Singleton

Star Citizen - A true Space-Sim. Here it is.

I lIke how if you scroll past the free flying portion in the link it later goes to where you can buy a ship for $150. Is he smoking crack or what?

I'll give it a try just for the hell of it.

I lIke how if you scroll past the free flying portion in the link it later goes to where you can buy a ship for $150. Is he smoking crack or what?

I'll give it a try just for the hell of it.

Heh, this is one of the cheaper pledges. The most expensive pledge they ever offered (single ship) was the $2500 one where you'd get a Javelin class Destroyer.

Also, if you need any help, let me know.

Edited by Edwards

I wonder what happened to all those haters who said "something like this can't be done, it's impossible and it's all a scam". Hey guys I can't hear you!

Although I don't understand what the above means ...

I was pleased for the information about the free trial. I was glad to have a chance to try this out and get a little sample of the proposed gameplay. My internet connection is not super fast so I'm not sure it was a fair assessment. My net connection is great for ARMA and ED but here were lots of issues with star citizen. (Strange noises, freezing, hesitating). But the game looks great. I was not able to do any of the flight training or dogfighting (it launched but was like a slideshow) but the world is immersive and I'm looking forward to the next little addition and the eventual completion. It will be well worth the wait even if it is many years from now.

It's immersive to be able to walk through the buildings and out on the platforms of the stations. The animations for entering ships are kinda neat and you gotta love that we are able to move around inside the ships. I do hope there will be an advanced mode for flight to allow more interaction. Not that the current models are bad as they will appeal to a wide audience and allow focus on other aspects of gameplay. But to match the detail and complexity of this immense project there will surely be at least a couple ships that offer more than just simple arcade flight.

There is definitely huge potential here and enough to keep us anticipating the eventual release.

But it's early stages and these initial few steps look encouraging. Please keep us posted about the next free demo weekend. Would love to taste this again when it has cooked some more.

As a little added bonus ... ARMA movement now seems less clunky and more fluid after trying SC.

As a warning for anyone that had processed LTI conversions for users back in 2013-2014, CIG is now in the process of demanding money from the people that have did these conversions.

For those not aware of this process or what I am talking about. Back around 2013 users that were original backers to this title could purchase any ship and gift it to another user who came in later to the title's funding drive, post kick-starter. Original backers had a slightly reduced price on all of these ships in most cases, and any ship they purchased also came with a 'Life Time Insurance'. Backers that came in later only had limited insurance on their purchases, be it anywhere between two weeks and 3 years depending on the sale. The price differences between these purchases was frequently $5 to $15 cheaper for original backers. Now that the title still has not launched past their multiple promised delivery dates. Some members have issued chargebacks on their accounts for refunds. For the users that were gifted the upgraded LTI variants, they have been refunded and are out of the backing at this point. CIG is now in the process of going back to the people that processed the LTI conversion for the cost differences, requesting that the current and still present backers, that did these conversions, pay additional fees and or sell the assets they have purchased themselves to make up the difference for any transactions that have been refunded by other parties.

Just a word of caution for anyone who is still in this. It may be worth getting out until they release a real product on the promises that were paid for.

--- as per VIDEO and IMAGE

As a warning for anyone that had processed LTI conversions for users back in 2013-2014, CIG is now in the process of demanding money from the people that have did these conversions.

For those not aware of this process or what I am talking about. Back around 2013 users that were original backers to this title could purchase any ship and gift it to another user who came in later to the title's funding drive, post kick-starter. Original backers had a slightly reduced price on all of these ships in most cases, and any ship they purchased also came with a 'Life Time Insurance'. Backers that came in later only had limited insurance on their purchases, be it anywhere between two weeks and 3 years depending on the sale. The price differences between these purchases was frequently $5 to $15 cheaper for original backers. Now that the title still has not launched past their multiple promised delivery dates. Some members have issued chargebacks on their accounts for refunds. For the users that were gifted the upgraded LTI variants, they have been refunded and are out of the backing at this point. CIG is now in the process of going back to the people that processed the LTI conversion for the cost differences, requesting that the current and still present backers, that did these conversions, pay additional fees and or sell the assets they have purchased themselves to make up the difference for any transactions that have been refunded by other parties.

Just a word of caution for anyone who is still in this. It may be worth getting out until they release a real product on the promises that were paid for.

These transfers are legal, BUT they rule around the established institution of CGI and their pledge system.

As a regular person, who pledge the right way, I have no feelings to spend for people being charged for bypassing the system!

I can not say if this one recieved payments outside of the CIG area for performing this fraud, but I know of many who did recieve payment.

As said: No qq's spend on these people.

Its funny that they are resorting to this, they have over 100 million dollars and they have to chase this problem?

As another person who just backed SC and didn't do this asset reselling/ trading/ grey market BS I could not care less BUT I do like how internet space ships can basically be like money laundering. 

BUT I do like how internet space ships can basically be like money laundering. 

