Sign in to follow this  
ColescottFTW

A official apology and appeal

On 5/30/12 i was banned for typing penis's in objective marker in briefing. It was not a instant ban, Krause had to look in the records to find out who was doing it. Once Krause found out he banned me for a total of 3 months. The following day i tried to log in, and then i found out i was banned. I was a little confused at first in till i searched the forums and found my ban request posted by krause. Once i saw it i started making outrageous accusations and was being naive and immature. I indirectly accused krause of tampering with the documents and the writing, and i was persistent in trying to cover up for awhile, which was wrong, i should of admitted my mistake and not try to lie and con my way out. After this i posted to ban appeal's, but did not know that a regular had to put in a vote for me to be able ne unbanned. They were sincere apology's though, and so is this.

I wanted to apologize for lying and not telling you the truth as soon as accusations appered. I wanted to say sorry to Krause for try accuse him of something he would never do and trying to make look like the victim instead of the offender. I also want to apologize for even taking up any of your time, and all the trouble this has caused if any, I also wanted to tell the community that this will never happen again, and that i promise that i will not do anything against the rules ever again.

I'd give you another chance, but that's just me.

I don't particularly care for you accusing Officers of falsifying logs, but it's been pretty long and you seem regretful.

Integrity is one of the biggest issues here. In this case after you lied and covered up, not only at first, but persistently. It says something about character. I do not know you personally but just based off of reading this, I think that the punishment matches the crime and doesn't need to be lifted. Especially after accusing Krause of tampering with the logs (which is downright stupid, what are you? 12?). I may not hold Krause in the highest regards on my list of people here, but wildly accusing one of the more hardworking Regulars and Officers here of doing such things is unacceptable, with or without an apology. Your ban will be up shortly and I feel as if you are lucky to have a 3 month compared to a 6 or perma after your actions.

So let me just quickly recap please. What makes you think differently now? What makes you be more mature now? What makes you not call an officer a liar over a ban request made? I just do not see the point, please enlighten me. Furthermore I would like to know exactly what you have learned in detail since you were banned. If the info given is clear enough and successful in my eyes I might consider vouching for you.

Having read your (almost freaking intermittent) posts before, I would have to say he might have had his break. His ban ends in a month, give or take and he can either wait it out another month or the appeal can pass. Personally I remember you yelling like a little bitch at me the one time I played with you but it's been 6 months and I have basically forgotten about it.

We have evidence of you lying and conning on several occasions and over a longer period of time.

Your apology and word are not backed up by evidence. Trust is the main argument holding here. Trust... the same thing you manipulated so badly before.

My advice, keep him banned.

Integrity is one of the biggest issues here.

A brief history of integrity.

http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/14249-teamspeak-ban-singleton/

http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/14249-teamspeak-ban-singleton/page__fromsearch__1

http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/11905-ban-col-ksingleton/

http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/9877-regular-nomination-for-425-col-ksingleton/page__fromsearch__1

http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/7719-push-for-48-hour-ban-k-daniels/

The guy took the initiative to come back here shortly before his ban is to expire and is apologizing openly to the community and directly to those he has wronged. Why castigate him for maturity? He is seeking to correct the errors of his ways.

Something to which you haven't done Singleton formerly known as K. Daniels around here now known better as "King Obama" (very mature). You never apologized for shooting me unwarranted nor did you for insulting members of the community on the server.

Furthermore man, if you actually read the ban thread thoroughly you'd know he received a 6 month ban, which was extended from the original 3 months.

Your ban will be up shortly and I feel as if you are lucky to have a 3 month compared to a 6 or perma after your actions.

http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/11433-ban-cole/

It's amazing the projectionist you can be towards others. Such as the 1 hour ban Krause gave you for disrupting their conversation without consideration for the fact that those people in that barracks channel were talking and didn't want to be rudely interrupted. Furthermore, those that make their barracks channels are endowed with the right to govern them. Remember ZZEZ's Control Room channel rules? Krause started that trend.

To continue, your logic is missing out on something here. You feel an 8 second interruption doesn't warrant an hour of time-out. You feel a few minutes of unconscious interrupted game-play does not warrant a week off. What you fail to realize is that regardless of the time you had to serve, you violated aspects of the Charter and SOPs. You broke the rules, you got punished. And you didn't apologize for it, instead you complained and attacked those whom accused you or administered your bans.

This guy severely broke the rules. Has served his time thus far without incident since the ban. And apologized for his actions.

It is you, not Krause, that needs to calm down and get off their high horse; because you just fell off it again.

To Cole Scott, I commend you for having the courage and integrity to apologize though you didn't have to as your ban is soon to expire on the 19th. Learn something from these 6 months if you truly wish to play around here.

PS: Jackson, take a load off, he got banned before you played here man. And he apologized to those he needs to, he doesn't need justify himself to someone that has no relation to the incident which led to his ban nor the thread which led to his extended ban. If he fucks up again, we will handle him as we have in the past with repeat offenders...more sternly.

After giving his words another good read, and realizing where he originally posted this; I don't believe he is appealling the ban. This is striclty a selfless apology. He's faced his actions, his ban, and his humility; that's pretty fuckin' mature. AKA Jackson and Ruben, proof of a change or turn in character.

