kingwest

Obama won president election 2012

How doesn't it? It ties to everyone. But do you really think that anything else other than bashing American politics will come out of this thread? If so, prove me wrong.

As a US citizen, who's party won handily in both local, state, and national elections I say it needs to be bashed. Its a fucking joke.

^ are you even old enough to vote? Go do homework lol

That sums everything up right there.

I was not bashing American politics, I was merely stating how I was not a fan of either candidates, but I was happy that Obama had won.

How does that sum it up? Care to explain?

Yes, I am old enough, and DO have a vote. But sadly I am in a state where my vote doesn't mean jack shit, and doesn't help anything.

Whether you like it or not, American politics affect people beyond the border fences.

This is true. And the opposite is also true.

The issue is people need to be especially careful to talk about the system with turning it into something personal, and we're so-so on that. People are going to get butthurt for no reason. Also this thread isn't "The US Political System" it's "Obama won" with the first posts being "yay!!!" That right there sets the stage for a polarized thread.

Papa HellHound told me you never discuss Politics or Religion at the dinner table. I think that applies pretty well to the interwebz.

The U.S. election is obviously of extreme national and international importance and saying that international observers have not stake in it is a very outlandish statement. However it is important to remember that the impact of choosing an executive has a relatively small impact on things, the president for all his power and influence is still but one person. It is how the president shapes the administration of the federal government which has the most tangible and real effects on both the national and international levels. I will be the first to admit that I am not a huge fan of Obama, in my view he is too conservative (if he were to run in any other industrial nation he would run as a conservative) and tries too hard to compromise with people who have no desire or reason to do so. However here are a few of the reasons I will sleep a little easier for the next four years because:

- We have a government that uses science instead of myth as the standard to understand the natural world

- We have a government that respects people's right to love whomever they wish

- We have a government that seeks to work with other nations instead of alienating them

- We have a government that understands that the growing stratification of our society is a problem

- We have a government that understands that corporations do not always have the same rights as individuals

- We have a government that values fundamental research and discovery

- We have a government that thinks women should have control over their own bodies

- We have a government that allows for increased revenue to help pay down the debt

- We have a government that believes healthcare is an essential right fir all citizens

- We have a government that thinks that complicated problems sometimes require complicated solutions

- We have a government that believes in the concept of government

The world faces complicated, non-linear problems with many synergistic causes and effects. These problems are going to require complicated multifaceted solutions, there is no room for absolutism in tackling these problems. For that reason alone Obama was clearly the better choice, the GOP has become a party of absolutes and in my mind is quickly becoming incapable of effective or rational governance. I grant you that Romney was not the face of that aspect of the GOP however any potential Romney administration would have been dragging that train right into DC and that alone is reason enough to refuse a Romney presidency.

Yes, I am old enough, and DO have a vote. But sadly I am in a state where my vote doesn't mean jack shit, and doesn't help anything.

Haha Come live in Hawaii were the presidential race is pretty much won before we are even finished voting. Or were CNN declares our winners in the senate races before our first print out.

Haha Come live in Hawaii were the presidential race is pretty much won before we are even finished voting

Well Hawaii voted in 2008 as 70% (D), and I can say the exact same for California with 63% (D).

Expected people to bash each other over political parties.

Ended up watching people bash each other over where they live.

Just as good.

I will be the first to admit that I am not a huge fan of Obama, in my view he is too conservative (if he were to run in any other industrial nation he would run as a conservative) and tries too hard to compromise with people who have no desire or reason to do so.

You are spot on with this and the rest of your reasoning, exactly why I'm slightly happier waking up this morning than I was yesterday morning, but still unsatisfied with the state of our system as a whole.

The reality is that Obama is not a liberal - he's a centrist conservative. He still believes in American exceptionalism, has pursued nationalistic and militaristic foreign policy, and has not fought strongly for reasonable expansions to the social safety net. I would vote far left, if such vote weren't completely wasted in this country. America's political system is horribly unbalanced, largely as a result of the lies our elders enjoyed passing on for the 20th century.

