Falcon

[Addon Replacement] US Woodland Units [2012-10-21]

48 members have voted

1. 1. Replace existing BDU units with update units upon availability.

• Yes
    • No

More info...

Working with the author to ensure working cateyes and ACE configs. Each piece of equipment is its own model and is attached to the unit, so no worries about 'glued on' rucks. The author is going to be adding 2 more types of packs and 2 ammo bandoliers in addition to the ALICE packs shown. There will be 6 different base variants (Woodland, DCU, and chocolate chip) all in both winter and summer weight. All bases have custom nametapes, patches and rank insgnias that can be changed by the mission maker.

Please tell me your working with him to make sure the attachTo's arnt all sorts of conflicting fucked up? heh.

Allow me to draw an analogy for what I consider this poll. Instead of voting on specific items similarly to law making institutions we are relegated to voting on personal basis and populist sentiment. "Vote yes and I will make a great product."

I'd prefer to keep decision making with regulars in general rather than not. This is unrelated to how promising this addon looks.

Voting no. I will not vote yes for something that does not yet exist, that we do not know the file size of, and that we do not know if it at all works properly or not.

Inkompetent said it, but when it comes to fruition I am certain my vote will have been swayed to "yes".

While I am sympathetic to the arguments against voting on a as yet unrealized project, I feel that a certain level of trust conveyed in a yes vote. I think you can count on the fact that any mod will be properly tested and vetted despite how nice it looks or how much we want it. I think it goes without saying that Impulse would never let anything on the sever that is broken in fundamental ways or that would represent a significant change to the modpack size without first consulting the regulars. If you don't trust that Impulse and the others responsible for server content will fully vet this mod then vote no, we can always take it up when it is released. However the issue is a non starter since I think most people here have a reasonable expectation that they can trust the officers to do their job.

While I am sympathetic to the arguments against voting on a as yet unrealized project, I feel that a certain level of trust conveyed in a yes vote. I think you can count on the fact that any mod will be properly tested and vetted despite how nice it looks or how much we want it. I think it goes without saying that Impulse would never let anything on the sever that is broken in fundamental ways or that would represent a significant change to the modpack size without first consulting the regulars. If you don't trust that Impulse and the others responsible for server content will fully vet this mod then vote no, we can always take it up when it is released. However the issue is a non starter since I think most people here have a reasonable expectation that they can trust the officers to do their job.

It is not about lack of trust on Impulse and others responsible for server content, but rather that you're asking for people to vote on something that has NOT been properly presented. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't vote on something I am not fully aware of.

It is not about lack of trust on Impulse and others responsible for server content, but rather that you're asking for people to vote on something that has NOT been properly presented. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't vote on something I am not fully aware of.

I agree, and I think that's a complacently logical and intellectually consistent position to have. I see this poll more of a consent for Impulse et. al. to add the content provided it matches what has been presented thus far and works. If you don't feel like that's fair or you want to wait then abstain or vote no.

"All bases have custom nametapes, patches and rank insgnias that can be changed by the mission maker."

WE CAN MAKE PLAYERNAMES ON NAMETAPES? WAC HEAVEN

These do look fantastic, but as has been mentioned, it does seem strange to ask regulars to vote on something that hasn't been released, or been tested on the UO servers for compatibility with existing mods. Or am I missing something?

John

More info...

Working with the author to ensure working cateyes and ACE configs. Each piece of equipment is its own model and is attached to the unit, so no worries about 'glued on' rucks. The author is going to be adding 2 more types of packs and 2 ammo bandoliers in addition to the ALICE packs shown. There will be 6 different base variants (Woodland, DCU, and chocolate chip) all in both winter and summer weight. All bases have custom nametapes, patches and rank insgnias that can be changed by the mission maker.

Simply amazing. Maybe convince ACE devs to make the spare barrel bag a backpack using this model. :P

Looking at the pictures i have to say they look rather good. I would like to see them during missions, but i think we should prioritize which mods we want integrated in the modpack. Unfortunately, there are some other addons/mods we need (want) more .

Which addons do we need more, (non argumentative). I would like to know so that I can look at them?

To me, the biggest contradiction of this poll is we don't want proper modern British Army camo which is entirely lacking, but we're ok with voting in some more US stuff to replace some other stuff. Just wish people were this enthusiastic with something we don't have (or have to pay money for).

To me, the biggest contradiction of this poll is we don't want proper modern British Army camo which is entirely lacking, but we're ok with voting in some more US stuff.

I want both.

I want both.

Yea same, but I just find it funny how a proper, modern British BDU is shot down and a replacement for something we have takes off.

Yea same, but I just find it funny how a proper, modern British BDU is shot down and a replacement for something we have takes off.

Poll it again, I'd vote for it.

I see little merit to your point Thawk.

A replacement to something that was voted in, with a better version as it becomes available does not compare to an addition that is voted down.

I was asking for a list of addons that should be looked into, this was not the thread for that.

I am interested in which addons people want to consider, but I suggest that it is done another thread/section.

Replacement packs in general to avoid DLC is not something that we do. Addons that present the same content as a DLC is fine. Just, not replacement packs.

These units are perfect. I think it would be a great idea to have them added, they look much better than the current ones.

I see little merit to your point Thawk.

A replacement to something that was voted in, with a better version as it becomes available does not compare to an addition that is voted down.

I was asking for a list of addons that should be looked into, this was not the thread for that.

I am interested in which addons people want to consider, but I suggest that it is done another thread/section.

Replacement packs in general to avoid DLC is not something that we do. Addons that present the same content as a DLC is fine. Just, not replacement packs.

I thought you were asking for addons we need? So I said that we need the British one and that, also, I think it's pretty contradictory of many to vote yes for a new US one which improves a current one, when they won't vote yes for a British one which massively improves on the one we have.

My apologise if I misunderstood what you were asking.

The pack Thawk is talking about did not present the same content as the DLC, nor was it specifically to avoid buying the DLC, just to be clear.