Heinsmann

J.S.R.S 1.5

I am waiting for your feedback in this. I currently can not test on the server due to my ISP being a giant pile of shit and pushing 25% packetloss.

The key is added in at present. I will be checking in on Server RPT and performance on what aspects I can. I will need users to submit their impact of running this in place of ACEX_SM or JSRS.

i have both JSRS files successfully dled from sixupdater. How do I add JSRS 1.5 to our UO preset to test it out and do I need to delete any mods once it's added? thanks for letting me know as I'm really hoping to test this mod out; heard nothing but great things about it.

Can we get the ACE part of JSRS suppoted? ATM it seems you can't join with it on.

More to follow.

Seems to not allow it at all.

My RPT

Warning Message: Files "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@JSRS 1.5\addons\jsrs_2a14.pbo", "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@JSRS 1.5\addons\jsrs_2a14_c.pbo", "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@JSRS 1.5\addons\jsrs_2a38m.pbo", "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@JSRS 1.5\addons\jsrs_2a38m_c.pbo", "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@JSRS 1.5\addons\jsrs_2a42.pbo", "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@JSRS 1.5\addons\jsrs_2a42_c.pbo", ... are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

ok so i downloaded the file impulse. Do I just place the @JSRS 1.5 and @JSRS_ACE in the ARMA II OA root folder and the ServerKey in the server keys folder? Any sound mods I need to delete or any other steps I am missing?

EDIT: Same issue as Jub, just added JSRS and JSRS ACE to our preset, launched the game, and got the same error about not being able to join. I'm real confused here. like I said, i downloaded the file you just provided impulse, with the serverkey. Do I need to copy and replace my old JSRS files with the ones provided even though they are both version 1.5? Also, where do I put the server key that is part of the package you provided?

thanks again for clearing up this confusion.

Edited by ComradeLucifer

ok so i downloaded the file impulse. Do I just place the @JSRS 1.5 and @JSRS_ACE in the ARMA II OA root folder and the ServerKey in the server keys folder? Any sound mods I need to delete or any other steps I am missing?

Yeah put them in the folder you have ACE and all that good stuff in. Then make a folder called "Keys" in BOTH ace and normal JSRS mod folders. I personally use a BATCH file that i made with six for ease of use, so I don't know how to add it to six.

Jub, by "ACE and all that good stuff" do you mean the folder with all of our mods? that would be my ARMA ii oa root folde (steamapps/common/ARMA ii Operation arrowheadr. That folder has a folder called keys inside of it , as does the @JSRS folder. So i should have the JSRS key present in both locations? the root folder location and the specific @JSRS 1.5 location?

can't edit my post. Clearly not understanding something. I have JSRS added to our preset, I copied the key to the @ACE folder where I made a keys folder as you said jub, made sure the key was also in the JSRS folder. Still no dice. Everytime i try to connect to server i get kicked am told to remove the offending files or install additional required keys. Not really sure what Im doing wrong here...

can't edit my post. Clearly not understanding something. I have JSRS added to our preset, I copied the key to the @ACE folder where I made a keys folder as you said jub, made sure the key was also in the JSRS folder. Still no dice. Everytime i try to connect to server i get kicked am told to remove the offending files or install additional required keys. Not really sure what Im doing wrong here...

NO! I meant the JSRS_ACE and JSRS 1.5 folders..

ah! so i need to make sure that key is present in the two JSRS folders. I see. I'll remove the keys file I made in @ace then. EDIT: Well, the key is present in both sixupdater @JSRS files. So still not sure why I'm getting a key error. I'll have to hop on TS tomorrow most likely

Edited by ComradeLucifer

well, i give up for now, try again tomorrow. Both mods have the same key in respective keys folders as well as the key being present in a generic folder in the root path steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead. Don't know what I'm doing wrong, but each time I try to log onto the server I am told that I need to get additional keys or remove the offending files. Like I said, I'll try TS tomorow, just thought I'd post one last update in case anybody knows how to fix this. Its kinda a shame, I was really hoping to try this JSRS sound quality I keep hearing so much about :(

I appreciate the time you've taken to make this happen Impulse. I'm hoping that play tests and stress tests will provide different results than the last version of JSRS. Anyone know if the addon dependency is still in for mission making?

