The BrentP

New Activision Rendering Engine....

>Develops new engine

>Still uses Q3 for COD

This, COD is like a drug, they just change the flavor once in a while but its the same old crap.

And they cant even spend the time to make the pupils dilate. It just stands out so much during the whole video.

That and the fact that the mouth has nothing rendered inside of it, other than a gaping black void.

All in all very impressive. I will be sure to look out for this when I want an entire game devoted to staring at someone's face.

I think they are working on the inside of the mouth (i.e. tongue, pallet, etc.)

At least that's what I read somewhere on the webernets. This just shows what they are capable of in terms of rendering, so hopefully it can be adapted to things like environment to give a full experience.

All in all very impressive. I will be sure to look out for this when I want an entire game devoted to staring at someone's face.

man, I cant wait for these next gen engines to be coming out. The future of gaming looks so awesome

That vid alone requires the whole processing power of a PS4. Games will NOT be looking like that in quite a while.

The crysis 3 however present us with magnificent face expression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE9Zlc_CoQs

*I'm sorry for double post.I'm used to auto merging posts.Also I tried to change [media] into for

this last post video but it wanted to go it's own way.

Edited by enex

When will they release a model with hair? I like the fact that they have these super-realistic rendered faces, but this 'bald guy render' is becoming quite a trend. Still, it looks great though.

Its taking so much power just to render one face. It ll be a long time before we get any games were everything is like this, especially with consoles holding us back.

Played the new Tomb Raider with TressFX?

TressFX is a step in the right direction although it inst all that great. Ill consider it a step forward when they are finally able to render characters getting under and out of bed covers and it not looking like its made of segmented sheets of plate metal.

That vid alone requires the whole processing power of a PS4. Games will NOT be looking like that in quite a while.

Ah I don't know about that - look at games just 5 years ago.

Its taking so much power just to render one face. It ll be a long time before we get any games were everything is like this, especially with consoles holding us back.

TressFX is a step in the right direction although it inst all that great. Ill consider it a step forward when they are finally able to render characters getting under and out of bed covers and it not looking like its made of segmented sheets of plate metal.

It's coming fren. I've also noticed a decrease in popularity of the console even with the next-gens on the horizon. I've got 4 personal friends who were all about console and waiting on the NextBox....as of right now each one of them is about 50% done with a PC build.

Ah I don't know about that - look at games just 5 years ago.

I think that according to the given specifications for the PS4 and for that video, the estimation was that it'd barely work at all. If I recall right the computational performance of the PS4 is at 1,84 teraflops. That video requires slightly over 2 teraflops to render.

That top video, without any context, is a man who really enjoys yogurt parfaits and frozen fruit. He thinks about how much he loves yogurt, contemplates his decisions to get yogurt, and then reels in shock because he has no money for yogurt.

Story of my life.

Looks great, but to be honest I prefer realistic gameplay and the ability to use motion tracking ingame/body tracking ingame and the oculus rift over cooool faces.