Sign in to follow this  
United Operations

Removal of Zedic

Removal of Zedic  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Removal of Zedic

• Yes
    • No

This Regular has proven that he is unable to enforce the SOPs and standards of being a Regular.

Quotes from ban threads: "While trying to get a Blackhawk to guide a section into an objective. Zedic ordered it to smash into a mountain side."

"Regardless of status of mission user encouraged disruptive behavior while using his position as a Regular to influence others within the community to break normal gameplay standards and intentionally degrade the standard of play."

Zedic - "Considering this was my doing and I had informed the member to do what he did, I will accept this time added onto my own current ban increasing to 72 hours provided that TTocsic's ban is removed."

"Reason: intentional team killing"

"during the mission "could be more clever", he had sent the dog(chad), into a building on a false IED and thew a grenade in behind him. when i asked him about this, post game, he had said that me and chad were not doing a good job, if not somthing simaler, i cant remember what it was exactly."

This poll requires a 2/3 vote and 2 weeks.

I think his competence and his whipping new players into shape by screaming at them and giving them night mares out ways his cons. I also agree with Greendemon's statements.

Edited by Kevin31

I think that Zedic just needs a reality check.

He is dicky at times but he is fair and is still a Regular.

Does he really need a removal or a BREAK from the community?

Edited by GreenDemon

I'm beginning to wonder if Zedic is alright. Completely out of character. I'll hold my vote until he posts. Maybe he needs some time off/away.

Edited by The Count

This is a completely new tier of unnecessary garbage. This poll dosen't even deserve to be acknowledged.

wait aint the whole sending the dog into a empty building grenading an old issue? why is it taken up again. would love some more backstory.

In my opinion Zedic is a fine regular. A bit harsh on his part from time to time, but when things really matter, he is always there to make things better and enforce the SOPs.

He is honost and makes his opinions clear, not talking his way around things. Quite frankly, Zedic has always been the only reg. at UO I really look up to.

Quite frankly, Zedic has always been the only reg. at UO I really look up to.

Nice, maybe you should have thought about it yesterday instead of looking up to him and we wouldn't have the debacle.

At least that is what an outside observer can see from this whole thing.

One of the greatest members of the community and someone wants to remove him.. Wow.

Don't worry Zedic, this won't pass since more people love you than hate you.

I've gotta say no on this one. I think there might be something up with Zedic because he's been acting a little weird lately, but besides that he's sound to me.

I initially couldn't make my mind up whether to vote yes or no. On the one hand Zedic is, for the most part, a respected player. Usually his presence on the server is helpful and improves gameplay, Zedic brings a wealth of knowledge and is almost always extremely competent in whatever role he takes. On the other hand I have noticed a track record that every so often Zedic will become bored and decide to fuck around. Often he gets away with this because he is a regular, though he sometimes pushes the boundaries too far and we end up with a ban thread every so often.

Having mulled it over I am going to vote no at this time. I believe the positives outweigh the negatives with Zedic at the moment. If, however, he continues this pattern of behaviour, I would be perfectly happy to vote for his removal in the future.

Edited by The Kingslayer

I'm beginning to wonder if Zedic is alright. Completely out of character. I'll hold my vote until he posts. Maybe he needs some time off/away.

I would agree with Count. Zedic can come off a bit rash at times but he is completely focused on improving the tactical play of the missions and improving players abilities. He just needs to keep his head sometimes.

Yes, Zedic can absolutely be derpy at times, but as Kevin stated, his competence and 'patience' with new members allows him to improve gameplay more than he disrupts it. When he SL's I always strive to be in his squad because he explains why he does things, and explains things to people rather then just ordering people around. Whenever I CO and he comments on my plan, I know I am about to learn something new. As TTocsic stated, Zedic is someone to look up to, but there is no doubt his derp moments can be a bad influence. I think he needs a talk but not a removal.

I guess certain people are disappointed that Zedic isn't a tactical realism sperg like they are, I can't think of any other rational for this as Zedic is pretty much a symbol for this community.

For what it's worth either way, the only time I've ever seen zedic screwing off is after a mission objective is complete and it's time to rtb, seemingly to relieve some of the tension of being on edge the whole mission. I'm aware 'that's no excuse' but it is very different from much of the derp that goes on mid mission that causes objectives to be failed.

As much as Zedic goofs off every once in a while, I think this poll deserves a HELL NO response. Zedic helps the community a lot more than he hurts it. Zedic is on the server more than a majority of the regulars and every time he is on, he is helping someone learn something new. Half of the regulars who go on the server to play, only play. Zedic goes on to the server to play and assist other players in improving their knowledge and game play ability. Despite the times, like mentioned in the poll where Zedic goes a little nuts, he is a model regular. Truly don't understand what removing him will accomplish.

I didn't put this thread up if anyone may have thought otherwise.

I am voting no however, Zedic does not need to be removed. He just needs to understand he can't do what he's like because he is bored and has a reputation here.

However, I also do not think he is a model regular or a symbol for UO. To be that, you need to be it all the time. You can't order helos to fly into mountains, commandeer helicopters, thrown smoke grenades at people or have pilots spool up and down for one's own amusement. You can't be a part time symbol, a model regular for half the time.

I've known Zedic since I was 14, I am now 22. I consider him as good of a friend you can have on the internet. But we have standards here and they need to be kept. In short, when Zedic is good, he is great. But he needs to understand he can't use his rep and position here to get away with whatever he decides to do when he is bored. Fix that and then yes, a model regular and symbol for UO.

On one hand I agree with every positive that is brought up in here but on another I feel slightly disappointed that if it was anyone else it would have been a very long removal from the community without question.

Voted no. If the price we have to pay to have Zedic around is that occasionally he needs to go postal, whatever. I'd rather he didn't, but at this point, the positives outweigh the negatives by a margin too large to quantify.