Appe96

How did you hear about UO?

As the topic suggest. How did you hear about UO?

I personally found it when I was browsing on a few Arma 2 videos on youtube for about a year ago. It wasn't though untill a few weeks ago that I joined, because for some reason I thought that you had to be 18 to join.

Edited by Appe96

I found out about UO through playing BF2's Project Reality mod. I was in the PRT (Project Reality Tournament) and was a contributor at PRTA, I found out through people I met on PR basically, ever since I started playing at UO I haven't gone back to PR, it's just so much better here.

I believe a few other people have also come here from PR.

I saw the server on my browser list and thought, "Hey, it's hugely popular whilst private - it must have something awesome to attract so many people on a difficult-to-access server". My idolized idea of the quality led to the long process of installing all the necessary elements to join. :)

I heard of UO by playing at TacticalGamer, name came up once. Checked it out, now I play at both communities.

Some guy called cheesemenbashi talked about UO when we both played else where and I payed a visit, so yeah blame him.

Contrails talked about it, ended up trying it for a bit, leaving and coming back a year or so later.

Edited by Andrew

Everyone jumped ship. The arma irregulars soon followed a day later after skin poked me informing me of what went down.

Edited by fusionpoo

Romagnolo's youtube video's

75-blushing-.png

I wonder how many I brought to UO...

Well, I used to play PR, I came across Tactical Gamer, played Arma there a few times. Then Cephey told me about UO and here I am.

i watched videos on ACRE because my old guys i played with didnt wanna use it... So i learnt it on the sideline. And then decided that UO was the place after inactivity from my old clan...

Well, I got coaxed into playing at TG for about a year before UO started. Never participated in anything, just played ArmA there. Mainly cause they had a decent population on every day, for more ArmA times than two days a week at Zeus. Completely missed all the drama and mutiny that started UO, just that I was told "UO is the new TG!" and started playing here about a month after it started. Still didn't do anything but play on the server, and didn't do anything during my 2011 "vacation" to Kosovo, but when I came back I started doing forum stuff more.

tl;dr - Blame Cheese.

Hmmm, I randomly found Shacktac videos and started watching those, and on the sidebar I saw one of Tassel's Famil training videos. Watched that and decided to come try out UO

I was looking at Arma2 videos in Youtube and somehow stumble upon an UO training course video, where Zedic was instructing a Basic Soldier Skills Course.