Falcon

[Addon Replacement] US Woodland Units [2012-10-21]

48 members have voted

1. 1. Replace existing BDU units with update units upon availability.

• Yes
    • No

That is not indicated in his posting, as he makes a specific reference to the ability to pay for content.

I'm a bit confused here, what is wrong with me saying what I did? At the present time, many people don't have the DLC and anyone that does, knows that the representation isn't the best. So getting a British camo pack would be better and I wish people were enthusiastic about as much as they are with a replacement. Are we not allowed to say that, or is there something I am unaware of? Seriously, that isn't some sarcastic, cheeky comment, I'm genuinely wondering if because it involves DLC content, we treat it differently.?

Example:

When the PMC DLC came out, there was a texture replacement pack, for the already-in-game low-res PLC units, which basically made them usable hi-res units. This we wont allow

Adding a PMC pack, which are separate units, and seperate textures, is fine.

At least that was the original call when the PMC replacer pack came up.

Example:

When the PMC DLC came out, there was a texture replacement pack, for the already-in-game low-res PLC units, which basically made them usable hi-res units. This we wont allow

Adding a PMC pack, which are separate units, and seperate textures, is fine.

At least that was the original call when the PMC replacer pack came up.

Ah ok, yea, the pack we wanted to add was it's own separate addon. It did not want to replace the low res skins, it's a whole independent project undertook to represent the Brits in ARMA in both MTP and DPM. (Being two different packs, one for each)

I see one problem. Given that we already have DCU units made by our UO members, before we replace them, it might be wise to talk with them to see if they want to see their units replaced. If not, there should be a vote as to whether or not to replace the current DCU units. Also... by winter and summer uniform weights, I seriously hope that this addon-maker is not doing both summer and winter woodland BDU's as the difference visibily is almost non-existant and making them bulkier looking (for the winter uniforms) would not be realistic as they're difficult to tell any difference between unless you touch the fabric or look very closely to see the grid-like weave of the fabric on the summer BDU's. The colors are exactly the same and they both fade at about the same rate. I know because I wore both for 8 years and still have sets of both. With that said, the chocalate-chip units would be good for Desert Storm missions. I made some but not many seemed interested in them, plus these look better (although it's hard to tell if any are wearing the PASGT vests on any units).

Those models/skins are so good. Were they tested?

Read above, they aren't released yet or even testable.

I see one problem. Given that we already have DCU units made by our UO members, before we replace them, it might be wise to talk with them to see if they want to see their units replaced. If not, there should be a vote as to whether or not to replace the current DCU units. Also... by winter and summer uniform weights, I seriously hope that this addon-maker is not doing both summer and winter woodland BDU's as the difference visibily is almost non-existant and making them bulkier looking (for the winter uniforms) would not be realistic as they're difficult to tell any difference between unless you touch the fabric or look very closely to see the grid-like weave of the fabric on the summer BDU's. The colors are exactly the same and they both fade at about the same rate. I know because I wore both for 8 years and still have sets of both. With that said, the chocalate-chip units would be good for Desert Storm missions. I made some but not many seemed interested in them, plus these look better (although it's hard to tell if any are wearing the PASGT vests on any units).

AFAIK, unless a new batch of woodland gear came out, Falcon ported the original ones for us.

"All bases have custom nametapes, patches and rank insgnias that can be changed by the mission maker."

WE CAN MAKE PLAYERNAMES ON NAMETAPES? WAC HEAVEN

Somebody with a massively large name would present a slight problem on the nametape. However, with ranks on the collars that are correct (Spc, MSGT, 1LT, etc...) and names that aren't super long and inflict trolling, that would be a great idea.