Macaco

[COMPLETED] Unofficial Course: Basic mortar gunnery [2013-05-09] 2000z

COURSE: Basic Mortar Gunnery

DATE: Thursday, 9 May 2013

TIME: 2000 Zulu

PREREQUISITES: Basic math skills (or a calculator) and something to write with.

MAXIMUM COURSE CANDIDATES: 12

WHAT: Teaching basic gunnery skills required to operate mortars

WHY: To ensure that users are able to operate mortar weapon systems quickly and efficiently on the primary.

WHERE: Training Server 1

REMARKS: This will be a basic course on the aiming and loading of mortar. It will not include how to receive and calculate fire missions. That will be included in a later course on FDCing that I will hold at a later date. However this will give you the skills needed to slot as a mortar gunner and loader on the primary.

SIGNUP:

In-Game name

Edited by Macaco

Alright, that's 12. any further signups will be in reserve. If this goes well I'll hold another class, for those that didn't/can't make this one.

I'm being called into work, however I will most likely be back before the class begins, so everything will still be good.

Apologies to everyone who showed up on time, today was supposed to be a holiday but my boss didn't like that idea so I was called in anyways, and thus I showed up half an hour late. Thank you for slider for starting them off, and thank you to everyone who stuck around long enough for me to arrive. You all did great!

No problem man, any time. Sorry I had to leave early. Actually, everyone that came in at the start was there when you came.

Thanks for giving your time to this course Macaco. It was very useful to the point where I ended up gunning in the primary server straight afterwards and our first fire mission was on target!

I read somewhere you might be running the same course again in a week or two. If I may, the only thing I thought the session was missing was some instruction of the commands and protocol used in relation to being a leader, gunner or assistant. I think it would be even more useful if you could add these next time, but as it stands it was a useful session which gave me confidence in and enthusiasm for the role.

Such was my enthusiasm I also later went back onto the training server and (successfully) taught myself the basic FDC calculations, first using map tools, then the Vector21B (and DAGR).

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to the FDC course.