StatusRed

United Operations - Jargon Explained

RVP - Rendezvous Point

RV is the correct Initialism for Rendezvous Point (usually followed by a number, i.e RV1, RV2, RV3).

Should be an easily identifiable position along the route to conduct security halts, make sure everyone is there & if you get lost you can rendezvous with the rest of your unit at the next RV.

*edit*

Addition:

IDF - Indirect Fire (Mortars/Artillery)

Example:

"Incoming IDF!"

Edited by Herbiie

Pretty sure you can edit your own posts in this section now. At least I can.

Also, Axis of Advance is never abbreviated as AA, just shortened to Axis. AA can either stand for Assembly Area or Avenue of Approach, although the latter is really only used when analyzing COAs and doesn't apply to Arma.

I'll change AA, and I'm unable to edit any of most posts in this thread; must be a regular thing.

RV is the correct Initialism for Rendezvous Point (usually followed by a number, i.e RV1, RV2, RV3).

Should be an easily identifiable position along the route to conduct security halts, make sure everyone is there & if you get lost you can rendezvous with the rest of your unit at the next RV.

*edit*

Addition:

IDF - Indirect Fire (Mortars/Artillery)

Example:

"Incoming IDF!"

Cheers for the addition and "Incoming IDF!" made me laugh, because I was thinking along the lines of IDF = Israeli Defence Force. :)

Yeah, I know, and it's already included in the list, along with FRV and ERV, but "RVP" is not real.

Edited by Albatross

Yeah, I know, and it's already included in the list, along with FRV and ERV, but "RVP" is not real.

Wasn't clear from your post whether you meant just the RVP bit or the entire thing, sorry bro <3

Line: everyone standing side by side. Example: Squad form a line bearing 220!

Collum: everyone standing behind/in front of each other. Example: Blue team, form a collum on me!

People really needs to learn the difference between these two...

Wedge: V shaped formation with the point facing the direction of travel

V: V shaped formation with the legs facing the direction of travel

Collum: everyone standing behind/in front of each other. Example: Blue team, form a collum on me!

To avoid confusion, we actually refer to this as a file.