Sign in to follow this  
Fluffer

[COMPLETED] UOTC: Pilot/Aircrew Communications/Brevity Course *2000Z Dec 29th 2012*

Robin%20Olds%20&%20Dan%20Lafferty.jpg

COURSE: Aircrew Communications Fundamentals Course.

DATE: 29 December 2012

TIME: 2000 Zulu (subject to change +/- 1 HR)

MAXIMUM COURSE CANDIDATES: 20+

PREREQUISITES: Rotary wing/Fixed wing, JTAC and RTO are recommended but not required.

BRIEF OUTLINE: The purpose of this course is to establish a baseline communications standard within the Aircrew of Arma 2. This course will illustrate proper radio communications when operating Fixed wing and Rotary winged assets to include Fighter to FAC check in procedures, how to receive and interpret a 9-Line, HLZ coordination, CASEVAC 9-Line, Proper Brevity and "pilot speak".

Application format:

Name:

Pre-req experience:

Game Tag:

I highly recommend that my recently qualified JTAC's participate in this course to help establish a baseline SOP for your communications. Considering these are the pilots/aircrew you will be talking to, it will only make your life easier.

I highly recommend that my recently qualified JTAC's participate in this course to help establish a baseline SOP for your communications. Considering these are the pilots/aircrew you will be talking to, it will only make your life easier.

Alright, you've convinced me. Be forewarned, however, that my piloting abilities leave a lot to be desired. I should probably be riding shotgun.

Name: Overlord

Pre-req experience: RTO, JTAC

Game Tag: Overlord

Name: Tasel

Pre-req experience: RTO, JTAC, RWA, Rotary Attack Pilot ...... (there has never been a fixed wing aircraft course since I'm at UO :D)

Game Tag: Tasel

Name: Chriz

Pre-req: JTAC (learned from Tasel's videos, with examples in DCS Multiplayer)

Game Tag: Chriz

Edited by Chriz

Be forewarned, however, that my piloting abilities leave a lot to be desired. I should probably be riding shotgun.

If the course is just for comms then will flying be required?

Name game: enex

Pre-req: JTAC, Rotary wing pilot (I failed due to unlucky landing spot and general area where my rotor was disabled - but I attended one, and I know how to land shot down bird)

Game tag: enex

Name: Gabee

Pre-req: JTAC, RTO, a good understanding and in-game experience with fixed and rotary wing.

Gametag: Gabe

Name: theharibokidXD

Pre-req experience: RTO a great understanding of rotary with plenty of experience and limited experience in game with fixed wing but plenty of time practicing

Game Tag: Haribo

Name: cHs

Pre req: all but i didn't get to do the jtac exam due to work and aus times :(

Game tag: cHs

Fail post...danm internet XD

Edited by cHs

Is It possible for me to not attend but simply listen in on the TS channel to get a good idea of whats going on and stuff? I just don't want to attend as I haven't done any of the recommended Prereq's but would like to learn as much as I can in the next few weeks (Got free time, finally, to do training.)

Name: DrWub

Pre-req experience: Convoy Operations - Combat Life Saver - Field Medic

Game Tag: DrWub

Edited by DrWub

If the course is just for comms then will flying be required?

I haven't developed a complete lesson plan yet, but that will be TBD. I am expecting this to be more of a lecture and discussion than an actual flying mission.

Is It possible for me to not attend but simply listen in on the TS channel to get a good idea of whats going on and stuff? I just don't want to attend as I haven't done any of the recommended Prereq's but would like to learn as much as I can in the next few weeks (Got free time, finally, to do training.)

See post above.

I haven't developed a complete lesson plan yet, but that will be TBD. I am expecting this to be more of a lecture and discussion than an actual flying mission.

In that case

Name: unrealnoob

Pre-req experience: Lots of server time including time spent as RTO. Took the JTAC course, but failed the test. Lots of time spent in DCS and some in BMS as well, including studying Krause's brevity guide.

Game Tag: unrealnoob

I will not be able to attend this course due to me being out of the country on that date.

Edited by kazu

With this condition, I'm in. (In ArmA I don't have even minimal on fixed, though I'm fine on rotary.) Comms is my most immediate interest.

Fam; FTOps; FTL

Dawks

Edited by Dawks

Name: ThirdSin

Pre-req experience: Some rotary. Generally my feet are on the ground, but i'm looking to take this in addition to JTAC and others to better my communications skills. If I know the role, it will improve my communications as well.

Game Tag: ThirdSin

Edited by ThirdSin