However, I am glad he won, versus Mitt 2012, because that Mitt Romney would have simultaneously torpedoed our economy, increased our debt to benefit high earners and corporations, and supported more asinine foreign policy abroad by us and our allies. He also had terrible ideas about the social safety net and the rights of American citizens, so that's a solid plus. The reason I voted for Obama was not because I prefer his policies to say, the green party - it's because if he lost, we would be in a world of hurt.

Today, in georgia, it snowed/sleet for 5-10 minutes...someone asked me, wow,wonder where that came from,

I told him, "hell froze over"

There was a prophet that predicted this event with the rise of an old leader, sleet falling...something,cant remember

I live around,work with, friends with,decent "african" americans, we joke about our past,ancestors, slangs...we just laugh...

I asked alot of my peeps,why obama..again? They simply said,with out a pause, because hes black.

A few of them, know his true, past,where he was born and his muslim background and his lies,his teleprompter type responses....they voted for romney.

Since then, things that have happened to sourrounding businesses,

-lay offs

-new employee healthcare guidelines/requirements

-price increases (though near my house,gas dropped from $3.67 to $3.20)

Some other crap that doesnt makesense.

Alot of people, white,black,asian,hispanic, atleast the ones ive talked to, think the same thing happened like last time with the ballots...duplicates..etc

6month im moving away from usa, turned in my notices to work,apartments.etc

The reason I voted for Obama was not because I prefer his policies to say, the green party - it's because if he lost, we would be in a world of hurt.

Sadly this was probably the case for the many that voted for him. At least now he can not blame his predecessor for the mess he's in.

Today, in georgia, it snowed/sleet for 5-10 minutes...someone asked me, wow,wonder where that came from,

There was a prophet that predicted this event with the rise of an old leader, sleet falling...something,cant remember

I live around,work with, friends with,decent "african" americans, we joke about our past,ancestors, slangs...we just laugh...

I asked alot of my peeps,why obama..again? They simply said,with out a pause, because hes black.

A few of them, know his true, past,where he was born and his muslim background and his lies,his teleprompter type responses....they voted for romney.

-lay offs

Alot of people, white,black,asian,hispanic, atleast the ones ive talked to, think the same thing happened like last time with the ballots...duplicates..etc

While I don't doubt your anecdote, you DO realize that, historically, blacks vote for Dems? It could have been a white Democrat in the running and he still would have received a majority of the black vote. I will also add that considering the social and economic situation of many blacks in the country, Obama is the only sane choice for them.

Really too bad the third-parties have a Chinaman's chance in hell of getting a win...

I knew, oh how I knew that this thread would come up. I can guarantee enemies will probably be made after this....

If you can't separate political affiliation with a person's personality, then you shouldn't be friends with anyone. Just because someone thinks differently than you should never mean that you can't be friends.

-lay offs

And I could link 5,000 YT videos of interviews with Romney supporters saying equally stupid shit. Citing a bunch of idiots as the base of their electorate is ignorance at its finest.

The issue is people need to be especially careful to talk about the system with turning it into something personal, and we're so-so on that. People are going to get butthurt for no reason. Also this thread isn't "The US Political System" it's "Obama won" with the first posts being "yay!!!" That right there sets the stage for a polarized thread.

Papa HellHound told me you never discuss Politics or Religion at the dinner table. I think that applies pretty well to the interwebz.

lol i was actualy trying to make the word that he won saw it on the interwebs, can agree that he is a lesser evil but most voting party's are that. but what i realy loved is the way people reacted last year when he won would love to see a part 2.

ooh and i didn;t know this would become the next shitstorm

Edited by kingwest

Fuck logic

racist_democrat_poster.jpg?w=450&h=328

I hope you weren't trying to be relevant with an image that is most likely at least a century old. But then again,

Fuck logic

Fuck logic

racist_democrat_poster.jpg?w=450&h=328

Dat lack of understanding of the political party shift after the Civil War...

Wasn't horribly surprised. If a Mormon won, I would've lost my shit. It would've been as polarizing as a hispanic or african american winning for the first time.

Obama didn't make THAT many people angry.

I'm just pissed because this means our military is about to take it in the ass for the next four years.

The CIA is probably going to take a beating too. Especially after they didn't back up the claims on Libya.