Static

UO MSO Suggestions

Tested it on 7/6/13 and a couple things

1) some ranks were off (CL was a private, SLs were cpl )

2) some of the ospreys crashed while trying to resupply

3) While re spawning, Me and one or two other people got knocked out making it so that we had to re slot

4) Radios on the back were not detected but instead we had to drop it and pick them back up for the script to recognize them.

played with 8 people. we tried to do an objective, they crashed, PJs (players) were called in, picked up survivers, blown up randomly, moved to Mike 2 to setup an FOB, got destroyed, quit. <-- how we tested while using most of the calls (CASEVAC, CAS, Supply, Satellite, etc)

most of it worked but the things mentioned were some of the game braking thisgs.

Edited by Nathan423

Just saw this video:

seems like having civilians able to treat you medically might be a little unrealistic lol...

Just saw this video:

seems like having civilians able to treat you medically might be a little unrealistic lol...

I've played MSO for around 4 years, ever since Rommel started it and I've never had a civilian treat me. Though there is some parameters around ambulances coming to heal other civilians when injured--that was to not counter the reputation scripts when some civilian randomly fell off a roof and killed themselves.

Logistics definitely need to play a huge role.

Would there be a way to make it so you can only respawn if your body is recovered, placed on a bodybag/stretcher/vehicle and once you bring it back to the medics at a main FOB somewhere, that way you actually need Evac procedures?

that's the one thing I feel is missing from a good MSO, extracting casualties.

It's ACE, not an MSO issue...

Although if I recall correctly, there is a variable that controls whether the AI can treat casualties from other groups.

Either way, it's probably a good one to sort out before an MSO.  If we can't use morphine/epi, I doubt the civvies would be able to either.

So, an MSO is like domi, in the nature that it's a continuous thing that sits on the server always up and people can hop in and out at will? Except it's less Domi than Domi?

Would there be a way to make it so you can only respawn if your body is recovered, placed on a bodybag/stretcher/vehicle and once you bring it back to the medics at a main FOB somewhere, that way you actually need Evac procedures?

that's the one thing I feel is missing from a good MSO, extracting casualties.

I too think it'd be a good and fun idea to put all my gametime in the hands of other players, as well as punish anyone who did anything without higher command on the server and got messed over. Small squad doing patrols in a humvee on low pop? Sure, go ahead! Save you got hit by one insurgent hanging out in a off-the-road town and will likely never be found until you make a forum post.

While it's a interesting idea in theory, it would be horrible for gameplay.

So, an MSO is like domi, in the nature that it's a continuous thing that sits on the server always up and people can hop in and out at will? Except it's less Domi than Domi?

Read this: thearmainterviews.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/the-interviews-part-3-mso-multi-session.html

Edited by Rye

Either way, it's probably a good one to sort out before an MSO.  If we can't use morphine/epi, I doubt the civvies would be able to either.

We can, it's just that STHud and CRACK Notepad glitched Interact for me...

So... Static sort of doesn't have time to do this anymore. He also sort of offered to me. As soon as I have time to talk to Static again I will sort that out.

Before anyone panics, I plan to make the MSO more of a community project take suggestions openly so it can be created to the communities liking.

Okay, so the go-to-guys as of right now are: Darksidesix, Synxe and myself. Message them if you any ideas/suggestions/concerns.

At this point we are considering starting the MSO from scratch while extracting some of the work already put into the other version due to it currently being a "cluster fuck" as it has been explained to me. I will be finishing up a project for Ruben and then devoting my full attention to this MSO. I have no estimated time-frame for how long it will take. I wish for it to be ready sometime in August, but I will need to evaluate more in order to get an estimate.

By from scratch do you mean opening up an empty editor and starting from there, or rebuilding one from the pre-existing MSO framework?

Okay, so the go-to-guys as of right now are: Darksidesix, Synxe and myself. Message them if you any ideas/suggestions/concerns.

At this point we are considering starting the MSO from scratch while extracting some of the work already put into the other version due to it currently being a "cluster fuck" as it has been explained to me. I will be finishing up a project for Ruben and then devoting my full attention to this MSO. I have no estimated time-frame for how long it will take. I wish for it to be ready sometime in August, but I will need to evaluate more in order to get an estimate.

Gabe are we going to use PersistantDB with the MSO? Or any external database for that mattter? Since we don't have it now (at least to my knowledge), many of the current functions don't work and the MSO is effectively broken.

Also, I'd be fine doing some consulting work for you guys also (just ask for my help), and I'd also be more than happy to audit it before you finalize it to check for errors / unoptimized code / security vulnerabilities.

By from scratch do you mean opening up an empty editor and starting from there, or rebuilding one from the pre-existing MSO framework?

It would have been from the pre-existing framework. I currently plan to edit it in its current state, as it shouldn't be too hard to fix current errors.

Gabe are we going to use PersistantDB with the MSO? Or any external database for that mattter? Since we don't have it now (at least to my knowledge), many of the current functions don't work and the MSO is effectively broken.

Also, I'd be fine doing some consulting work for you guys also (just ask for my help), and I'd also be more than happy to audit it before you finalize it to check for errors / unoptimized code / security vulnerabilities.

I would love to have help from as many people as possible in order to make it as good as it can be. That being said I would like to talk with you in TS later today.

Best experience I've had at UO. It was an unreal week. Will help testing as soon as I'm back.

Week 2: "Somebody screwed up the server, now all known terrorist organizations in the world are in Ovallestan. Outstanding."

Week 2: "Somebody screwed up the server, now all known terrorist organizations in the world are in Ovallestan. Outstanding."

and they always have IEDs

Please begin posting ideas below, currently ideas I have been giving include making an ISAF company, 3 platoons (1 German, 1 British, and 1 US) and then 1 ISAF company commander. I may even make one of the platoon mechanized. It wouldn't be the most common thing, so I would like to get opinions/other suggestions below.

~ Gabe ~

Please begin posting ideas below, currently ideas I have been giving include making an ISAF company, 3 platoons (1 German, 1 British, and 1 US) and then 1 ISAF company commander. I may even make one of the platoon mechanized. It wouldn't be the most common thing, so I would like to get opinions/other suggestions below.

~ Gabe ~

I like this idea, it keeps it fresh and Interesting.

So, cut the last idea, maybe go fully mechanized, and have to travel up Clafghan in vehicles?

Are there paladins? It would be cool to put them in the corner of the map and make them actually have to move to get into range.