Anyone know if the addon dependency is still in for mission making?

Nope, as far as I can tell.

Ran the mod, edited a mission a little, saved it, ran it, checked the mission.sqm, and no JSRS in there.

On a personal note, the UH-60 sounds are improved over ACE. The startup/shutdown ones are odd, seem like a generic sound. But the in-flight sound seems more like a UH-60 hovering instead of at zero pitch on the ground like ACE's. And has more of that T-700 whine to it. Though, I can't comment on how accurate it is to the UH-60M's swept-down rotortips, which is what is supposed to be represented in-game.

Remember to remove the @ACE_SM, otherwise the same weapon will have different sounds when firing in semi, burst and auto.

A lot of the sounds are quite saturated, especially the AKs. PKM sounds great. A lot of synchronization issues with mortars (lol), rockets, tank rounds, etc. Engine start-ups on all vehicles are way too loud. Explosions much too saturated. All round impacts sound the same (HE, HEAT, AP, etc.). Sound range is way too short, can barely hear a tank @ 2km in perfect conditions. Can't hear small arms farther out than 1.5km. In stark contrast, bullet cracks and whizzes are audible at all ranges, including subsonic ammunition. Sound delays @ ranges way too high. 500 meters the delay is almost two seconds. I could go on but, just try it for yourself. Make sure you try it with a buddy and check out sounds @ ranges.

One good point are the helicopters. All of them sound spot on and I would take them over ACE any day. The LAV and BTR engines are also MUCH improved over ACE. This mod has a lot of nice gems to it but, is currently too riddled with muck to be called worthwhile.

Thanks for the quick test NoDebate,by the sound of it(see what i did there),there are quite a few issues with this pack,ill abstain for now...

God I waited for the day UO would add JSRS. Only got responded with the standard, "Chapple, you 13 year old, stop being so retarded and ask somebody to poll it. Your stupidity is hilarious." Always knew that it wasn't a problem. Some places I know run both ACEX_SM and JSRS. Having it as optional was a wise choice.

Where I currently play, we run 70+ players on MSO with headless client. With my new rig, it runs ok already. But some people running lower end say their's is fine as well. Needless to say, JSRS isn't really a problem on numbers. I catch about an average of 60 FPS on the MSO server, all with ambient animals, traffic, civilians, and enemies. Good thing you guys added it, should be fun on the server.

*Ending random appearance on forums*

I can second what NoDebate said, tested independently. I was looking forward to use it over ACE, but if I am going to do it, I am looking for an upgrade, not a sidegrade.

Will most likely be pulling support as Server RPT is polluted with JSRS errors, and new looped errors. (Similar and Identical to those reported by Jman)

Tickets addressing this have been dismissed as trivial and closed.

BIS Thread has been closed as well so discussion of this topic can not continue at some sort of normal means. Going to let this ride for the rest of the week pending performance issues on server.

I have to echo from my own local testing. Alot of the sounds are just meh. Effects are soso. Some sounds are good, but as someone whom does a fair amount of shooting, this doesn't sound right at all.

@Chappel There were major technical issues between 1.4.3 and 1.5, this test is just that a test. Similar issues seem to be appearing between 1.4.3 and 1.5 that can be causing performance issues. While I appreciate your ever wittful so banter, most all of it is false. Clientside FPS is different than server side, Server side RPT and log reporting delays/pauses are an issue. In regards to the MSO community you play with, they have never had those numbers concurrently according to their own discussions.

....Where I currently play, we run 70+ players on MSO.....

Nope.