Sign in to follow this  
Jethro

[Regular] Nomination for Jethro [2012-10-18]

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jethro be accepted as a regular ?

• Yes
    • No

Lol this is funny. Before people start defending Jethro you should note he admitted in training this week that he put this poll up as a joke between him and kassa. So get off you fucking high horses on how people are acting. They are treating him as a joke and with no repect because that is what this thread is, a joke with little respect for the community and it's procedures.

Understood. But still, if this is a joke why has it not been locked / archived / trashed? People that do or did not know that this has been put up as a joke might not think the same way about it as we do and this thread pushes UO into the wrong light in my opinion which is not really necessary.

^^ , Don't defend me. For the love of god.

This was merely my joke between Kassa and Me, also this showed me some valuable aspects of the so called "Representatives" of the community.

Still, Some members do show normal reactions to things like these and that puts some faith in my head that the community will run steadily.

Somebody L&A this, tyvm.

Then bring the riot police and lock this thread. The fact still stands.

I am not defending you in any case, I am talking about some of the "representatives" public behavior on an application, which is simply unacceptable in my eyes.

Hush, everybody. Let the thread die, I've achieved my goals and showed the community the true face of some regulars.

You can complain about the thread being up all you want. We have rules in place. We do not delete things to suit the community. This poll will complete ad go down as a failed application. The member didn't break any rules with the thread and will be treated as an actual application. Should the member ever decide to put a real poll up or find himself banned we will be able to refer back to this thread as a record of his conduct.

You can complain about the thread being up all you want. We have rules in place. We do not delete things to suit the community. This poll will complete ad go down as a failed application. The member didn't break any rules with the thread and will be treated as an actual application. Should the member ever decide to put a real poll up or find himself banned we will be able to refer back to this thread as a record of his conduct.

Fair enough.

I am not defending you in any case, I am talking about some of the "representatives" public behavior on an application, which is simply unacceptable in my eyes.

For what it's worth, you're relatively new around here. If you want a better sense of what you've already come to notice, go back through the Completed Regular polls. You will come to understand that aspect of this community more thoroughly.

Jethro, where is your head man.. this is neither clever or funny.

Edited by picky

Jethro, where is your head man.. this isn't funny.

No man, its cool, since its all a joke. No worries. I am still laughing.

See that's where you are wrong

So, a troll Regular app?

That's a great first impression.

Should the member ever decide to put a real poll up or find himself banned we will be able to refer back to this thread as a record of his conduct.

They are treating him as a joke and with no repect because that is what this thread is, a joke with little respect for the community and it's procedures.

^^ , Don't defend me. For the love of god.

This was merely my joke between Kassa and Me, also this showed me some valuable aspects of the so called "Representatives" of the community.

Still, Some members do show normal reactions to things like these and that puts some faith in my head that the community will run steadily.

Somebody L&A this, tyvm.

So your bold experiment lead to the conclusion that people treat troll threads like the joke they are, but did you even think about what reputation this has given you in the community?

And as for Kassared I hope his role is very limited in this. I do not consider facilitation or encouragement of trolling the traits of a Regular.

Easiest no that ive ever given. Even easier than Static's second regular app. And that was a crash and burn. This one is just glorious.

Edit: Voting no YES on the basis that the user has created a decent troll thread. Not the best, but definitely takes a little cajones to do something like this.

he admitted in training this week that he put this poll up as a joke between him and kassa.

Wait what? He came in my channel and asked me and some others if he should post a regular application thread. I told him that he should go forth, and that i would look at it once he posted it.

There was no intentional trolling in mind nor anything else malicious.

I take it that Jethro want's to make himself look less retarded after seeing that he got the biggest "no" since i can remember.

I don't want to come off on the wrong foot with you, Jethro, so this isn't a lifted finger or anything.

But I am curious as to how this joke Regular application started out, why and what Kassared's role was in it?

Regards,

J.B.

Kassa and I have a sorta love-hate relationship, so I said to him before I posted: " I posted up my regular poll, you should check it Kass " .

Ofcourse, Kassa took it to the negative extreme side and kept yapping about why I shouldn't become a regular with bullshit arguements where funny enough people fell for.

But yeah, I've now seen the thinking and true face of some regulars and I seriously think that the Officers should force removal/ discipline these called Regulars.

So Kassared didn't have anything to do with you actually posting the application? He only knew of the joke after you'd posted the thread.
Nah, I asked him if I should pull up the poll and he said yes.

Seems Kassa had no idea that Jethro would be posting a troll thread.

Before people start giving out to others for being on a high horse, while putting their foot in the stirrup climbing up on their own fucking horse. 90% of these hateful posts were made with the illusion that this is serious. They were not posting in response to a "troll-thread" they were posting in response to what they perceived to be serious. Don't be Captain Hindsight and say oh, those intentionally offensive posts were because it was a joke thread...obviously, so it's ok. No. Those posts were made with the belief this is serious, some people need to check themselves.

Even worse.

edit: thanks for getting the whole point of my posts Thawk.

Edited by Jackson-Whright

Before people start giving out to others for being on a high horse, while putting their foot in the stirrup climbing up on their own fucking horse. 90% of these hateful posts were made with the illusion that this is serious. They were not posting in response to a "troll-thread" they were posting in response to what they perceived to be serious. Don't be Captain Hindsight and say oh, those intentionally offensive posts were because it was a joke thread...obviously, so it's ok. No. Those posts were made with the belief this is serious, some people need to check themselves.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Our PRO ladies and gentlemen.

Your lack of maturity as an apparent adult and more worryingly, a parent leaves me dumbfounded sometimes. Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean you have to belittle them. Try engaging in a debate or an argument, but don't resort to pettiness. The point of my previous post in regards to this thread, engaging in personal attacks and deliberate offensiveness towards a person is not a joke. And it's great to see our PRO behind it, fortifying it as one. Just because a person has done something wrong, doesn't enable other people to do wrong things to him.

We learn that in playschool.

You know where the poll section is.

Unfortunately I don't put my time into pointless efforts. You have enough buddies to make it so a poll would never pass, if we worked like a proper democracy rather then a popularity contest, I would consider it. But our communities polling system is based more around buddy-votes and appeasement rather then actual objectivity. You could do something completely against the charter and you would still not be down voted by your "buddy-votes". That is, unfortunately, the system that exists here and it doesn't bother me that much, pretending it's not is fallacy, considering that founding members have and believe the same thing. I prefer to try and talk things out where possible, places like ban appeals do not allow for that, but officer conduct does. However, I don't expect much more from you rather then "AHAHA" replies and "GO MAKE A POLL". So as I said, pointless efforts.

This thread is getting worse and worse. And all of this happens in a regular application section, a place where seriousness should normally exist. At least to some extent.