to technical problems and other issues I can't lay that at UTG's door. Despite this I had a lot of fun, some really good firefights. I really enjoyed the 1st mission, which I CO'd, where the capture zone seemed to change hands every 5 minutes between Blufor and Opfor. Hope we play again with UTG.

That does not change the fact that when you are here, I think you do a very poor job. The events, run by you, that I have taken part in, have been a disorganised mess, and a general aura of drama seems to surround you.  

Seems pretty contradictory and since you don't reference any other event I will not bother to address the baseless accusation.  

As for the eve situation, Mono came at me with completely false information he manifested or misinterpreted. The a good group of people decided to use that thread as a platform to just take out built up issues they have with me. You know what, yeah I gotta a little mad. They tried to slander me and ruin what we were trying to do with no provocation. Not only that he  PMd me on TS and took the blame. Next time you are pushed into a corner and being piled on I will make sure to take notes of your every response and push it back into your face.  Infact if I could be bothered to do it, I could troll the forums and pick out plenty of examples of you doing the same thing. Should I remove you as a GM? 

http://s806.photobucket.com/user/Boondizzle666/media/img111_zpsa9efd462.png.html?sort=3&o=3

It is funny how this poll is supposedly put up because of inactivity but others are using it to air grievances they have built up but were too immature or lazy to approach me with. Not once has Kingslayer brought up any issues with any events I have ran or any other issues for that fact. If you are too immature to bring theses issues up to me directly and need to wait until a removal thread then the chances are your issues are weak anyway and you know it. 

Even though this thread is supposed to be about activity, if anyone has actual evidence I don't do this: 

• 5.3.6.4 - Officer of Public Relations: These Officers are tasked with monitoring, improving and developing inter-community relationships, promoting and expanding the community base, and for promoting events.

Feel free to PM me, find me on TS or post it here and I will speak to it. I still am busy as shit with my family, I will not respond to baseless accusations any more. 

•  

PS: The quoting system is fucked up sorry for the formatting. 

Edited by Boondocksaint

Seems pretty contradictory and since you don't reference any other event I will not bother to address the baseless accusation.  

As for the eve situation, Mono came at me with completely false information he manifested or misinterpreted. The a good group of people decided to use that thread as a platform to just take out built up issues they have with me. You know what, yeah I gotta a little mad. They tried to slander me and ruin what we were trying to do with no provocation. Not only that he  PMd me on TS and took the blame. Next time you are pushed into a corner and being piled on I will make sure to take notes of your every response and push it back into your face.  Infact if I could be bothered to do it, I could troll the forums and pick out plenty of examples of you doing the same thing. Should I remove you as a GM? 

http://s806.photobucket.com/user/Boondizzle666/media/img111_zpsa9efd462.png.html?sort=3&o=3

I am not a PR officer, as a GM, my duties and how I am perceived are very different. As I said, I understand the desire to tell someone who is busy lying about your conduct to go and stuff themselves, but in that situation, a very public attempt to attack UO, a calmer and more level-headed approach would have dealt with that situation a lot better. I would like to feel that if placed in the same situation I would have dealt with it in a better manner, but if you feel I would not and believe that this is enough to remove my GM tags then that is your prerogative, there's not much i can do but disagree and argue my case to the other officers. 

It is funny how this poll is supposedly put up because of inactivity but others are using it to air grievances they have built up but were too immature or lazy to approach me with. Not once has Kingslayer brought up any issues with any events I have ran or any other issues for that fact. If you are too immature to bring theses issues up to me directly and need to wait until a removal thread then the chances are your issues are weak anyway and you know it. 

Said issues haven't been brought up for a number of reasons, most notably, as you point out yourself, as you have not been around that much recently, since the thread came up though, and the OP was doing such a God awful job, it seemed like the appropriate place to raise some legitimate complaints. Aside from that I've also had to work with the PR office on numerous occasions as I am often slotted leadership in high level events, including one's you have organised, which would make if difficult to work with you if we had been at loggerheads at every turn.