Yeah, right? Where ever you go in the webz, if it exists someone is trying to make money with it.

So, I read through the ticket exchange, and they're NOT demanding money from the people who did these conversions. What they ARE demanding is the money for one specific package, in this case the $500 Rear Admiral package because the original owner of said package managed to have his/her credit card company return the money back to him/her. So now CIG is missing $500 so they contacted this Grishord dude, from what I've read, it seems like they are trying to get the money back from the wrong person since he didn't buy the package in question, he merely did the conversion. Why CIG contacted Grishord, I don't know, maybe some kind of mixup but it's clear, provided what Grishord told them is indeed true, that he is not responsible for this.

So what you're saying Imp, is not quite correct.

Edited by Edwards

A 100m company should not be taking more than individual days to respond to tickets of this nature, this is something that can be resolved in a few hours.

CIG allowed this sort of 'grey market" trading to happen and actively supported it up until investors took issue with CIG. Key word is investors, not backers.

CIG could have resolved all of this and killed the grey market to have never made this sort of nightmare.

While I agree the grey market trading is not on the up and up, it was the status norm for many months on their own forums, where they had their own employees offering these transactions during company time to keep the hype going. The fact they had to wait for investor backlash over these practices is concerning, as this should have been a major concern why two diffrent groups of people were being charged for like goods and services for a future product years before it's release. The only way for new fans to get the same level of backing protection for their assets was to find an orignal backer to do this sort of service, or resort to the grey market and take even more risk... all for jpegs of a game that wont even be out this year.

As far as the response time is concered I agree, it shouldn't take that long esp. when it comes to that type of issue. I'm sorry but, Investors? Where did you get that information that there even are investors when CR has said time and time again that this project is being funded by backers only.

And as for the Grey Market, where have they actively supported said practice? I recall quite a few episodes of WIngmans Hangar as well as a few Livestreams where they tried to discourage ppl from buying ships that way.

People don't realize how long it takes to make games. It doesn't take 2 years to make something with budget of several million $, 5-6 years is closer to realistic (just look how long it took to develop, for example, GTA5, and they weren't starting from scratch like SC).

I'm really surprised they were giving release dates at the start of development, that was very very poor decision PR wise, they could fuel hype train other ways. By starting to throw release dates left and right they just gave arguments to naysayers that have no idea how game development looks like.

Another thing is that it takes more time to develop games, as they get more and more complex. Making thousands of assets and coding complex features are processes that take long time no matter the budget.

@Zezz - Every deadline and release date that has been published to date has been missed by multiple months at minimum, to ongoing years. The last reply from CIG is that many if not all of the original kickstarter features promised may not be released in the lifetime of their current employees.

@Zezz - Every deadline and release date that has been published to date has been missed by multiple months at minimum, to ongoing years. The last reply from CIG is that many if not all of the original kickstarter features promised may not be released in the lifetime of their current employees.

Would this not also mean our lifetime too?

Possibly, but they never defined the lifetime of which employees. A few of them are not terribly healthy since since the start of this project. I mean they had to shutdown development because one of their programmers broke his hand last year, that added on another 2 week delay, at least according to CIG with regards to a portion of the game

MPaFtS0.jpg

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35555086

I still don't get it so perhaps one of you fellows that follow the development can explain because all the answers I have found are not really answers, when do the singleplayer and multiplayer come out as a finished product?

Ok so Star Citizen is the MMO part, there is no release date for the Full Version. What you can play right now, is the first "teaser" of what's to come for the MMO, the Universe part.

Squadron 42 is the Single Player Campaign and during Citizen Con last year they said they plan to release it this year (if it indeed drops this year, it'll happen near the end of the year). That being said, I do have my doubts they'll make it this year but I really don't mind. I want them to get it right no matter how long it takes. Also, SQ42 is only the first of a series of 3 Episodes.

So what they're currently working on are two AAA+ games (SC and SQ42) and at least two more Episodes for the Single Player at a later date.

I hope this helps.

So, how is this progressing? :) It's always seemed awesome as a premise and to fulfill my fantasy of exploring the vast exterior of space whilst conducting trade! Sadly, I have a principle to not purchase early access or fund kickstarters, I don't like being an investor without, well, all the typical dividends, shares and insurance (blablabla, I won't do an essay to bore y'all with my typical pretensions). 

So, how is this progressing? :smile: It's always seemed awesome as a premise and to fulfill my fantasy of exploring the vast exterior of space whilst conducting trade! Sadly, I have a principle to not purchase early access or fund kickstarters, I don't like being an investor without, well, all the typical dividends, shares and insurance (blablabla, I won't do an essay to bore y'all with my typical pretensions). 

The progress is slower than the company themselves expected at launch date. Some people get very salty because they expected th product to be ready sooner. I for myself am quiet happy with the progress they make.

