Fluffer

UOTC: JTAC Part 1 [2013-04-19] 2100Z

jtac3_zpsb4fa0b9c.jpg

COURSE: JTAC (Joint Terminal Attack Controller)

DATE: April 19th 2013

TIME: 2100 Zulu (subject to change +/- 1 HR)

MAXIMUM COURSE CANDIDATES: 12

PREREQUISITES: Famil, Land Nav, RTO, HEAVY understanding of Company up to Battaliion level movements and admission decided by course instructor.

BRIEF OUTLINE:

WHAT: Joint Terminal Attack Controllers are the ground force commanders voice to the air assets. They provide direct fire support and coordination within the AOR to project air power to complete objectives outlined by the GFC.

WHY: Provide deconfliction support, theory of CAS, ensure proper mission planning and execution of GFC intent to the maximum potential utilizing available air assets.

WHERE: The skills taught during this course can be used during any mission you participate in or these communication techniques can be utilized in other gaming mediums.

Remarks:This will be a three part course covered in 3 sections. Day 1: Theory and Concept of Close Air Support lecture // Day 2: Formal training and application of Air power // Day 3: Scenario Engagement and Examination.

Application format:

Name:

Pre-req experience:

Game Tag:

Suggested review material prior to application for this course. (Credits to Krause)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly0y0oUAgyY&list=FLp0A7PGFgiG5NoqC6xV-VWw&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Edited by Impulse 9

Name: Kazu

Pre-req experience:

-- Familiarization Course

-- Fireteam Operations

-- Squad Leadership

-- Rotary Utility Pilot

-- Radio Telephone Operator

-- Basic Mechanized

-- Land Nav ( Will participate in the nearest course)

Game Tag: Kazu

Name: StatusRed

Pre-req experience: Familiarisation, Fireteam Operations, RTO, Land Navigation, AT Weapons and Employment, Mission Briefing / Planning, Machine Gunner. I've also practiced with some clan mates doing mock up CAS missions, with 9 lines etc..

Game Tag: StatusRed

Hey Fluffer, I would love to attend this again, would also be okay with doing CAS for you.

Name: Gabee

Pre-req: all, including JTAC

Game Tag: Gabe

Disreguard: Timing of course means no guarantee for me.

Edited by Gabee

I can fly for this.

Heads up though that the next weekend I'm in NYC, and starting a little more than a week into May we're putting out to sea for 2 months or so.

Edited by HellHound

In-Game name: Macaco

Pre-reqs: Famil, RTO, Nav, Rotary Wing Competence(for what it's worth)

I took it last time it was offered by Godhand but got a bit flustered on the exam. With the extra experience and practice time I've had I believe I can do much better this time.

If admission isn't granted I can fly instead. I understand 9 lines, I just had issues at the time forming them quickly.

Additionally, if anyone already knows 9 lines and wants to practice them, poke me on ts if I'm not in game.

Name: Wingless

Prereq experience:

Familiarization

FTOPS

Basic CQB

Adv. CQB

RTO

Land Nav.

Machine gunner

Limited Experience with 9 lines on primary (Functioned as JTAC several times)

Game tag: Wingless

Course I've been looking forward to for a long time. As stated, I have stepped up as JTAC on previous occasions. Know the basic 9-line format and some JTAC terms and how to set them up (IP's, HP etc.)

Name: The BrentP

Pre-Reqs:

-- Familiarization Course

-- Artilery Crewman M119

-- FDC

-- Navigation

-- AT Weapons and Employment

-- Basic Close Quarter Combat

-- Basic MOUT

-- Adv. Close Quarter Combat

-- Rotary Wing Competence

-- Machine Gunner

Game Tag: BrentP

I can never get in for the RTO course. Will this be an issue?

Is it possible to attend part II/III when part one has been taken previously in a former course?

Would love to finally get all parts done to the end. I would not at all mind attending part I again, though I don't wanna occupy a slot, would rather give it to someone else that hasn't taken it yet. Especially since I can't guarantee that I will make it to part II and III (depending on dates, got a very inconsistent schedule).

Should there be a slot left, please consider my sign up. If more than 12 people signed up, put me in reserve. Thanks!

Name: Whiplash

Pre-req experience: All checked. Additions: Attended a former JTAC course by Godhand and attended your previous course (couldn't make it to part III back then). Might lack some understanding of company up to battalion level movements due to no experience other than reading through basic tactics (hardly ever got to play a mission that was company+ sized).

Game Tag: Whiplash [hrT]

I can never get in for the RTO course. Will this be an issue?

There will be a RTO training tonight, 2300Zulu

I would also like to participate to this training.

Prerequisite Experience: Famil. Course, Navigation, RTO, and indeed HEAVY understanding of Company up to Battaliion level movements and admission decided by course instructor.

GameTag: TTocsic

I know I can and always try to be a major asset to UO's matches and operations. Although I have still no experience in being a modder or mapmaker (though I just started the progress in Arma III and might grow with the development of the game) I always wanted to be a good leader. Being a JTAC is a basis of this I can imagine. One step closer to being a solid leader, this way I can also get closer to the actual excelent leaders in the field that UO can enjoy and thus get experience being their direct right-hand as JTAC.

Name: Gusy

Pre Req:

Familarization Course

Fireteam Operations

Fireteam Leadership

Radio Telephone Operator

Navigation

In Game Name: Gusy

Have acceptance messages gone out yet? As in if we haven't heard anything yet we aren't in, or will that be handled at a later date closer to the course?

Not going to make it.

Due to the fact that the RTO class was canceled at the last second, then it was decided that it wasn't and then the class was full when I tried to join back.... Love this place.

Edited by The BrentP

Not going to make it.

Due to the fact that the RTO class was canceled at the last second, then it was decided that it wasn't and then the class was full when I tried to join back....

Not that I have a say, but I think you would still be granted a slot here. I mean you even got real live experience and especially as a Regular that takes leadership roles a fair amount of time I would imagine your comms are good enough. And you probably also know how to set up your own comms.

Hey Fluffer, I can now attend/assist with this, timing worked out and I am now free on this date.

I can help out with whatever.

Name: Draey

Pre-req experience: Fam Course, FT operations, RTO, Navigation, Combat Lifesaver (CLS)

Game Tag: Draey

All who sign up are cleared to attend, however this is a very selective course and missing one event or not being able to pass the final exam will result in a Performance Drop or Attendance Drop.

Sorry my schedule keeps fluctuating but I once again cannot attend/assist this as I am now working on this date.

My apologies

Has anyone got any idea as to when part II and part III would be taught? I'm asking as I'll be in Canada and Alaska from early to late May.