Sign in to follow this  
Andre

Helios fits

Hey guys. I've been a member of the UO corp since its inception but I don't really play much Eve. Still, I've got enough ISK to float me for a good while, and I'm still accumulating skill points even though I go days without logging in.

Within a week or two I'll have completed the recommended skillset for the Helios, a ship that is supposed to be good at reconnaissance/blockade running. Problem is that while I have ISK, the ship, and the skills, I lack actual knowledge to employ a fitted Helios.

I want to contribute to the corp, so I humbly ask for advice on how to fit my Helios. I know there's google, but anything I can scrounge up is years old and somewhat inconclusive, so I would prefer to listen to what active players have to say about the subject.

No reason in particular. I have the recommended skills for the Dominix as well, but ship-of-the-line combat didn't really seem appealing to me.

I guess I like the idea of gathering intel without being seen, and being able to escape if the situation deteriorates.

My fit goes something like: Hislot, Sisters expanded probe launcher (optional- can use expanded probe launcher if you are cheap) with sisters core/combat scan probes x7 each, covert ops cloak II, med slots: Prototype 1MN microwarpdrive, cap recharger II, warp disrupter II, meta 4 statis web or target painter, Lowslots: Nanofibre internal structure II x3. Rigs: gravity capacitor upgrade (or named similar I cant remember). Reasoning for fit? in case you get a nice target you have the ability to scan them down quicky, point/web to keep it in place or target painter to kill it with carrier fighters. It's worked a few times in my wormhole system killing random site runners before. The 3x nanofibre + MWD is to get away from trouble if it shows up and makes it real hard to catch you.