Famine

[Officer] Famine for Mission Making Officer [2012-11-11]

50 members have voted

1. 1. Famine for MMO

• I approve appointment to MMO
    • I do not approve appointment to MMO.

To my fellow Regulars:

I have enjoyed my time with the community thus far and would like to take on additional responsibility, hence this application for the position of Mission Making Officer.

After reviewing existing SOPs for the office and speaking with Krause I have identified some elements which could do with improvement, as well as some potentially exciting and new possibilities. To this end I have prepared a few documents which, while all works in progress, outline what I intend to accomplish as Mission Making Officer

https://docs.google....iN3M/edit?pli=1

In addition, I have spent the last several months learning the ArmA scripting language and feel I have reached a level of competency which will be beneficial to the community. However, I will also admit that there is plenty I can learn from our current Mission Making Officer.

I am very much excited to be submitting this application, along with the opportunity it presents to learn and grow.

As with my Regular poll, "Constructive criticism, positive or negative is welcome but of course not required. I respect everyone's opinion, even those who give it anonymously."

Edited by Hawkeye
autoclose

Nope.

Hearing from Krause might sway my opinion, but at this point, I do not think you have the knowledge or skill required to be a mission making officer.

I feel like Famine has potential to be a decent officer - he has proficient skill as a mission maker and has the creativity and initiative, as witnessed in his new planning documents, to contribute as a leader.

Famine's technical skill is not as exhaustive as some other options, but I feel like he should be given a chance given his baseline of skill and initiative. Furthermore, other options do not present and famine is the one stepping up.

I also would understand if people voted no.

Clearly a fair bit of effort went into this application. We need more varied officers and if someone is willing and able to eliminate some of the burden off krause why not. Voted yes .

Voting yes, he has shown an above normal interest in the workings of the office, is not a tard, and I feel like he can learn what he needs to know from Krause to fill in any gaps he may have, and the goals he has set forth make a lot of sense and look good. Also considering Krause's limited availability due to become a developer for VBS I think the office would do well to have someone else helping out.

Should he completely fail we can always vote him out.

I feel like Famine has potential to be a decent officer - he has proficient skill as a mission maker and has the creativity and initiative, as witnessed in his new planning documents, to contribute as a leader.

Famine's technical skill is not as exhaustive as some other options, but I feel like he should be given a chance given his baseline of skill and initiative.

I hope it's correct to read that as an approval. As you are currently the main MMO, and he'll be working with you, I'll vote yes.

We need more officers.

Krause is open and willing to work with Famine (I am sure Krause will do everything in his power to get Famine up to speed).

Famine stepped up, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't get a chance to prove himself.

I will happily give Famine a yes, I think he knows his stuff in terms of mission making and with Krause's approval there's really nothing that can go wrong ;-) Good Luck!

I'm voting yes. Everyone is able to learn and adapt. Good luck!

Fully support the majority of his ideas, while some need some refinement they are overall much needed.

Clear yes from myself

Not to go off topic much but;

I know we allow votes without the voter explaining his/her choice, but this is an Officer poll and it would be really helpful for those voting no to explain why.

Very little technical expertise, does not meet the qualifications to fulfill the entire role.

This is a serious concern to me. I do not want to see us accepting people that are unqualified or under qualified for the positions that distinctly require expertise.

User would be unable to fill the basic requirements of this officer position, User has acknowledged this and stated that they will be acting as an under role.

Voted yes. Famine has enough technical expertise to fill the position (also has not indicated otherwise in his application), and expressed a desire to learn further skills from the current MMO.

voted yes. i dont know enough about the tech stuff to be able to judge, but famine appears quite able, with organizational skills to match.