Sign in to follow this  
CDN_Coolrayice

Arma 3

Hi everyone I joined yesterday with very little knowledge of Arma gameplay, since I've been playing BF3 since the beginning I thought I would try something new , I currently own Arma 3 Alpha on steam and I'm waiting to get into some team play so could you let me know when your next match is because I would like to get my feet wet in the game thank-you

We don't really have scheduled matches, however UO prime time is roughly 1 to 5 pm PST.

Just a heads up though, you may be disappointed because, while a lot of people here have the game, most people still prefer to play ArmA 2.

One of the main things keeping people here playing ARMA 3 right now, from the perspective of someone who's not very active or observant, is the lack of ACE and lack of content released at the moment. BI are (supposedly) going to be trickling content into the alpha as they deem things need to be tested (or have I been mistaken?) Right now there's only so few units and vehicles because they felt those were the things most polished and needed testing the most right now. Once the game gets closer to being feature complete and has more toys to play with and perhaps ACE mod, then maybe you'll see people playing ARMA 3.

Ozy, you're correct in that content is going to be updated, but I believe incorrect on the method: once BI move from an Alpha to a Beta, all of the proposed content should be present.

I would argue that content isn't really the main issue here, it's that, at the moment, the game is an early test model and we still have a polished version of ArmA2 to keep us busy in peak times before A3 is released fully.

Hey guys, just curious is Arma3 worth buying at this time? Or would it be better to wait? Some of the videos I have seen especially Dslyecxi's vid really sold me. Tracer

Edited by Tracer1

I'd wait unless you want to mess around with mission creation or editing alone.

If you can get A2 you will get much more action right now.

Edited by GloryAndPain

Honestly, if you're going to wait to buy it, it might be more worth it to buy now seeing as it's at a discounted price.

Unless if you're OK with waiting until after release when the sale brings it down to a even lower price.

EDIT: I'm not aware if you're deciding between ArmA 2 and ArmA 3, or already own ArmA 2 and deciding whether or not to pick up ArmA 3.

Edited by Andrew

Hey guys, just curious is Arma3 worth buying at this time? Or would it be better to wait? Some of the videos I have seen especially Dslyecxi's vid really sold me. Tracer

Currently its cheaper so if money is a key factor for you it is worth buying

Arma 3 is still full of bugs and it lacks features but it surely is worth it's money when we will get the full release.

Just prepare yourself that it might not work when you download it. I have a high-end computer and for some reason I wasn't able to play it longer than 2 minutes

until I got the update to the latest DEV build.

A reason that isn't mentioned i believe is that you can participate in testing the alpha and help ironing out bugs before the beta/release.

There is also a bigger chance that suggestions for game features will be added if you report them now.

IMPORTANT EDIT:

If you do decide to buy it., than buy it through the UO website link.

That way some money of the sale will flow back to us.

http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/17311-united-operations-arma-3-sale/

Edited by enforcer