Sign in to follow this  
Tasel

DCS: World TVT Event #3 AAR

Was a great event and I think it was much better than the last one. But again some people had no luck and couldn't fly because of connection issues.

I was flying one of the A-10 on BLUFOR. All I destroyed was a Strela and a Shilka. But before we ended the mission I was trying to do a gun run on a Tunguska and Strela which wasn't a good idea but after I ejected my plane managed to do a pefect belly landing. :D

I've recorded my first engagement and the last engagement. I will upload them soon.

And again thank you for showing up and thanks to 373rd for hosting this event!

Tell us your story!

Unfortunately I wasn't able to connect/was repeatedly disconnected from the server, which was annoying. However, from comms things sounded pretty cool, would definitely be willing to try again.

I agree, much better than the previous one due to both sides having a ground commander all the time. I made some screenshots from the tank battles I had with Greg, will check them out and see if I got got anything worth posting :)

For everyone having connection issues with "Connection Interrupted" try checking out this post. It helped me out pretty good with online play in DCS.

(link to thread removed).

Edited by Force_Majeure

I'm glad the event went well for most. Thank you again to the 373rd for giving us access to their dedicated server and for their attendance. Early on I was having some connection issues in the form of "ping timeout" as well as some game freezes. When I got off the ground, however, it was smooth as silk. I had a real life issue that came up about 2.3 hours into the event and I had to depart, though I hope it was fun for the rest of the event.

Twice in a row now my nosewheel tire blew out upon a soft landing. Last time all of Merlo's tires blew out and it happened again to Tasel this time. It might be some kind of desync issue.

As for the future of UOAF DCS TVT events, v1.2.3 and muliplayer stability is a must. It appears that ED has emerged into the 21st century by allocating some development resources into multiplayer. I mean afterall, we can all agree that the future of all simulations and PC gaming as a whole is singleplayer, right? It makes sense to me :/

Great event that can only get better. When I have more time we can improve Frontline_Kareli and possibly make more meeshuns. I believe the terrain offered by this meeshun is perfect and any future TVT meeshuns should have similar terrain.

Force

Sorry I missed this, but I'm glad it went fine.

Twice in a row now my nosewheel tire blew out upon a soft landing. Last time all of Merlo's tires blew out and it happened again to Tasel this time. It might be some kind of desync issue.

To be fair, last time I did come in bit too hard, and that caused me to lose the rear tires. The nosewheel was doing surprisingly well.

When I could finally stay connected I enjoyed the event greatly, maybe somewhat useless in my role because by the time I had gotten into battle Endy was already on the front line rendering any intellegence fairly useless.

I almost shot down the other KA-50, he was lucky a rowland decided to take a pop at me 0.5nm away from max. range.

I discovered the Tunguska can't hit shit. Ever. All you have to do to avoid the missiles is bob up and down and they will fly right by you.

For everyone having connection issues with "Connection Interrupted" try checking out this post. It helped me out pretty good with online play in DCS

http://forums.eagle....ternet+settings

THIS POST and THREAD IS OUTDATED, ED changed something and setting your net settings to ANY setting does not make ANY difference whatsoever. ****.

Hello guys!

We really enjoyed the event! Thanks again!

I think the ground battles were epic... You could see everywhere destroyed tanks and smoke :biggrin: I had a hard time against the T-80's and when I tried to counter attack the enemy KA-50 (Verox) arrived to take my last hope away ... I almost cried when I saw these BMP2 & T-80 groups marching to the West :laugh:

We are looking forward for the next one. Panthir has designed a mission (Name : Up to the end ) in which the scenario is to take out the enemy's tanks but the distance is smaller than in Frontline Kareli.

We could send it to you to check it if you like .

See you soon :cool:

Edited by 373rd_greg

Bloodbane, set it to LAN. Any other setting will not change anything for the better and people reported toying with that cause warping on the server.

*EDIT*

If you want to see the saddest thread on the internet, here is the 1.2.3 release thread: http://forums.eagle....ead.php?t=99109

Bloodbane, set it to LAN. Any other setting will not change anything for the better and people reported toying with that cause warping on the server.

Tried that for 60 minutes, that's not the issue.

Edited by BloodBane611

For the next event i'm looking to fly as an AFAC for another 4 ship. I think it would be a lot of fun to have a dedicated A-10C use smoke and sensors to mark targets for other A-10's. Frontline_Kareli really demonstrated that the Ka-50 is an excellent and survivable scout helicopter. It was great to be vectored in by Greg and then unload our mavericks right on the spot. I'll try playing around with the AFAC role in a future meeshun later.

Force