Finally you are in no way an approachable person. That would be a pretty weak excuse admittedly, if all I was afraid of was having a proper meeting with you on TS to discuss issues, but as seen in your post you pretty much threatened to remove my GM tags for criticising you, so you'll forgive me if such an attitude does not encourage me to seek you out on TS for a frank discussion.

Edited by The Kingslayer

You guys honestly need to drop to the EVE bullshit.

None of you have even half of the story, but act like you know everything about everything.

That does not change the fact that when you are here, I think you do a very poor job. The events, run by you, that I have taken part in, have been a disorganised mess, and a general aura of drama seems to surround you.  The handling of the Mono the Elderish thread was extremely poor 

While i will agree that the EVE thread was handled poorly, we all screw up at times. But using that as your prime example is a horrible excuse for a reason to vote yes. 

Now while i have no doubt from personal experience with you. You're not the type of person to pull things out of the air, but i would rather see some form of evidence other than a thread that was handled poorly by more than just boon. Even if this is a case 90 percent of being a PR officer is creating "inter-community relationships" 

Now I was involved in the back ground of the last event very briefly, but the communications i saw between boon and UTG were handled with a high level of  Professionalism. The relationship between the community's is in a high standing and it was mentioned that it is the kind of thing they would be willing to do again.

As for the issues with that event. I cant see any other than the technical difficulty's And this is partly down to myself. As i was the person that volunteered to sort the issues out while boon was at work. 

So please king id like to hear an elaboration as to what you mean by "a disorganization mess"

OP provides no real reasons for removal. Removing a PRO for an addition of a PRO is retarded as there is no restriction for the amount of officers. 

It would seem obvious from his posts and the testimony of others that he is doing a good job in his current position.  

Boon, I don't know you at all, and I'm sure you've never heard of me before.  But from someone who only knows you only from your posts on the forums, my impression of you is a good guy who is quick to temper and fight back, particularly when attacked personally.  I feel like, while perhaps your reactions are justified by the idiocy of some of the claims of others, you can come off looking like the bad guy because your responses and arguments can be heated and/or aggressive.  

If I might be so bold as to suggest a little more diplo-speak when dealing with people you think are idiots? Even though you might be correct in an argument, reacting as you sometimes do can make you come across like a bully or over aggressive instead of what I believe you are - passionate about your opinions, duties, and UO in general.  

Finally, congrats on the baby! :-)

This is no way to treat one of our founding fathers. What if Obama talked that way about Jefferson?   I vote "No" for removing Papa Boon.   

I've stepped away from ARMA for a while and have fallen victim to EVE, so that is the recent experience I can talk to. As CEO, Boon has recently lead the Corporation out of troubled waters with two significant alliances while not burning bridges with our departure. As of yesterday, his background work talking to other coalition leaders has seen us invited to a major alliance which should serve as a great home / fit for the corporation for some time to come.

As I read this thread, the points against Boon seem to center around not liking him due to his attitude or how he comes across in the forums. If that's the case, come out and say it, then prove it prevents him from doing his job. Otherwise, this poll is a waste of time.

Boonie is a vet of trench warfare during the War of Emancipation and Freedom and the building of UO. He is hard core, old school.... Deal with it

It's not a debate until he fires back. :wink:

Well, someone will probably fire back, and even if they don't why even bring up politics in the first place?

Would vote no, for the reason of Real Life > Community

Edited by Kevin31

Stupid Poll. Boon actually does things as PRO. Has recently run joint events with another community successfully, and runs a well organized EVE corp in addition to being active within Arma.

Edited by Mono The Elderish

Stupid Poll. Boon actually does things as PRO. Has recently run joint events with another community successfully, and runs a well organized EVE corp in addition to being active within Arma.

Just out of curiosity, Mono. I just checked Game Tracker. How's 3 months of not being on the server constitute "being active within Arma?" 

Just out of curiosity, Mono. I just checked Game Tracker. How's 3 months of not being on the server constitute "being active within Arma?" 

You should really check the training game tracker.