CIG started from 0. Sure Chris had some basic experience in game development, but there is way more to such a project. CIG started from absolute 0, with 0 investors, 0 content, minimalistic staff, no infrastructure or anything else, with the target to produce a triple-A game title.

Since the Kickstarter in 2012 roughly 4 years have passed.

From my POV, stamping an international company out of the ground based on nothing but crowdfounded capital and actually developing the first stage of the title (S42 is announced for the end of 2016, but I would rather guess that is will be here somewhen in first motnhs of '17) in that timeframe is an incredible accomplishment which I have quiet some respect for. All this considering that there sure were actions by CIG which, viewed from now, could have been done better or shouldn't have been done at all; But hey, these guys are somewhat pioneers on this topic and size of project, so I guess giving them some room for experience doesn't hurt.

I always look at some smaller games which I still like to play, which are of fantastic quality game play and how long they took to be developed: Spore took 8 years (though I know that it was hyped by some wrong rumors and therefore taken pretty bad I play this game again, again and again.), StarCraft II (7 years) holy shit did I play this game! I even called in ill on school for 3 days only to play it drowning my consciousness in redbull and cola and last my personal favorite even though it turned out to be quiet the death hit for SEGA: Shenmue (6 years) - No idea why I played it, but I simply couldn't stop.

Pax

Edited by Pax'Jarome Malues

The progress is slower than the company themselves expected at launch date. Some people get very salty because they expected th product to be ready sooner. I for myself am quiet happy with the progress they make.

CIG started from 0. Sure Chris had some basic experience in game development, but there is way more to such a project. CIG started from absolute 0, with 0 investors, 0 content, minimalistic staff, no infrastructure or anything else, with the target to produce a triple-A game title.

Since the Kickstarter in 2012 roughly 4 years have passed.

From my POV, stamping an international company out of the ground based on nothing but crowdfounded capital and actually developing the first stage of the title (S42 is announced for the end of 2016, but I would rather guess that is will be here somewhen in first motnhs of '17) in that timeframe is an incredible accomplishment which I have quiet some respect for. All this considering that there sure were actions by CIG which, viewed from now, could have been done better or shouldn't have been done at all; But hey, these guys are somewhat pioneers on this topic and size of project, so I guess giving them some room for experience doesn't hurt.

I always look at some smaller games which I still like to play, which are of fantastic quality game play and how long they took to be developed: Spore took 8 years (though I know that it was hyped by some wrong rumors and therefore taken pretty bad I play this game again, again and again.), StarCraft II (7 years) holy shit did I play this game! I even called in ill on school for 3 days only to play it drowning my consciousness in redbull and cola and last my personal favorite even though it turned out to be quiet the death hit for SEGA: Shenmue (6 years) - No idea why I played it, but I simply couldn't stop.

Pax

For a man that was named "75 Most Important People in the Games Industry of 1995" by Next Generation is hardly a man with basic experience in game development.  What people are upset about is not that the game is not completed early or on time.  But it had not been completed as promised or with in reason.  Earlier in the year we heard that their single player campaign would be out by the end of the year.  Now its on an indefinite TBD, http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/237434-star-citizen-single-player-delayed-indefinitely 

For a man that was named "75 Most Important People in the Games Industry of 1995" by Next Generation is hardly a man with basic experience in game development.  What people are upset about is not that the game is not completed early or on time.  But it had not been completed as promised or with in reason.  Earlier in the year we heard that their single player campaign would be out by the end of the year.  Now its on an indefinite TBD, http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/237434-star-citizen-single-player-delayed-indefinitely 

I definitely used the wrong explanation for what I wanted to present. Roberst has expertise in game development (especially that specific sector), what I wanted to get across is that there is way more to developing a game of that size than only expertise in game development.

I am myself a bit pissed off that they actually anounced a S42 release date for late 2016 that is one of the things that I add to the list of things CIG should have done better, especially after their previous experiences regarding deadlines.

The 'delayed indefinitely' actually I think is a (if planned) kinda good calculated move. CIG knows that the product is not done yet and that they made this mistake again (promissing stuff and actually not being able to at least kinda reach their word), but I think releasing a No Man's Lie 2.0 Squadron42 TechRelease just to fit the deadline would deal them more damage (in terms of public support) than a delay. Especially considering that there are many people just waiting for a flawed TechDemo or FirstChapters Release to throw themselves on and publicly fladder into pieces. They only got a single chance to successfully release that module or a Demo for it after all thoose kinda-bad-publicity-deadline-fails and if that one is flawed or otherwise broken, people will be pissed off quiet badly and that damage I guess could actually end the project depending on how much damaged it does.

Pax

~snip~ Earlier in the year we heard that their single player campaign would be out by the end of the year.  Now its on an indefinite TBD, http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/237434-star-citizen-single-player-delayed-indefinitely 

And this is the only part that ticks me off...alot.  I knew what I was buying into years ago but the main reason I bought into it was for the SQ42 part and now it's like 'meh'.