Singleton

Star Citizen - A true Space-Sim. Here it is.

tumblr_m67jxdE9I81rzc373o2_1280.jpg

I'm speechless oh... i.... i............. <defibs self> Oh god this is so dam amazing.

this is the coolest game idea ever hands down fucking amazing i want to sell one of my organs so i can help fund this

this would put X3 to shame if his whole idea becomes true without shity publisher ruining it

what do you mean goosko ? Exploration is there and i mean for me the main selling features are:

The tour of duty, you fly your campaign and after you're done you enter the civilian sector he mentioned that it will have traders, pirates, explorers its fucking amazing

... I lost my train of thought just revealing in that idea alone xD

I've always wanted a space sim were I play as that hot shot pilot, and I mean not some dovahkiin born with the skills or I am the hero with a million health who 1 hit KO's people or sorts but just the average Joe blow who fucking got good and at his skills and now tears shit and I want all this to be player driven, Like he said if you get good enough you can join sqd 42 or w/e.

to me this looks alot like BSG i loved that series anyways I will look to pledge as much money as i can continually spare to this project, it's like a dream come true

Most importantly its no called Super Realistic Space Carrier Ops Fighter Pilot Simulator its space citizen and I hope he end up adding just as much fidelity to the game then the military aspect.

Come on kimble, Jackson you know it's a cool story :wink:

:biggrin:

i'm probably going to attempt to voice my opinions of what I believe the game should include it on the forums. It would be so cool if there is an ATC and stuff and all the radio chatter xD

Damn it looks amazing, thanks for linking. I see a lot of potential in it, and I haven't seen anything like it in terms of fidelity as that type of game.

Can you enter atmospheres of planets, gas giants rings? Can you land on the surface? Blackholes? My needs are simple.

Edited by Goosko

Can you enter atmospheres of planets, gas giants rings? Can you land on the surface? Blackholes? My need are simple.

The first three are easy, but the most realistic way I can foresee anybody handling black holes is to have the game crash as soon as you pass over the event horizon.

e: That aside, Space Engine and Roberts' idea are two entirely different beasts and comparing the two is akin to comparing a high-end sports car and NASA's SEV.

Edited by SealHammer

Ahh I see, that would be cool as well xD

seal they could no have a blackhole actually effect physics dynamically but rather all the events pre generated to take of the load from stuff.

Ahh I see, that would be cool as well xD

seal they could no have a blackhole actually effect physics dynamically but rather all the events pre generated to take of the load from stuff.

The only thing physicists for-sure know happens when you pass over the event horizon of a black hole is that you become inexorably drawn towards the singularity and you become spaghettified. Everything else is speculation as the laws of physics become less and less relevant the closer you get to the singularity. That's why the most realistic and sensible thing to have occur would be to just crash your game or kill your character outright and throw you back to the main menu.

Edited by SealHammer

Damn, looks impressive, but can't really compare this to Space Engine which is what I would consider a space simulation.

This looks and sound really promising, but there is no way I would throw my money at it.

It's exciting, but it's setting off all of my skeptic alarms. What is being sold here isn't a game. It isn't even really an early version of a game. It's a dream of a game, and Roberts seems to be hoping that he can get enough people excited to fund it. Assuming that happens, there's an insane amount of promise that needs to be delivered on. I think I'll just quietly ignore this for a couple of years until/when it looks like it's solidified into a real game and I know what I can actually look forward to. If he does live up to his promises then this game could be amazing.

Pretty much would love to see ACRE or a similar communications tool on this lol

So you want a several minute delay in communications depending on distance? Would be interesting, but get old quickly.

So you want a several minute delay in communications depending on distance? Would be interesting, but get old quickly.

Dude, its the future. They can easily put some storyline behind how communications have improved to the point where there is no delay. And I think he is getting to a Battlestar Galactica type radio system, with the signal loss, crackles and pops. Sounds awesome on BSG.

Look up Roberts career before. He has done it before.

I know what he has done, but that doesn't mean he may not be over ambitious with what he can do with only 2 million dollars.

Dude, its the future. They can easily put some storyline behind how communications have improved to the point where there is no delay. And I think he is getting to a Battlestar Galactica type radio system, with the signal loss, crackles and pops. Sounds awesome on BSG.

What magical invention will make radio waves travel faster?

Have you ever heard of science FICTION?

Even the craziest science fiction has roots in reality, if this guy wants to create a serious space sim then he should use real world physics.

I know what he has done, but that doesn't mean he may not be over ambitious with what he can do with only 2 million dollars.

Only 2 million? How many crowd funded games have asked for that?