Hawkeye

[Poll and Discussion] Ending polls early

Allow ending a poll early?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Allow ending a poll early?

• Yes
    • No

Feedback tends to not happen in regular posts.

Lets be honest, does a person really want to hear from 17 people that they are bad at this or that? I think its more respectful to not hammer a guy on the same points over and over when one person saying they need improvement would suffices.

Lets be honest, does a person really want to hear from 17 people that they are bad at this or that? I think its more respectful to not hammer a guy on the same points over and over when one person saying they need improvement would suffices.

Is this for real?most no votes come from "I don't like this guy" as opposed to bad capabilities in the said individual that can be measured and corrected with guidance, if you are running a community thats based on evaluating the performance of individuals and achieving a certain bar in order to become a Regular not providing feedback is counterproductive to the goal of making people better and improving the gameplay on the server, if we are to employ a metaphor you are letting people feast in their own urine without them knowing why you are staying away from them.

This proposed changed is a good idea, for a community that prides itself on being mature too many here are eager to let humiliating polls continue because of "maturity" and "bureaucracy", what do you obtain in the community when you let polls run that are obviously failing and the person behind them does not want them to run any longer?what did the community achieve in that StatusRed poll after he decided that he didn't want to be a Regular anymore beside humiliating him further?there was no maturity in that thread, there was bureaucracy and humiliation, it turned in to "you don't decide if you want to be a Regular or not, we do", yet afterwards I heard Regulars complaining that StatusRed was making the Regulars look bad in that thread :mellow:

Ending a vote prematurely may not always benefit the individual. When someone polls for regular or officer positions they need to be mature enough to be able to fill that spot. A sure sign of maturity is being able to take feedback from your peers. By allowing them to cancel it short could prevent them from understanding why their poll is failing.

Stop saying two things each on one end of the scale.

Zzez said it quite correctly, nothing but bureaucracy and butthurt happens in regular threads. For the people that are supposed to represent the CORE of uo players to be shown up in a thread that could have easily been prevented through simply talking about the issue and giving statusred a reasonable discussion as to why (feedback happens in regular threads though!). Like I said in statusreds hilarious ban thread, nothing will be changed, and that makes me sad.