Sign in to follow this  
FoeHammer

ArmA 2 weapons

So, as much as I like the new weapons in ArmA 3, the only thing I miss more than 5.56 is Blufors LMG. Idk if it's just a temp model for the alpha, but currently it's a modified MXM with a fat 100 round stanag and a bipod. Does anyone have any plans to port over the M16's, M4's, M249's and M240's from ArmA 2? The HMMWV's would be nice but I can see them breaking because of the new physics.

Apparently the ArmA3 engine is backwards-compatible with ArmA2's weapons platform, so it should be as easy as modders importing their content to A3.

Also, the Mk200 is technically classified as an OPFOR weapon, but fires red tracers. So... it's like a M249 on steroids.

The engine is backwards compatible in as much as it can read the model files and weapon configs have changed very slightly to include new features (the new muzzle flashes and attachment system). Animations have also changed and most likely will not be compatible with A2 models.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_2_Weapon_to_Arma_3

That said, forward porting of BIS content that involves publicly distributing BIS artwork is against the EULA. I personally think the best bet would be to use the ACE weapons (assuming they have ownership of the models) and fill in the blanks with new content.

Also, the Mk200 is technically classified as an OPFOR weapon, but fires red tracers. So... it's like a M249 on steroids.

I think the M200 is supposed to be a blufor weapon, but it's standing in for the opfor LMG in the alpha since blufor already had the MX SW.

You can directly import ARMA 2 assets into ARMA 3 as addons. There are some bugs, but they're usable.

Edited by Rich

Knowing this, is there any possibility of grouping together a bunch of mods which we could use to create a more UO friendly experience in the Arma 3 Alpha?

Edited by Peter

Knowing this, is there any possibility of grouping together a bunch of mods which we could use to create a more UO friendly experience in the Arma 3 Alpha?

This would be very nice on our server. I second this.

If they are ported over from ACE, it should be the same recoil.

Those are sudden's Russkies... Nothing to do with ACE...

EDIT: sudden's AK74M pack is in ACE so i'm guessing it got you confused...

Edited by Best2nd