Fighter is in the green on this one. He's earned a chance to prove that he's changed. In 3 days we no longer have control over unless he fouls again. None the less, and I'll admit I'm no saint around here; he doesn't deserved to be castigated for apologiving.

I can not really prove to any of you that my maturity has improved over the computer, not many of the people who play this server even know me. The only thing you can judge me on is the this incident and my many apologies. I have had one vote published by thawk and he told me he would do it again when time came. I am getting off my ban very soon and i was wrong about the date in my previous statement, i was banned on the 19th, so i will just wait out the rest of my time, thank you though.

You were a complete pain in the arse generally from what I remember, quite apart from this incident.

Honestly? Show you can be patient and mature & wait out the ban, then come back and allow your actions to convince people that you've changed.

I think this will go over far better than an apology that seems to be more of a "please can I play with you guys again".

John

I did a quick 5 minute background check on you when I first saw this thread and pretty much found what seems to be the reason I do not want to put up a poll for you. I am going to post these as a reference for any regulars that are considering putting up a poll for Cole.

Ban #1

Ban #2

Ban #3

I am sure if I extend my background check and sit on it for 10 more minutes I will probably find another couple bans.

Honestly? Show you can be patient and mature & wait out the ban, then come back and allow your actions to convince people that you've changed.

I think this will go over far better than an apology that seems to be more of a "please can I play with you guys again".

John

Check the date of the ban, and also the time left to serve. Check his post as well, there is no plea to play now. Your comment is severely misplaced.

I did a quick 5 minute background check on you when I first saw this thread and pretty much found what seems to be the reason I do not want to put up a poll for you. I am going to post these as a reference for any regulars that are considering putting up a poll for Cole.

Ban #1

Ban #2

Ban #3

I am sure if I extend my background check and sit on it for 10 more minutes I will probably find another couple bans.

Really? Back ground check? Those completely different games, with COMPLETELY DIFFERENT rules. Two of those were wrongful, if you knew anything about the server, you would know. So dont get to excited gmod RP is a very corrupted game full of corrupted admin.

Yes, and you as the only common denominator managed get banned from both and again it's the admins that are corrupted even if you admitted doing the actions that lead to the ban.

When you yet again resort to corrupt admins it is clear that you haven't changed. You might have matured, but mature people get bans too. I need to see a change before I would vote yes let alone sponsor your poll.

Read Ban #3 and see what I am talking about.

Really? Back ground check? Those completely different games, with COMPLETELY DIFFERENT rules. Two of those were wrongful, if you knew anything about the server, you would know. So dont get to excited gmod RP is a very corrupted game full of corrupted admin.

It still stands that you broke the rules of those servers.

Timeframes:

Ban1 = July 2012

Ban2 = July 2012

Ban3 = August 2012

This is evidence of you not being changed, as one does not in one month. You may feel the shame and sorry for the situation you made, but let this shame and sorry be the start of your new era in another community, or in this one after you sat out your punishment.

If you want to come back sooner by pardon, initiated by a poll of a regular, you have to come up with evidence to give the regular some arguments to initiate the poll. You may want to ask, what kind of evidence? Please state evidence that you actually changed, and not only have the desire to change. It is just not enough.

Check the date of the ban, and also the time left to serve.

You've lost me. Six months from May is November. We are currently in October. Ergo, Cole is still banned.

Check his post as well, there is no plea to play now.

Never said there was. However as you have raised the issue, are you saying that Cole's post is in no way an attempt to persuade a regular to put up a poll to overturn the ban? Perhaps Cole could give his thoughts on this?

Your comment is severely misplaced.

"Misplaced"? Um, ok. Just offering some honest advice based on what had gone on before.

Perhaps I wasn't as clear as I could have been. After making a mistake, don't try to deflect attention with a lie, then simply assume "Sorry" will make everything better - it's a good start, but only a start. Wait until the ban is complete, then return and make your actions speak louder than your previous behaviour.

John

John

Being a liar is not an easy reputation to shake off, especially when it is gained while trying to avoid taking responsibility for your own actions by accusing others.

While well meaning you should understand why some would remain unimpressed, well done for at least apologizing. I would recommend waiting until the 19th and then allow your actions to show that you have changed if at all.

I know well enough what GMOD RP is, trust me, GMOD RP requires maturity the same way we do... and I do a background check with everyone appealing and unfortunately you have not made it into the list of people I want back here. Do you always get upset when someone finds out something about you and (bans at other communities) and posts it here?

So if they have different rules than this community you can break them? And you broke rules on several servers including this one, been banned, so what makes us think you won't do it again as soon as we let you back?

...just like krause was corrupt? I don't think you've changed at all, but your ban will be up in a few days so I guess we'll see. Accusing other admins elsewhere of being corrupt is probably not the way to go, especially when that exact behavior is the reason you had your ban extended in the first place. Why do you want to play here so badly of all places? There are other ArmA communities.

Jackson, generally bans from other communities are not a factor here. They MAY at times be used to guage a players character, but we mostly just stick with their actions on our servers.

Jackson, generally bans from other communities are not a factor here. They MAY at times be used to guage a players character, but we mostly just stick with their actions on our servers.

I am aware of that, sorry if my post was misunderstood. I only posted them to share the result of a very quick background check, nothing else.

Sign in to follow this